Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old May 28, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by junaid0110
has anyone who applied on or after 3/13 got their CA yet?
A quick scan up the thread throws up the most recent date for the 'long' approval process as March 7 and approved after 76 days on May 22. 76 days after March 13 is today! Good luck!

It's disappointing for those waiting that the processing time seems to have lengthened by a few days - there was a point a month or so ago where it looked like it would dip below 70 days.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by peter h
A quick scan up the thread throws up the most recent date for the 'long' approval process as March 7 and approved after 76 days on May 22. 76 days after March 13 is today! Good luck!

It's disappointing for those waiting that the processing time seems to have lengthened by a few days - there was a point a month or so ago where it looked like it would dip below 70 days.
Still didn't get the approval. i've been checking all day its 6:08pm EST. it is disappointing that you have to wait this long for something that is a paid service.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Still didn't get the approval. i've been checking all day its 6:08pm EST. it is disappointing that you have to wait this long for something that is a paid service.
When do you need it for?
Based on my own experience, if you are close to the 'typical' timeline and are passing through a US airport with a GE office, I'd try turning up and asking naive questions - like: 'have I been conditionally approved today/during my journey?'. I did this and I suspect that the airport officer gave the conditional approval on the spot and then did my interview.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by jp-mco

I wouldn’t be overly concerned by this. Conditional approvals are currently working to longer timescales. You should receive CA within 77-78 days.
I appreciate your response. I think I am going to just wait it out. Not that I have a choice. I just felt that from others experience it would be a faster process. I’ll look into options after 80 days.
Old May 28, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by peter h
When do you need it for?
Based on my own experience, if you are close to the 'typical' timeline and are passing through a US airport with a GE office, I'd try turning up and asking naive questions - like: 'have I been conditionally approved today/during my journey?'. I did this and I suspect that the airport officer gave the conditional approval on the spot and then did my interview.
i am going to need it soon because i'll be starting my travel for work alot. im not too concerned about Global entry but TSA precheck would be very beneficial.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:11 am

Totally agree. My problem is really the fact there's no "real" update in the system. All I can see in the status that I paid 3/15. No"under review" nothing..just pending. I don't even know if they even look at them. If there's an issue with my application + my 8 y.o twins, I would expect to know sooner rather than "wait it out" as if I have nothing else to do. My husband got his card like practically 6 weeks ago now. That's how inconsistent they are about this.

The kids and I are on day 75 today.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:20 am

i am going to need it soon because i'll be starting my travel for work alot. im not too concerned about Global entry but TSA precheck would be very beneficial.
We have Pre check and thought Conditional approval would be quicker, apparently not.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Power Peter
We have Pre check and thought Conditional approval would be quicker, apparently not.
We have pre check too for the past 2 years, so yea I was wrong thinking I will get approved quicker...
Old May 29, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles | Marriott Bonvoy | Radisson Int'l Rewards
Originally Posted by nocigar
I sent in my application Feb 6 and still no conditional approval. Is there any way to contact CBP and ask about when it might be? I don't fly til 5/30 but I'm getting a little worried.
Hey guys, I finally was approved and got my KTN. Here's my timeline...

Applied 2/6/2019
Conditional Approval 4/18/2019
Interview 5/24/2019
Approval Notification 5/27/2019

Not a moment too soon!
Old May 29, 2019, 12:15 pm

77 days for me today and still no approval
Old May 29, 2019, 12:22 pm

77 days for me today and still no approval
:-( oh well. At this point, the kids and I probably travel overseas without it. At least we get to use pre-check for our transit/layover.
We all will travel on 6/19.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by NSBTX
If there's an issue with my application + my 8 y.o twins, I would expect to know sooner rather than "wait it out" as if I have nothing else to do.
You may want to take a look at the Global Entry for Children/Infants thread.

Originally Posted by NSBTX
:-( oh well. At this point, the kids and I probably travel overseas without it. At least we get to use pre-check for our transit/layover.
We all will travel on 6/19.
Should it come to that, Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival may be an option for you.
Old May 29, 2019, 4:36 pm

Our family applied on 3/10/19. Wife and two kids received conditional approval within 1 week. I had to wait 80 days, but it finally happened today:

For me:
Applied
3/10/2019
Conditional Approval 5/29/2019 (80 days)
Old May 29, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Hawatani
Our family applied on 3/10/19. Wife and two kids received conditional approval within 1 week. I had to wait 80 days, but it finally happened today:

For me:
Applied
3/10/2019
Conditional Approval 5/29/2019 (80 days)
damn 80 days that's crazy
Old May 29, 2019, 8:42 pm

Mother-in-law applied 4/23, conditional approval on 5/1 and final approval on 5/17.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.