Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:36 pm

applied on 6/21/2013 and still waiting. Going to travel abroad on 7/24 really hope that i can get this whole thing over with before that.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:35 pm

Was recommended to join Flyertalk by a person I became friends with on a recent vacation. I have been lurking for a bit, but decided to post for some luck as others have received on this site.

Applied: 6/25 and my application is still pending review. Hopefully I can get an appointment at PHL soon.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by CREN
Was recommended to join Flyertalk by a person I became friends with on a recent vacation. I have been lurking for a bit, but decided to post for some luck as others have received on this site.

Applied: 6/25 and my application is still pending review. Hopefully I can get an appointment at PHL soon.
Just a word of warning, Philly is booked through early September. I did not feel like waiting that long, so booked a next day appointment in Newark. If you must do Philly, I'd suggest booking the first available, and then checking daily for earlier cancellations. They do in fact open up. I had originally booked the first available of September 6th, but checked back later in the day and found a late July appointment. I didn't take it, as I will be in the Caribbean for the next few weeks.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:22 pm

Anyone know why my Nexus application is still pending review after 8 weeks? (I was approved earlier this year for global entry in about 10 days.)
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:06 am

PHX Appointment Report

Originally Posted by jes999
Got approval this morning. 24 days. Appointments are available in Phoenix starting on July 9 (less than two weeks out) so that is encouraging!^
Arrived on time for my 2:30 appointment at PHX and they were running about 10 minutes behind. A little annoying but it was towards the end of the day (last appointment is 2:45) so it was understandable. They had three stations set up for interviews and all three were being used. Interview went quickly and TSA Agent was very courteous. He pointed out that not all airlines and security checkpoints had TSA-PreCheck and recommended checking the availability at airports to which I travel to know which airlines and checkpoints had PreCheck lines. I was not approved on the spot due to fingerprint verification system being “extremely slow” according to the agent. I received an e-mail the next morning from GOES notifying me of my change in status. Approval letter was available on the GOES website. Overall, a pretty painless and efficient process.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Applied: June 22
Conditional Approval: July 13 (Saturday!)
First appointment available at PDX: Aug 6 (I'll be checking for cancellations)
Old Jul 13, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Applied: 6/22
Approval: 7/13

Appointment scheduled for 7/29 in San Antonio.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Mrs. cwilson830:

Applied: 6/13
Conditional Approval: 7/7
Interview/Approval: 7/13
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
We submitted online apps for the kids a week ago and still "processing." Kind of irritating as it took less time to process mine and Mrs. B's and we have far more travel on our passports, not to mention a bit more background to check (assuming they even do that) than a couple of children. I guess we will have to be patient, either staff has been cut back or business has increased.

That being said you are lucky to get an interview in 4 days. At SFO and LAX it takes months... (not to mention a complete waste of time for children)
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by onsera
applied on 6/21/2013 and still waiting. Going to travel abroad on 7/24 really hope that i can get this whole thing over with before that.
UPDATE. This thread is magical ! i got conditionally approved the day after i posted on here(7/13). Now i just need to refresh from time to time to try to get a spot before 7/24! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting !
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:15 pm

Hello everyone! Anyone has feedback regarding applicants in Orlando ? .
Applied 7/3/13. Pending review currently.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:17 pm

Any chance of getting Global Entry in time?

I have been procrastinating, and it looks like the process is somewhat lengthy. I am departing the US on August 18 and likely won't be back until the day after Christmas. I am based in Houston.

Any chance I can start and finish process by the departure date or should I not even bother trying?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by future elite
I have been procrastinating, and it looks like the process is somewhat lengthy. I am departing the US on August 18 and likely won't be back until the day after Christmas. I am based in Houston.

Any chance I can start and finish process by the departure date or should I not even bother trying?
depends on the wait to set up an interview. seems like processing time is around 21-25 days right now...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by future elite

I would go ahead and get your application in ASAP.. You might not get it done before your trip, though maybe you'll get lucky and it will happen for you.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I would go ahead and get your application in ASAP.. You might not get it done before your trip, though maybe you'll get lucky and it will happen for you.
I just submitted my application. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.