Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:51 pm

Wife and I applied 7/1. Wife received CA 7/6, I am still waiting.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:26 am

I am working to escalate my husband's application, per various postings here as well as the "contact us" links on the TTP website and in the past few weeks have run into new problems:

the general information phone number - (877) 227-5511 is not a working number anymore.
The links for "Need Help" (https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/) and for "For help with Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST" (https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/lis...ogram/search/1)

are both dead links.

One page on the CBP website that I now can't navigate back to states to "email us" using the link on the right hand side of this page - no such link exists.

MY QUESTION - Is anyone else running into similar issues? Does anyone have suggestions on how to successfully contact someone with TTP?

Stats -
Myself:
July 13 - Applied
July 18 - Conditional Approval
August 14 - Interview
August 15 - Approved

Husband:
July 13 - Applied
December 6 - still waiting, day 146
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by LKC118
I am working to escalate my husband's application, per various postings here as well as the "contact us" links on the TTP website and in the past few weeks have run into new problems:

the general information phone number - (877) 227-5511 is not a working number anymore.
The links for "Need Help" (https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/) and for "For help with Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST" (https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/lis...ogram/search/1)

are both dead links.

One page on the CBP website that I now can't navigate back to states to "email us" using the link on the right hand side of this page - no such link exists.

MY QUESTION - Is anyone else running into similar issues? Does anyone have suggestions on how to successfully contact someone with TTP?

Stats -
Myself:
July 13 - Applied
July 18 - Conditional Approval
August 14 - Interview
August 15 - Approved

Husband:
July 13 - Applied
December 6 - still waiting, day 146
I have had success getting a response asking a question through their online submission system: https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US. You will need your husband's PASSID, passport, etc., but given what you mentioned, CBP will not escalate as they are allowing themselves 180 days to process cases. Good luck.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:41 am

I have retried the phone number with success today (after reading on someone's post that it is sometimes working and sometimes not). Well success in talking to a human, not success in escalating. As you mentioned, they say the normal wait time is 180 days and you can escalate 60 days after that. When we started this process, you could escalate after 100 days. Apparently its a moving target and you are not tied to the cohort of when you applied.

That said, I have moved ahead with also submitting a web-form requesting assistance. It can't hurt to have more pings to the system.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:04 pm

My family and I applied on 6/21.. both boys approved in 2 weeks, interviewed and already have their cards. Meanwhile, my husband and I are still waiting. So frustrating!
Old Dec 7, 2019, 5:15 pm

Applied for Global Entry on July 10, as soon as I got my greencard and was finally eligible. Been waiting... 150 days now... still nothing... *crickets*....
It's really frustarting, because I have had 4 long international trips this year, and about to go on another one... plus countless domestic flights within the US... I've been wanting global entry so badly for years, and the longest delay was getting my greencard first just so I could become eligible... now the wait time has blown out until the end of time it seems
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by RedPenguin
Looks like we may be one of the longest waiting here

Applied for our GEs on May 27. I received CA on Oct 28 (154 Days).

Other half still awaiting CA - 177 Days and counting. We have escalated via the phone number mentioned above but only get the standard response back with the average processing time being 4-6 months for GE. Only 1 week away from six months so will escalate again.
Other half's CA came in on Nov 27 (184 Days) and approval Dec 4. What a palaver!
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta skymiles
Originally Posted by snake
Applied July 9, now 149 days, maybe by Christmas.
I also applied on July 9th and still waiting Let's see who gets it first!
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
My SO applied 12/4, CA 12/9.

Last edited by Sicariis; Dec 9, 2019 at 10:12 am
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:02 am

Applied for my new born baby as soon as we received her passport on July 7th. Still waiting.
All family members already have the cards (applied 2 years ago)
How should I escalate? Email? any phone number?

Thank you
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:44 am

Applied: 6/20/2019
Still Pending Approval: 172 Days
Old Dec 9, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by bambithebeagle
Been following this thread for a while. Applied for GE on 6/19, still waiting for CA on 12/5 (169 days)
I've reached out twice via email to follow up and was met with the cookie cutter response except they just extended the deadline...so frustrating
Just got my CA! Total wait time: 174 days. I checked this morning and it was still Pending Review so I decided to send CBP another email through their website to follow up. I got the same cookie cutter response within 20 minutes - but I checked my portal again and I got approved!!!! Coincidence..?? Maybe, maybe not.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Wow! What a long thread, exhausting to just scroll to the bottom. I applied for GE on 9/16. I assumed wait times were short because after flying in from international I surveyed people waiting to interview at SFO. 4 out of 5 were approved in four weeks and one in 5 weeks. After reading some of these it seems that you get a quick review or you get put on the long, long line, which is where I find myself.

Before I had seen this forum I wrote emails to ask about pending review status. The form letter I got back said, "average processing times are up to 6 months for Global Entry and NEXUS..." What many of you might find really interesting is that the communication also stated, "your application may take a shorter and longer time to process depending on what the vetting center determines, not when it was submitted. The vetting process cannot be expedited."

Has anyone ever heard of this "vetting center"? Is this part of the CBP, Homeland, or some other agency? And by chance is anyone familiar with what criteria they might use to put people in the long que? I have read speculations about names, but I guarantee that is not it, as my name is unique. I am a citizen and do not have a criminal record. Thanks to anyone who might have answers.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:04 pm

I would like to contact CBP to escalate my application. What would be the best way to contact them? I couldn't find a email address, or a working phone number.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by xiaoning
I would like to contact CBP to escalate my application. What would be the best way to contact them? I couldn't find a email address, or a working phone number.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
If you log in and go to the help center and look for contact us. There will be a page with an email form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.