Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applications [US citizens & LPR's]

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applications [US citizens & LPR's]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 2, 19, 10:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 13, 19, 9:00 am

Applied on 4th June, conditional approval on 12th November - 5 months and 8 days (or 161 days, exactly 23 weeks).

Flying back to the US mid January (to JFK) and lots of availability for interview slots.
Old Nov 13, 19, 10:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Lee Harris View Post
Applied on 4th June, conditional approval on 12th November - 5 months and 8 days (or 161 days, exactly 23 weeks).

Flying back to the US mid January (to JFK) and lots of availability for interview slots.
You may want to consider Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival program which allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States.
Old Nov 13, 19, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
You may want to consider Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival program which allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States.
Yes, that's definitely an option. The last time I flew to JFK it wasn't open, for some reason, but if it is, I'll go through that, instead, and just cancel my appointment (which is for later in the week).
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:00 pm

CA just got approved

I applied on 6/3 and got CA approval this morning, 11/13.
My husband applied the same day as I did but was approved a couple days after we applied.
The first available to interview where I am (Austin, TX) is March 3, 2020, however because our trip is over the winter break, we are driving down to Laredo to go sooner.

Good luck to you all.
Old Nov 14, 19, 11:38 am

Keep checking the available dates in Austin and you should be able to get an interview much sooner.
Old Nov 16, 19, 6:38 pm

Still waiting

Applied May 31st
Received Conditional Approval Nov. 11th
Had Interview Nov.14th
Still waiting for my final approval.

How long does it take after the interview to get final approval ??? Should I be nervous in a week ???
Old Nov 16, 19, 6:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Dennis Nelson View Post
How long does it take after the interview to get final approval ??? Should I be nervous in a week ???
Please take a look at the following thread:
Global entry application is still "Conditionally Approved" after interview
Old Nov 17, 19, 6:41 am

Applied on June 8th
Conditional Approval: Pending
LPR
162 days and counting...
Old Nov 17, 19, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
Wife and I already have GE. Applied for my mother in law first week of October. She got conditionally approved in 6 days. Applied for my infant daughter a few days later... and still waiting a month later. Weird... I would have expected the opposite. They approved a 72 year old that has traveled the world in under a week... and an infant that has been alive for less the two months and gone nowhere is still waiting in queue... Do they randomly grab some files and fast track them? Curious if anyone has data points on this... thx
Old Nov 17, 19, 12:04 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff View Post
Wife and I already have GE. Applied for my mother in law first week of October. She got conditionally approved in 6 days. Applied for my infant daughter a few days later... and still waiting a month later. Weird... I would have expected the opposite. They approved a 72 year old that has traveled the world in under a week... and an infant that has been alive for less the two months and gone nowhere is still waiting in queue... Do they randomly grab some files and fast track them? Curious if anyone has data points on this... thx
Totally random. If you read through all 1268 posts, you will come to that conclusion.

If you figure out the algorithm, you win a Nobel prize.
Old Nov 17, 19, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mighty_Bluff View Post
Get ready for the long haul. From replies on here either takes a week or 5+ months. Nothing in between.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:38 am

Applied: 7/18/2019
CA: 11/17/2019

4 months or 123 days

No available appointments in Chicago Field Office or O'Hare
First available appointment in San Diego Otay Mesa Enrollment Center on 2/4/2020

As others noted, check constantly for newly available appointment slots as I was able to snag one on 12/20/2019 at Otay Mesa.

Hopefully, I will be able to get Enrollment on Arrival on 12/2/2019 at LAX with a 2.5 hour connection.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by riro424; Nov 18, 19 at 6:15 pm
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by riro424 View Post
CA: 11/17/2019

Hopefully, I will be able to get Enrollment on Arrival on 12/2/2020 at LAX with a 2.5 hour connection.
IIRC you only have 1 year from the date of receiving CA, so Id try to find an appointment (or make a trip) earlier.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:59 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by michab View Post
IIRC you only have 1 year from the date of receiving CA, so Id try to find an appointment (or make a trip) earlier.
I think s/he meant to type 2 Dec2019.
Old Nov 18, 19, 1:15 pm

Still Waiting

Applied on June 9th
Conditional Approval: Pending
162 days and counting.

anyone have the contact number?

Search this Thread