Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Infinity MileageLands
Finally got CA today.

Applied 2/23/19
CA 5/6/19
72 days

EDIT: No email notice.

Last edited by Kalbo; May 6, 2019 at 4:17 pm
Old May 7, 2019, 8:58 am

I wanted to thank the guy that collected the data points.

My wife and I applied on March 7. She was conditionally approved on March 15.
I'm still waiting. Day 61 at this point.

She is retired. I am not. I however have had a bunch of international travel. I also have had a number of background checks run on me for a variety of things, including clearance checks back in 93 to work with the EOP(Executive Office of the President) and Loral defense systems.
I have zero arrests, incidents, or anything like that. No negative interactions with law enforcement ever.

It's either all that, or I'm just unlucky. I hope to clear on or before 72 like others up thread. It's pretty annoying.
Kalbo likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by Malsua
I wanted to thank the guy that collected the data points.

My wife and I applied on March 7. She was conditionally approved on March 15.
I'm still waiting. Day 61 at this point.
If you meant me, then you're welcome. However, it wouldn't have been possible without people coming here to tell of their own experiences. Hope that you'll be able to report back in 10 days or so...
Old May 7, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by peter h
If you meant me, then you're welcome. However, it wouldn't have been possible without people coming here to tell of their own experiences. Hope that you'll be able to report back in 10 days or so...
Yes you. I skimmed the entire thread from the start. I went back to look for your username but wasn't able to spot it again.

It gives me hope to see the data spread in that maybe they haven't simply lost my application.

This isn't the first time my background checks have taken a long time. I sorta expect it at this point, I may have a long file or something just because of past associations.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:25 am

Just to add more data points for those keeping track...
Husband already has Global Entry. I just have TSA Pre-check.

I applied for Global Entry for both myself and our child on 2/18/19. He was conditionally approved on 5/1. I am still awaiting my approval.

Also, no email notification received. I only found out by logging in and checking.

Last edited by Socastee; May 7, 2019 at 10:27 am Reason: add information.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:19 pm

Applied 2/23/19
CA 5/6/19
72 days to get CA

Interview IAH 5/7/19

Approved an hour later before I got home

No email notices were sent at any time during the process had to manually check each time.

Good luck to everyone, I have a current secret clearance and no arrests or criminal record. 10+ years since my last traffic violation.

Last edited by Kalbo; May 7, 2019 at 2:39 pm
Old May 7, 2019, 5:59 pm

Emails - mine says to check the dashboard and that no emails will be sent.

I keep seeing people mention no emails or a broken system, but the site told me at application and when I go back that I should not expect one, to check back there.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:12 pm

How long is too long to wait...

I sent in my application on 4/24 and still have not heard back yet.

My my mom and boyfriend both submitted their applications 3-5 days after me, and have both heard back.

i have been to a substantially larger amount of countries than they have in the past 5 years, could that be affecting it? 😞
Old May 8, 2019, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by StayAtHomeMomOnTheGo
I keep seeing people mention no emails or a broken system, but the site told me at application and when I go back that I should not expect one, to check back there.
The person who conducted my interview told me I would receive an email letting me know I was approved. Email never came so there is something wrong with their system in one way or another.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent post describing the Global Entry enrollment interview was moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 8, 2019, 2:04 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by Kalbo
The person who conducted my interview told me I would receive an email letting me know I was approved. Email never came so there is something wrong with their system in one way or another.
No email is coming. He told you the wrong information.

Originally Posted by Superbblake
I sent in my application on 4/24 and still have not heard back yet.

My my mom and boyfriend both submitted their applications 3-5 days after me, and have both heard back.

i have been to a substantially larger amount of countries than they have in the past 5 years, could that be affecting it? 😞

If you don't get it in 2 weeks, you have 2.5 months to wait. No idea why. We've all tried to figure it out, it's just the way it is.

Last edited by TWA884; May 8, 2019 at 2:50 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:34 pm

Happy to finally update!

Husband and I both applied on 2/25. I received CA on 3/5. Husband received CA today (5/8) - keeping the new trend of 72 days.

Interview this weekend at MIA
Old May 9, 2019, 8:12 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Fro indexing and future search purposes, a recent question and an answer about a renewal timeline were moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 10, 2019, 10:48 am

Applied for initial enrollment on Feb 27 and still pending review. I believe today is the 72nd day and am hoping for conditional approval soon.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Also applied 2/27 and got CA today. Scheduled interview for first available at BOS on 7/5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.