FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1066899-global-entry-us-citizens-lprs-first-time-applicants-timelines-information.html)

UKtravelbear Jan 26, 2019 5:34 am

There are a few other reports on here of peoples conditional approval coming through - I would assume these are the easy cases where the database searches come up as 'clean' so CA can be given without human intervention.

I woulnd't hold out any hope of a rapid approval. The backlog must be quite significant now (as it appeared to be even before the shut down) and will take some time to clear

megz11 Jan 27, 2019 4:23 pm

I applied on Nov 28th and still Pending for conditional approval. :(

FMRL201 Jan 28, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by mramh (Post 30701550)
Applied 11/2/2018 (almost 3 months) and application still pending for conditional approval

Same here. Applied 11/1, no conditional approval.

Did not get approval in time for holiday travel overseas. I was optimistic I'd get it by the next time I'll be flying international, in early March, but that is looking less and less likely. The entire process has been pretty disappointing and I'm not likely to renew if I end up being approved.

erinbeth2 Jan 28, 2019 8:35 am

Approval Wait times...

I applied on 12/14 and still not have been conditionally approved. Any ideas as to why other than the government shutdown? I was completely honest on my application. No arrests, all job and address info was correct. Countries visited info was correct too. Making me kind of worried that it is taking so long. Any help or advise would be wonderful!

wtraveler2 Jan 28, 2019 9:20 am

Still pending after 12 weeks

Both applied for Global Entry 11/2
Wife received approval in 4 days and sailed through interview
I was still waiting 8 weeks before government shut-down. Now almost 13 weeks and counting! No background problems here!

Have sent several online complaints. Always receive the "3-5" week average wait time" response.

Quite frustrating because we travel internationally mid February! We would not recommend the Global Entry program to others.....they grab your $100 fee and after 13 weeks, no answer. Be warned of this voluntary taxation/donation for zero return.

sleuth Jan 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by wtraveler2 (Post 30710223)
Both applied for Global Entry 11/2
Wife received approval in 4 days and sailed through interview
I was still waiting 8 weeks before government shut-down. Now 12 weeks and counting! No background problems here!

Have sent several online complaints. Always receive the "3-5" week average wait time" response.

Quite frustrating because we travel internationally mid February!

It won’t help for your February trip, but if you are conditionally approved before or during your trip see if you can do Enrollment on Arrival when you pass through customs on your way home. At least that will save you having to make an appointment for an interview at a later date.

mramh Jan 30, 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by mramh (Post 30701550)
Applied 11/2/2018 (almost 3 months) and application still pending for conditional approval

Conditional approved today. Initial application 11/2/2018. No email received. Check the website to check your status

23t Jan 30, 2019 6:40 am

Congrats!

Hmm, I hope this doesn't mean another month for those of us that applied early December and weren't approved in the 5 day window automatically.

Originally Posted by mramh (Post 30718349)
Conditional approved today. Initial application 11/2/2018. No email received. Check the website to check your status

FMRL201 Jan 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by mramh (Post 30718349)

Same here. Applied 11/1. The date of the approval letter was Jan 29 but I didn't get any email notification. Scheduled an appointment for the last week of Feb.

Good thing I've been checking the website daily since December.

TWA884 Jan 31, 2019 8:27 am

Moderator's Action

Posts discussing the listing countries visited on the Global Entry application were moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Malini Patel Jan 31, 2019 12:46 pm

Applied Dec 14th right before shutdown- it's been 6 weeks and nothing yet. I was hoping with the shutdown over with, I would get approved.
Filed a complaint but no response from that or the telephone number...so frustrating!

wtraveler2 Feb 4, 2019 1:41 pm

Global Entry application: Waiting 96 days minus 35 shutdown days = (71 days)
Is it possible for an application to GET LOST? Applied Nov 2 and my wife was cleared within 4 days. 8 weeks still pending before the government shut-down and now at 13 weeks without an answer. Clean history and background, so is it possible that vetting has lost my file or there is a computer glitch? Have sent multiple email complaint requests and unable to talk to a person on the phone.

Frustration.

Kated Feb 4, 2019 4:46 pm

I applied Jan 8 and it’s feb 5 and still not approved. My kids however were approved right away. Hoping ft magic will work for me too!!!

tamara1 Feb 4, 2019 6:25 pm

Conditional approval!

I finally got conditional approval today! Yay! I applied November 7th and sent a complaint email yesterday. I travel on 2/20 and the next available interview is 2/19. I really hope we don't have another shutdown. Is that too close to my travel date to use it?

UKtravelbear Feb 5, 2019 7:46 am

Originally Posted by tamara1 (Post 30739930)
I finally got conditional approval today! Yay! I applied November 7th and sent a complaint email yesterday. I travel on 2/20 and the next available interview is 2/19. I really hope we don't have another shutdown. Is that too close to my travel date to use it?

I don't think your complaint email had anything to do with it!

Approval generally comes through the same day as the interview (as long as you get approved of course)