FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1066899-global-entry-us-citizens-lprs-first-time-applicants-timelines-information.html)

elc2414 Feb 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by elc2414 (Post 30821000)
Conditional approval 75 days after applying.
Approved February 25th.
FINALLY!
Currently on international trip, so no help this trip. Will attempt enrollment on arrival at LAX upon coming back.
Never received email notification as some have said. Just notice on my account page.

Did Enrollment on Entry today at LAX. Process was quick and easy. My wife and I were the only two people in the dedicated Enrollment on Entry line. Took about 10 minutes to process both of us.

Pleasant surprise was that the CBP officer said that since both our birthdays had just passed, we have right at 6 years before expiration instead of 5.

thonati Feb 28, 2019 5:32 pm

UPDATE: 28FEB19: Apply for my wife, she has not received as much as a parking ticket or speeding ticket. No international air travel ever, although car travel to Canada several times. First-ever passport arrived in the mail 13DEC18 and I applied 13DEC18. Today CONDITIONALLY APPROVED.

Billy Mumphrey Mar 1, 2019 6:54 am

Applied 2-21-2019
Conditional Approval 2-28-2019

Wbeest Mar 1, 2019 11:43 am

...got conditional approval last July...still hoping for someone who knows what he/she is doing to complete interview on entry!! Next try in April at JFK.

sleuth Mar 1, 2019 12:34 pm

Still waiting on my conditional approval for just over a month now. Pre-check expires in May so I might just renew that with a credit card that covers the fee and then wait to schedule my GE interview later in the year closer to my bday.

I used the MobilePassport app two weeks ago and got through LAX T4 customs in less than a two minutes after collecting my bag. If MobilePassport is this easy to use I won’t have much of a need for GE.

1KChinito Mar 1, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by sleuth (Post 30836242)
Still waiting on my conditional approval for just over a month now. Pre-check expires in May so I might just renew that with a credit card that covers the fee and then wait to schedule my GE interview later in the year closer to my bday.

I used the MobilePassport app two weeks ago and got through LAX T4 customs in less than a two minutes after collecting my bag. If MobilePassport is this easy to use I won’t have much of a need for GE.

Mobile Passport App is that easy to use. Your Global Entry application will most likely be approved in two months or sooner.

breiec Mar 1, 2019 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by breiec (Post 30824949)
Applied 12-12-2018
Conditional Approval 2-26-2019

Will try to do On Arrival in Chicago on my way back from Sweden. Not sure that will work however since I will be landing at 6:30 PM on Friday. Looked to me that it was only available till like 3 or 4. Hopefully I am wrong.

Was able to do global entry interview on arivval at ORD even though I arrived around 6 on a Friday. Hours on site say say something like 8:30 - 3:30.

Clar Mar 2, 2019 9:33 am

I've applied on 1/16/2019 and still pending review. seems that government is doing first in last out on the GE applications.

Originally Posted by Raven_FL (Post 30828512)
Submitted application on 1/25/19 (when the government reopened)
Conditionally approved on 2/1/19 and signed up for an interview (a few spots were available on 2/26-28)
Interviewed today and received email notifying me of change of status shortly after the interview.

TWA884 Mar 2, 2019 2:11 pm

Moderator's Action

Recent posts discussing Global Entry renewal timelines were moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

StayAtHomeMomOnTheGo Mar 2, 2019 10:43 pm

Applied, and question regarding.

I applied the night of Friday, March 1. Paid at the same time.
I will update as it progresses as I have been glad to read others' experiences.

My question is having seen some say you should not answer "to save time/for convenience" when asked why you want to join the program. What other reason would there be?

1KChinito Mar 3, 2019 11:02 am

Originally Posted by StayAtHomeMomOnTheGo (Post 30841123)
I applied the night of Friday, March 1. Paid at the same time.
I will update as it progresses as I have been glad to read others' experiences.

My question is having seen some say you should not answer "to save time/for convenience" when asked why you want to join the program. What other reason would there be?

Welcome to FT.

Travel internationally and TSA PreCheck.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=22732

dimitar_sj Mar 3, 2019 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Clar (Post 30839009)
I've applied on 1/16/2019 and still pending review. seems that government is doing first in last out on the GE applications.

I’ve applied on 1/14/2019 and still pending review too. I’m flying internationally in about 3 1/2 weeks and I hope I’ll get the GE before my trip. Good luck to you too!

Clar Mar 3, 2019 12:01 pm

I'm departing around the end of March too. :) Then back mid April. Hopefully i get conditional approval before i arrive so I can do the interview after I land. If I don't get approval when I land then I'll ask CBP officer and see if anything I can do to get an interview that day(probably fat chance).

Originally Posted by dimitar_sj (Post 30842789)

I’ve applied on 1/14/2019 and still pending review too. I’m flying internationally in about 3 1/2 weeks and I hope I’ll get the GE before my trip. Good luck to you too!

elc2414 Mar 4, 2019 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Wbeest (Post 30836076)
...got conditional approval last July...still hoping for someone who knows what he/she is doing to complete interview on entry!! Next try in April at JFK.

We did enrollment on arrival at LAX last week. Easy and simple process. Just look for the dedicated line that is for enrollment on arrival - I assume JFK has one too. Or ask any of the CBP personnel in the entry hall. They'll point you in the right direction. Be sure to have your conditional approval letter to give to the officer!

dimitar_sj Mar 4, 2019 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Clar (Post 30842875)
I'm departing around the end of March too. :) Then back mid April. Hopefully i get conditional approval before i arrive so I can do the interview after I land. If I don't get approval when I land then I'll ask CBP officer and see if anything I can do to get an interview that day(probably fat chance).

Very disappointing. I expected it to take 3-5 weeks.