Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:44 am

We feel your pain. We leave on an international trip today and now is 3.5 months for my husband. 4 month point hits March 2. Really unacceptable, and we would not have applied if we had known.
elc2414 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

The Trusted Travelers forum is informational. Members come here in search of data points and practical advice about applying for and using the various Trusted Travelers programs.

This thread is for keeping track of processing timelines of first time Global Entry applicants.

Please limit your postings here to seeking and providing practical information, and sharing news, experiences and data points about Global Entry applications approval timelines.

While some limited natural deviation from the topic is obviously acceptable, please let's keep the focus of this thread on reporting approval times.

Complaints, commentaries, opinions, and rants about about government bureaucracy and speculations as to why some applicants experience longer waits for the conditional and/or final approval of their GE applications belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum or OMNI/PR (access to OMNI is limited to members who have been on FlyerTalk for 180 days and posted 180 contributive posts).

Future non-informational content will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:36 am

Applied Dec 12th... I am now on second overseas trip since then and I am still waiting for conditional approval. Guess it does not matter much anyway since the interview office in Wisconsin is now showing no available appointments. I was hoping that I would get it at least on this trip so I could do my interview on arrival in Chicago but my plane will land in a week on Friday at 6:30 PM and I see from the On Arrival site it looks like that will be out of their open hours......Wish I had my 100.00 back.
elc2414 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:54 pm

Applied: October 30, 2018 (payment processed the same day)
Conditional Approval: February 21, 2019
(no email notification, logged in for notification)

AT LAST!

WHAT. A. JOURNEY.
elc2414 likes this.

Last edited by esq2016; Feb 21, 2019 at 2:58 pm Reason: Forgot to add one detail regarding payment
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by esq2016
Applied: October 30, 2018 (payment processed the same day)
Conditional Approval: February 21, 2019
(no email notification, logged in for notification)

AT LAST!

WHAT. A. JOURNEY.
Welcome to FT. Your application to conditional approval is one of the longer ones. Did you log in occasionally to see if you were conditionally approved?

If your birthday is coming up soon, schedule your interview the day after your birthday. You will receive 364 bonus days.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. Your application to conditional approval is one of the longer ones. Did you log in occasionally to see if you were conditionally approved?

If your birthday is coming up soon, schedule your interview the day after your birthday. You will receive 364 bonus days.
Sadly, my birthday is not coming up! I have trips coming up very soon, so I'm just happy I'm on track to get final approval before then!

I logged in very regularly and impatiently (and watched so many on flyertalk get conditional approval before me with jealousy!) to check on my conditional approval (I had a trips back in late November/end of year, for which I had high hopes in terms of GE) and even emailed once (no response; I forget when I emailed, but it might have been just prior to the shutdown). I have a clean record. I bounced around a fair bit for a a few years, but mainly among the same three cities (pretty much the same addresses each time), which shouldn't be suspicious because I was a student at the time (I don't know why they would take long to investigate/confirm given the fact that I've submitted these addresses in prior investigations for a position at a federal government office and other positions, but who knows?). I chalked it up to bureaucracy and to the shutdown and kept perspective, after all GE is a privilege and convenience, and expressions of entitlement are certainly not productive! Certainly, of all the services that came to a halt or are still delayed because of the shutdown, this is probably among the least essential and of little consequence to anyone's survival.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:23 pm

It's been almost six weeks since I applied for GE and I am still waiting on the conditional approval.
1/14 - applied, 2/22 - still waiting on the approval.
Did not know so many people have waited for so long. I have an international trip coming up at the end of March and I really hope I'll get it by then.

Last edited by dimitar_sj; Feb 22, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was conditionally approved today after applying mid-late December (I don't remember the exact date)

First interview slot at SFO was 3/29, but I'll try to do a walk-in this Tuesday when I fly this weekend. If not, I can do it on arrival in mid-march.
elc2414 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:52 pm

Good for you, VegasGambler!
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by dimitar_sj
It's been almost six weeks since I applied for GE and I am still waiting on the conditional approval.
1/14 - applied, 2/22 - still waiting on the approval.
Did not know so many people have waited for so long. I have an international trip coming up at the end of March and I really hope I'll get it by then.
Now you know. Does it make you feel better?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:09 pm

Not really at least I don’t wonder.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:12 pm

Applied December 29th

Today (2/22/19): Nothing yet and fast approaching 2 months.

Does typos delay applications? In my application, an autofill accidentally put La Palma as my city of birth when it's actually Bangkok.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:23 pm

2/4 Submitted Global Entry App for Wife and I
2/10 Wife is given conditional approval
2/25 Mine still sitting at "Pending Review"

Am I just unluck or should I be worried about not getting approved? No criminal history...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Conditional approval 75 days after applying.
Approved February 25th.
FINALLY!
Currently on international trip, so no help this trip. Will attempt enrollment on arrival at LAX upon coming back.
Never received email notification as some have said. Just notice on my account page.
dimitar_sj likes this.

Last edited by elc2414; Feb 27, 2019 at 3:22 pm Reason: Added data point.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by thonati
UPDATE: 30DEC18 and no conditional approval. As mentioned above, my wife has no criminal record, no traffic stops, never held a passport so no international travel except for Canada a few times via land before 9/11/2001.

So either the shutdown is affecting the approvals OR the background check is completely random. My wife is so squeaky clean, Mr. Clean would blush. Today makes 17 days so we missed the first bucket of approvals at the 10 day mark. Now we are tracking the 30~40 day mark. I will keep the board up-to-date.
Still no conditional approval. Applied 13DEC18. Fee hit my CC a few days later. As I mentioned, my wife has never been arrested or received so much as a parking ticket. She has never been stopped by the Police. Now I am starting to wonder, WHO DID I MARRY? If the CBP does not trust her, why should I? We were high school sweethearts (in the 1980s) but maybe, just maybe there is something in her background that she is hiding from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.