Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:26 pm

Another data point: applied 5/29, approved 10/30 in the evening. I received an email. 155 days total. First interview in DFW is 12/31. I'm going to try and walk in this Friday to expedite since I fly multiple times a week.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Applied for renewal 6/14, approved 10/30. Time in limbo: 138 days.
Now the first interview in DEN is July 2020!!! I saw that SEA has slots for 10/31. I am outside of the country right now, so I may do it on arrival if possible.
What's the wait time for that process in SFO/LAX or SEA?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
...so I may do it on arrival if possible.
What's the wait time for that process in SFO/LAX or SEA?
Questions about Enrollment on Arrival belong in the following thread:
You may also find useful information in the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:13 am

I just called and was told you have to have been waiting for 6 MONTHS before they will escalate your case. They also told me it is dependent on who gets the file and how quickly they work. Both my son and my colleague were approved in around 5 days. I applied before my son and have been waiting 118 days. This is incredibly frustrating and seemingly no sympathies for the inconsistency in approval times - no place to get any resolution or assistance in escalating a long-awaited approval.

Last edited by bchalmers; Oct 31, 2019 at 8:22 am Reason: clarity of thought
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by commserver
I live in NYC and submitted the paid application on October 2 and got conditional approval on October 6 according to the letter.

The letter has address of Williston VT.

I want to do interview at JFK since I live nearby. I have appointment for November 2 at 930AM.
How did you file a complaint? I would like to do so, but they won't escalate until it's been 6 months (it's been 118 days). Is there another way to file a complaint?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 9:36 am

Wife applied on 9/28, conditional approval on 10/2. Got final approval on 10/30 at YYZ while waiting for the departure flight.
I applied on 9/27. Still waiting.
Seems like it takes either a few days or 5-6 months (but nothing between) right now based on the postings here.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:20 pm

Final Updates

Originally Posted by swarsgoh
Applied 26th May
Got Approval 24th Oct (151 Days)

Got Email with Subject: TTP Application Status Change. First Available date in boston is in March 2020.

Good luck everyone.

Quick Updates. Thanks to the suggestions on this forums. i was able to get a date of 1st nov in Boston Logan Office (I was checking daily in the morning for availability)

Interview was standard 10 mins.

Couple of Important Takeaways.
They no longer take walk-ins for interviews at least in Boston Branch. Multiple people were sent back coming/going from different international flights. Only one person was allowed walk-in for a case of name change.
The officer told me i will not get a card in the mail (Although i was approved instantly) as i am not a citizen (LPRs do not get the card) although benefits are same and i can use the number from the portal everywhere.
I am not sure if this is the case with everyone else. But i will post back if i do receive the card in next few weeks.
Thanks again. This forum was more than helpful throughout.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by swarsgoh
The officer told me i will not get a card in the mail (Although i was approved instantly) as i am not a citizen (LPRs do not get the card)...
That's incorrect.

From the US Customs and Border Protection website:
Global Entry Card

Global Entry cards are issued to Global entry members who are U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents and Mexican nationals.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:43 pm

Just finished the process.

I submitted my application on oct 21, got conditional approval 3 days after on oct 24. Booked the nearest available date to me (i live in irvine,CA) which was nov 12 at Long Beach. Found out last night that there was an openning today Nov 2. Went ahead and rescheduled. Officer and i took less than 10min.
checked my email after 3hrs and all good.
goodluck everyone. Just keep checking the sites people usually cancel the night before their interview so i would suggest if you have a free day. Check the night before.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: American
Originally Posted by BWebster
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Applied: 6/15
CA: Still waiting
Misc. potentially relevant data points: have traveled to 20+ countries (including Cuba), hold a 10-year Chinese business visa, and renewed my passport since applying. Anyone else have issues based on similar circumstances?

Like many others who applied at the end of May or beginning of June, I feel like I am always running into the shifting "standard application timeline." Couldn't escalate at 11 weeks, 100 days, and seemingly won't be able to escalate at 5 months based on the previous post reporting a 6 month waiting period. Slightly hopeful seeing numerous others receiving CA in the past few weeks after applying in late May. Fingers crossed. Originally applied for GE to use on three international trips this fall, but seeing as I'm departing on the third in 48 hours.....I digress. Safe travels, all!
Similar profile to yours.
Applied for renewal 7/26/2019
still Pending Review

Multi-year mainland China and Russian visas, 35 countries, 125 cities. I am going to guess 6+ months before CA.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by LisaB1990
Both my husband and I applied June 11, 2019.

My husband received conditional approval on June 19. Barely a week later. He did the interview on arrival in Charlotte early October on our way back from Italy. He received his card in the mail 1 week after interview.

During the interview, my husband asked CBP if he could look into my application. He brought up my application and gave me a number to call to escalate it but said not to call until it hits 8 months!!

I received conditional approval today, exactly 20 weeks (140 days later!!). Now I have to figure out when/where to get interview since Charlotte is no longer accepting appointments.

Side note: I carelessly clicked "Afganistan" as countries visited as its the first country listed. I have not visited Afganistan. I told that to CBP and he said that happens often and during the interview CBP can remove it. He laughed at me. He said it shouldn't cause a rejection though or be the reason for the delay. It's totally random on how/when they process applications and depends on whose desks it lands on.

Overall:
Husband: 8 days for conditional approval.
Me: 140 days for conditional approval.
Update: I kept looking at Charlotte for appointments despite the message "no longer accepting appointments". I got lucky because then a bunch of appointments opened up for today! I booked my appointment and had the interview. CBP said I should get the email of approval tonight. Easy interview.. just picture, finger prints, and a few simple questions. I also had Afganistan removed from the application.😏
Randyk47 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Applied for renewal 6/14, approved 10/30. Time in limbo: 138 days.
I also received my conditional approval today after 138 days.

First-time Application: June 18, 2019
Conditional Approval: November 3, 2019
Time pending: 138 days

Now I have the second stage of the ordeal to navigate.

Edited to add: I got lucky. After no appointments showing in Erlanger, KY (or Dayton, OH) all weekend, 2 appointments just opened up next week in Erlanger, and I snagged one.

Last edited by jhfenton; Nov 4, 2019 at 12:17 pm Reason: Updated information
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:28 pm

Applied 6/17/19, CA today 11/3/19.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 9:06 am

Applied June 6

Still no CA (151 days)

Does this warrant an escalation yet ?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by atluu
Applied June 6

Still no CA (151 days)

Does this warrant an escalation yet ?
In a word - no.

Take a breath, be patient, and next week you will probably get your update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.