Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 26, 20, 12:42 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 28, 19, 10:55 am

Applied 10/23
Spouse and kids approved 10/28
No luck for me...
Old Oct 28, 19, 1:33 pm

Applied May 21, 2019 San Francisco
Still Waiting CA, - October 28, 2019
Beyond Frustrated with Customs and Border Patrol
Old Oct 28, 19, 2:00 pm

Still waiting for CA

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Applied: 6/15
CA: Still waiting
Misc. potentially relevant data points: have traveled to 20+ countries (including Cuba), hold a 10-year Chinese business visa, and renewed my passport since applying. Anyone else have issues based on similar circumstances?

Like many others who applied at the end of May or beginning of June, I feel like I am always running into the shifting "standard application timeline." Couldn't escalate at 11 weeks, 100 days, and seemingly won't be able to escalate at 5 months based on the previous post reporting a 6 month waiting period. Slightly hopeful seeing numerous others receiving CA in the past few weeks after applying in late May. Fingers crossed. Originally applied for GE to use on three international trips this fall, but seeing as I'm departing on the third in 48 hours.....I digress. Safe travels, all!
Old Oct 28, 19, 6:10 pm

Programs: *G on UA, LuV
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
That is very good news.

The Los Angeles Global Entry Enrollment Center was "temporarily" closed on June 23 due to redeployment of CBP staff to the southern border. It must be reopening soon.
yes the Los Angeles office seems to be opening starting middle of November, with lots of availability..

Question: How long does one have to wait for the card after the interview?
Old Oct 28, 19, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by LAHIKER View Post
yes the Los Angeles office seems to be opening starting middle of November, with lots of availability..

I was approved on 10/21/2019 and received the card 10/28/2019.
Old Oct 28, 19, 6:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
A week to ten days. That being said, with some limited exceptions, the card is generally needed only when entering the US at land border crossings.

Please take a look at the following thread:
Old Oct 29, 19, 7:35 am

Both my husband and I applied June 11, 2019.

My husband received conditional approval on June 19. Barely a week later. He did the interview on arrival in Charlotte early October on our way back from Italy. He received his card in the mail 1 week after interview.

During the interview, my husband asked CBP if he could look into my application. He brought up my application and gave me a number to call to escalate it but said not to call until it hits 8 months!!

I received conditional approval today, exactly 20 weeks (140 days later!!). Now I have to figure out when/where to get interview since Charlotte is no longer accepting appointments.

Side note: I carelessly clicked "Afganistan" as countries visited as its the first country listed. I have not visited Afganistan. I told that to CBP and he said that happens often and during the interview CBP can remove it. He laughed at me. He said it shouldn't cause a rejection though or be the reason for the delay. It's totally random on how/when they process applications and depends on whose desks it lands on.

Overall:
Husband: 8 days for conditional approval.
Me: 140 days for conditional approval.
Old Oct 29, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM

Usually one week
Old Oct 29, 19, 10:13 am

The conditional approval will have a time.

Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
Welcome to FT. Perhaps there is a date on his/her conditional approval letter.
Old Oct 29, 19, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by waitingforapproval View Post
Good morning on Day 146! I did submit complaints on day 100, and then resubmitted after receiving a reply because the reply to my complaint on day 100 was a pro forma, cut and pasted bunch of words that said nothing at all of any substance. When I re-complained I received a reply with much less junk, that essentially said I should expect 5 months. So I suspect that some time in the next 10 days (10 days makes it 5 months) the U.S. Government employee in the processing center in Vermont, the productive one, not the one who has been assigned my application up until now, will open my application for the very first time, spend a few moments looking it over, and issue a conditional approval.

Oops, forgot that today is a holiday for the people who process applications...which means my minimum wait for someone to address my application is 147 days.
I live in NYC and submitted the paid application on October 2 and got conditional approval on October 6 according to the letter.

The letter has address of Williston VT.

I want to do interview at JFK since I live nearby. I have appointment for November 2 at 930AM.

I did the interview 11/2. Got there 9am for 930am appointment. Got in to interview at 9:10. Answered some questions. Took picture and got fingerprinted. Was done at 9:20. Go email saying status change at 9:25, Said approved.

Last edited by commserver; Nov 4, 19 at 8:55 am Reason: additional info
Old Oct 29, 19, 10:38 am

Hello

Originally Posted by Lyle Roe View Post
GE Application made 5/31
Today is 10/21
Waiting 143 days
Hi my name is cesar. Have e you received any news about your CA. I apply the same day as you did, and still waiting for their response
Old Oct 29, 19, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
Usually one week
Ten business days or less after final approval is the usual time to receive the card, for those eligible for GE cards.

There are categories of GE members resident abroad who donít get GE cards, in which case it could be never.
Old Oct 29, 19, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by puckhead39 View Post
Still no card in the mail. Today I called the Enrollment Center again and they told me it probably got lost in the mail, so I should apply for a replacement on the TTP website.
Paid $25 for the replacement, so the waiting begins, yet again. They said it would be 7-10 business days again so I'm hoping for the best.
Been a while since my last update. I did get the replacement card after exactly 1 week. So all is well with the world.
Old Oct 29, 19, 9:56 pm

Here is my timeline for approval:

Wed Oct 16 2019: Applied for GE.
Fri Oct 18 2019: Got conditional approval. Scheduled to first available appointment at MIA in Feb 2020
Wed Oct 23 2019: Performed a walk-in at the Washington DC service center at the Ronald Reagan building (1300 Pennsylvania Ave) at 11:30. Appointments came first, but I was called at 11:45 for interview. Was approved.
Mon Oct 28 2019: Got my GE card in the mail.

I suspect that a recently Public Trust investigation for a federal contracting position may have expedited my application quickly, as it involved an SF85-supplemental form.
Old Oct 30, 19, 7:29 am

Hi Guys, my spouse and I applied for global entry because of our credit card reimburse the fees. I, a green card holder applied on October 9, 2019, is still pending while my spouse, a US Citizen who applied on October 25, 2019, is conditionally approved today(Oct. 30). I guess I will be waiting for 3 months or more to get conditionally approved.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: