Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 2, 19, 10:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 15, 19, 1:39 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

It is time for this periodic reminder.

The Trusted Travelers forum is informational. Members come here in search of data points and practical advice about applying for and using the various Trusted Travelers programs.

This thread is for keeping track of processing timelines of first time Global Entry applicants.

Please limit your postings here to seeking and providing practical information, and sharing news, experiences and data points about Global Entry applications approval timelines.

While some limited natural deviation from the topic is obviously acceptable, please let's keep the focus of this thread on reporting approval times.

Rants, complaints and commentaries about processing times of Global Entry applications and enrollment interview appointment availability belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Future non-informational content will be summarily deleted.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 15, 19, 4:03 pm

If you read the recent postings with data points, the best strategy is to RELAX. If people are getting approved on day 147, what reason is there to expect that you will be approved sooner? There is no indication that complaining or escalating makes a bit of difference.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 19, 12:11 am

Programs: Global Entry
Still Waiting

Applied for GE June 14, 2019
Still waiting for CA

2 international tips for the year since completed.

No end in sight.

Sigh.
Old Oct 16, 19, 2:14 am

Yeah, I'm on day 132 with a status run due on day 155. Was hoping to do my interview on arrival into JFK T7.

Hopefully I'm CA'ed right before my trip.....
Old Oct 16, 19, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Take a breath, be patient. Late May applications are still being worked on, per many posts here on FT. Give it another week.
I think that I have been more than patient. Today is 148 days awaiting CA. CBP owes me a full refund of my $100 fee for failure to provide service in a reasonable time-frame. All that I see on the website are excuses for lack of performance.
Old Oct 16, 19, 10:36 am

Folks,

Let me quote what @chriskuo posted upthread:

Originally Posted by chriskuo View Post
If you read the recent postings with data points, the best strategy is to RELAX. If people are getting approved on day 147, what reason is there to expect that you will be approved sooner?
If your application was not approved within seven days or so, it is unrealistic to expect that you will receive conditional approval sooner than what has been reported here.

We fully understand your frustrations; however, this is an informational forum. It serves no purpose to post several updates a week about how long you have been waiting for the conditional approval of your application unless there has been a new development, such as having been conditionally approved, or your waiting time now exceeds 147 days.

You are welcome to vent your frustrations in the Policy Debate forum.

Thank you for understanding and your anticipated cooperation,

TWA884
Old Oct 16, 19, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc View Post
Yeah, I'm on day 132 with a status run due on day 155. Was hoping to do my interview on arrival into JFK T7.

Hopefully I'm CA'ed right before my trip.....
Applied on June 6th. Did you count weekends or just weekdays?
Old Oct 16, 19, 11:44 am

Applied May 21, 2019 in Bay Area.
Received approval today while traveling in Vegas.
My flight departs Vegas today and I dropped in By the CBP office in terminal 3 originally to inquire about what conditional approval means and the CBP officer asked if I wanted to just do the interview right there. I did the interview and was barely asked any questions and was told a card would be sent out to me within 24 hours.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Oct 16, 19, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by atluu View Post
Applied on June 6th. Did you count weekends or just weekdays?
Nope, I'm just doing now-date in Google sheets

BTW, I'm June 6th too.
Old Oct 17, 19, 9:11 am

Applied for CA on May 21, 2019 from San Francisco - Today is 149 Days and still waiting. Curious if anyone else is longer ?
Old Oct 17, 19, 9:58 am

Folks,

It serves no purpose to post several times a week about how long you have been waiting for the conditional approval of your Global Entry application unless has been a new development, such as having been approved, or your waiting time has exceeded what has previously been reported in this thread.

Repeatedly posting the same information is disruptive and a violation of FlyerTalk Rule 12.3.

In addition, please keep in mind that this is an informational forum. Members come to this thread for in data points and practical advice about the Global Entry application process.

We fully understand your discontent with the prolonged processing timelines, however, per the Travel Safety/Security forums descriptions, please reserve venting your frustrations and commentary for the Travel Safety/Security Policy Debate forum.

Thank you for understanding and your anticipated cooperation with this matter.

TWA884
Old Oct 17, 19, 3:06 pm

Applied for Global Entry 05/29/19
Waiting at 141 days

Wife got it in 5-6 days..
Old Oct 18, 19, 12:41 pm

Conditional Approval at 149 Days

Applied: May 22, 2019
CA: October 17, 2019 (149 days)

Interview: Nothing until July 2020 (DIA), hoping to grab a cancellation at some point or get it on the way back from an upcoming international trip.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Oct 18, 19, 8:14 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by lasoup View Post
Applied: May 22, 2019
CA: October 17, 2019 (149 days)

Interview: Nothing until July 2020 (DIA), hoping to grab a cancellation at some point or get it on the way back from an upcoming international trip.
Or you can try to do a walk in at Ronald Reagan Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
Old Oct 21, 19, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
So from the posts in here, it seems the general trend is that the conditional approval wait time is continuing to get longer.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: