Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:31 pm

Just to give a data point:

Applied: May 18
Conditional approval: Oct 8 (143 days from application)
Interview: Oct 10
Approval: Oct 10

As many people have mentioned, I saw lots of interview slots come and go very quicky. The interview process was overall a pleasant one.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 4:11 pm

I hope that you are right. I will be 143 days tomorrow. We have some heavy overseas travel planned in November and December.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:55 am

Applied June 11 2019, still waiting on conditional approval (pending review). Similar to other DP's, expect it in about a month or two based off that I think.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: american, delta, united
Just checked and got conditional approval today for my husband. Applied on May 19. Finally.
Now have to do the interview. What if we have to have 2 interview dates? We live over 150 miles from the nearest office
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:57 pm

Thanks for the update. It is encouraging to see that May Applications are being processed. I applied May 21, 2019 is San Fran, CA. Monday will be day 146 waiting for CA. With some luck, maybe someone at CBP will find and process my application next week.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:19 am

My global entry card came in the shortly after approval on Thursday, October 10. The white envelope that it arrives makes it obvious what is contained in it. It was must be registered online through their portal. I’ve had to update my airline profiles with middle name in order for the KTN to be recognized.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:16 am

One year in advance is good advise.Wife approved in 6 days , I'm at day 135.
Leaving for Europe in 5 days so there is no chance I"ll be approved in time. Going to the Philippines in late Feb 2020. Checked for available interviews in Seattle for my wife and there are in late Feb now. So it appears that even though I applied 5 & 9 months before my trips Im SOL
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:13 am

I booked a trip to SEA back in May for my vacation this month (starts 10/21). I applied for Global Entry on May 21st thinking I'd have plenty of time to be conditionally approved and have the interview completed. Boy was I way off. Today marks day (and counting). I leave for Singapore next week with no chance of being able to use Global Entry coming back. When I leave next week it will mark 5 <redacted> months without conditional approval; yet I read that some people were approved in only a matter of days. <redacted>

At least I wizened up and downloaded the Mobile Passport app. Also, I'm not out the Benjamin as my credit card covers a one time fee every 5 years. So at least I have that going for me.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 13, 2019 at 11:18 am Reason: FT Rule 16: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:03 pm

Waste of money

Applied 5/24
CA still pending (143 days)

<redacted>.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 13, 2019 at 11:04 pm Reason: Please save the political commentary for OMNI/PR
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:41 am

Good morning on Day 146! I did submit complaints on day 100, and then resubmitted after receiving a reply because the reply to my complaint on day 100 was a pro forma, cut and pasted bunch of words that said nothing at all of any substance. When I re-complained I received a reply with much less junk, that essentially said I should expect 5 months. So I suspect that some time in the next 10 days (10 days makes it 5 months) the U.S. Government employee in the processing center in Vermont, the productive one, not the one who has been assigned my application up until now, will open my application for the very first time, spend a few moments looking it over, and issue a conditional approval.

Oops, forgot that today is a holiday for the people who process applications...which means my minimum wait for someone to address my application is 147 days.
johnpvalentine likes this.

Last edited by waitingforapproval; Oct 14, 2019 at 9:05 am Reason: Today is a holiday, so no processing today.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:36 am

Conditional approval granted on day 147!
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:06 am

Applied 27th of May No approval Yet

It is frustrating and I honestly did contact them but all I got is if it crosses 5 months apparently it is to the T for 5 months
Old Oct 15, 2019, 8:18 am

If it is any comfort. I am at day 147 today with no CA. This is beyond ridiculous.

Why CBP offers a program that they are incapable of executing is beyond my understanding.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This program is a joke. Took my money, waited ~130days for conditional approval, and can't get an interview... BOS Logan returns 'no appointments available' whenever I try to book something regardless of selecting date ranges or next available... NOTHING
I went to try as a walk-in and was told to go away, they only take appointments. Seriously?!?

Is there some complaint email and phone number available to contact somebody who can actually do something?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by rylan
This program is a joke. Took my money, waited ~130days for conditional approval, and can't get an interview... BOS Logan returns 'no appointments available' whenever I try to book something regardless of selecting date ranges or next available... NOTHING
I went to try as a walk-in and was told to go away, they only take appointments. Seriously?!?

Is there some complaint email and phone number available to contact somebody who can actually do something?
Your best bet is doing a new search numerous times during their office hours for a cancellation. Very likely you will find something suitable in 72 hours.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.