Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 2, 19, 10:56 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 25, 19, 7:57 am

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones: applied Sept 20th, conditionally approved Sept 24th.

Unfortunately facing a 5-1/2 month delay for the appointment unless I can scrounge something else up sooner. I may end up close enough to a border station before then and they always seem to have openings.

Edit: By checking nearly continuously for an hour (to grab a cancellation right when it opened) I was able to get a spot so have interviewed and been approved, 6 business days from initial application to approval.

Last edited by tom_MN; Sep 30, 19 at 10:10 am
Old Sep 25, 19, 1:42 pm

Thought I would share

I applied May 14 and received CA at 05:10 on the morning of 25 September. My wife was lucky and received CA within 7 days!
I have just recently received my green card, I honestly believe it is a true lottery

It really is a lottery, wishing the luck to all who are waiting
Old Sep 25, 19, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by OCharColombia View Post
Applied: 5/9/2019
CA: 9/11/2019. email notification around 3:00 PM
Next available appt in Long Beach, CA 3/2/2020. No interviews available at LAX.
Planning on doing interview on arrival at LAX later this month.
I Did Interview on Arrival at LAX. There were only 2 people ahead of me and it took over an hour.
By the time I got to my car I had received an email saying that I was Approved.
Old Sep 26, 19, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by aUnQcRZsL View Post
First time applying for Global Entry. Just had my application conditionally approved (yay) but after waiting 107 days (boo).

I applied for myself on April 10, 2019 and received conditional approval July 26, 2019: 107 days.

My wife applied on May 4, 2019, and received conditional approval one week later on May 11, 2019: 7 days.

She's had more foreign travel, while I have had government background investigations with DoD and DHS.

Scheduled the next available appointment at an airport near me for the end of October. My closest airport (BWI) isn't taking any new appointments at the moment.
Kept checking the website and was able to snag an appointment at a closer airport this week. Office opened at 2:15 and I got there at 2:45 and it was completely empty. In and out within 5 minutes. Got notification two days later that my application was approved.

Time from initial application to final approval: 169 days.
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:08 am

Unhappy Still waiting on my CA before my trip... is it hopeless?

I'm a dual citizen, living outside the US at the moment, and have a trip there at the end of October (for a couple weeks). I heard from some friends that they got their approval within a week or so, so when I found that I had a way to get a fee credit, I went ahead and signed up (hoping/planning to do EoA). Got the application completed a week or two before, but ended up only managing to get the payment through on September 17. Seeing that it's still pending, I did some searching and found this thread... if I haven't gotten it so far, is there any hope of it going through within a month and a bit (and any way to get it sped up? Guessing not, considering this is a giant US-wide program)? Or am I doomed to get the approval some time in January, and hope that I find myself going back within the year?

And as a side note, what documents work to show residency outside the US? And what happens if the only such documents are in a foreign language?
Old Sep 27, 19, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by michab View Post
I'm a dual citizen, living outside the US at the moment, and have a trip there at the end of October (for a couple weeks). I heard from some friends that they got their approval within a week or so, so when I found that I had a way to get a fee credit, I went ahead and signed up. Got the application completed a week or two before, but ended up only managing to get the payment through on September 17. Seeing that it's still pending, I did some searching and found this thread... if I haven't gotten it so far, is there any hope of it going through within a month and a bit (and any way to get it sped up? Guessing not, considering this is a giant US-wide program)? Or am I doomed to get the approval some time in January, and hope that I find myself going back within the year?

And as a side note, what documents work to show residency outside the US? And what happens if the only such documents are in a foreign language?
I would say that it is hopeless, it seems that it is either receiving approval within a week or waiting over 120 days. I am not sure why, I have dual citizenship and long immigration history. I had a student visa, green card and later citizenship. It took over 120 days.
Old Sep 27, 19, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
It usually takes a week for your Global Entry card to arrive.
Still no card in the mail. Today I called the Enrollment Center again and they told me it probably got lost in the mail, so I should apply for a replacement on the TTP website.
Paid $25 for the replacement, so the waiting begins, yet again. They said it would be 7-10 business days again so I'm hoping for the best.
Old Sep 27, 19, 4:10 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by puckhead39 View Post
Still no card in the mail. Today I called the Enrollment Center again and they told me it probably got lost in the mail, so I should apply for a replacement on the TTP website.
Paid $25 for the replacement, so the waiting begins, yet again. They said it would be 7-10 business days again so I'm hoping for the best.
Both cards may arrive eventually.
Old Sep 28, 19, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by avk99 View Post
Applied -5/11/19
CA- 9/16, 9/17
Interview- 9/20
Approvals - 9/21
Cards Received - 9/28

All three got approvals on today morning (Saturday) after yesterdayís interview. Interview process was quick, hardly 5 min and no fingerprints taken for 1yr.
Good luck to all.
Cards Received for all - 9/28
Old Sep 28, 19, 2:56 pm

I would say that it is hopeless, it seems that it is either receiving approval within a week or waiting over 120 days. I am not sure why, I have dual citizenship and long immigration history. I had a student visa, green card and later citizenship. It took over 120 days.
Damn. I mean, thatís what I was assuming, but still, annoying to have ďconfirmationĒ that Iím in the position I thought I was. I guess Iíll just hope that I find myself traveling to the US some time in 2020Ö
Old Sep 28, 19, 6:16 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by harryca View Post
I got an appointment for October 3rd, but I saw they give out Sunday appointments and I kept on trying and trying and still could not get them so that's how I ended up spending 2-4 hours on their website and seeing the patterns of queues. Finally I switched to something on October 15 as that works better with my work schedule, but will keep on checking once/twice a day to see if I can get Sunday.
Just gave up my Oct 15 appointment in favor of something in November that was on a weekend. Within minutes, the bot published my surrendered appointment. Nice!
Old Sep 29, 19, 9:33 pm

Applied: 9/25
CA: 9/29
(Iím a naturalized citizen for the past 7-8 years)

now to find an appointment. I am in Los Angeles. Long Beach doesnít have anything thus far til 4/21/20. San Diego 12/23 and San Francisco in February ...

I know that lax is closed but is it still available for interviews on arrival? I feel like I saw something about it but I canít find the comment.
Old Sep 30, 19, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by pinkibone View Post
Applied: 9/25
CA: 9/29
(Iím a naturalized citizen for the past 7-8 years)

now to find an appointment. I am in Los Angeles. Long Beach doesnít have anything thus far til 4/21/20. San Diego 12/23 and San Francisco in February ...

I know that lax is closed but is it still available for interviews on arrival? I feel like I saw something about it but I canít find the comment.
UPDATE: Kept looking and it seems someone canceled their appt for tomorrow in Long Beach so I scooped it up. April was just too much to wait for!
Old Sep 30, 19, 8:36 am

Yes, it is open for Interview on arrival from 9AM to 9PM. IT takes a super long time. I only had to people ahead of me and took me over 1.5 hours.
Old Sep 30, 19, 7:11 pm

Yes, it is open for Interview on arrival from 9AM to 9PM. IT takes a super long time. I only had to people ahead of me and took me over 1.5 hours.
Good to know. The last thing I want to do after traveling is stand/wait in another line for anything. Fortunately, i was able to pick up what Iím assuming is a canceled appt for today at Long Beach (it was telling me next appointment was 4/22) Was super quick! Still had to suffer through Los Angeles traffic but itís done. Now I am just waiting for the status to change.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: