Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Global Entry - processing timelines of first time applicants [US citizens & LPR's]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 16, 22, 11:14 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 20, 19, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
1. Check if your status has changed to approved
2. If not approved, most likely someone forgot to click approve
3. If approved, you should have received your Global Entry card by now

In either case, call enrollment center where you were interviewed now.
Thanks for the tip. I was approved the same day (status changed to approved).

Anyways, I just called the enrollment center and they said it was mailed the next day 9/4.
Theoretically the guy says it can take up to 30 days but he told me to call back next Friday 9/27 if I don't receive it until then.
Crossing my fingers that the post office didn't lose my mail again.
Old Sep 20, 19, 2:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by puckhead39 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I was approved the same day (status changed to approved).

Anyways, I just called the enrollment center and they said it was mailed the next day 9/4.
Theoretically the guy says it can take up to 30 days but he told me to call back next Friday 9/27 if I don't receive it until then.
Crossing my fingers that the post office didn't lose my mail again.
It usually takes a week for your Global Entry card to arrive.
Old Sep 20, 19, 4:31 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by puckhead39 View Post
I had the interview on 9/3 and approved that evening. I was told by the officer I would receive the Global Entry Card in the next 5~10 days, but still haven't received it yet.
Is there anything I can do to make an inquiry or to request to send another card?
Have you checked the status of your application online? Does it show that it has been approve or is it still showing as conditionally approved? If the latter, you may want to take a look at the following thread:
Old Sep 21, 19, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by henrytx2002 View Post
Here's another data point. I am a US citizen. I flew out of the country about 15 years ago. I plan on flying more for work and leisure. I flew twice domestically in the last 6 months.
Received new passport 09/03/19
Applied for Global Entry 09/03/19
Received Conditional Approval email on 09/08/19
Earliest interviews available in DFW is in November.

It was quite unexpected to have a 5 day turnaround.
Update:
I checked website 2-3 times a day for earlier interviews. After 2 weeks of searching, I found a time slot for October 4th.

Keep checking daily for earlier appointments.

Originally Posted by rbhdal View Post
Has anyone set their interview appointment and then just showed up days/weeks before the appointment and been able to get their interview there on the spot? I'm currently at day 123 waiting for CA. I have a feeling I may be approved soon, but I bet the available appointment slots are months ahead for DFW. I'll post my final CA date once received. Thanks!
I was looking for DFW appointments before Thanksgiving. For 2 weeks, I checked twice a day and found a slot for October 4th.

Just keep checking back often.
rbhdal likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Sep 21, 19 at 3:56 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Sep 21, 19, 1:47 pm

Updated timeline

Originally Posted by avk99 View Post
Got my CA today after 126 days. Status change emails received during the day time.
Scheduled interview at Charlotte.

Thanks to the forum and the contributors.
Applied -5/11/19
CA- 9/16, 9/17
Interview- 9/20
Approvals - 9/21
Cards Received - 9/28

All three got approvals on today morning (Saturday) after yesterdayís interview. Interview process was quick, hardly 5 min and no fingerprints taken for 1yr.
Good luck to all.

Last edited by avk99; Sep 28, 19 at 1:06 pm Reason: Updated timeline
Old Sep 22, 19, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by harryca View Post
So finally !!
Applied: May 11, 2019
Conditionally Approved: September 20, 2019
Email notification from TTP: was received (see attachment)
So 132 days as per my calculations, but I applied on a Saturday, and we should not count the weekend against them, so basically 130 days.
Now on to getting the appointment, which shows open for February 11, 2020. Will keep watching and hopefully get it sooner rather than later.
Thanks for everyone's responses. I did not go the escalation phase because a) I had no urgency, and b) based on all your responses, I kinda sorta knew expected this timeline except maybe for the past week ... when I felt this is going far too long. Looks like all exceptions are moving to 125+ days and it may get worse every week. Good luck everyone. Will come back and update when I get an appointment and also after the full approval. And thanks again !
PS: Mods please feel free to delete image. It looks pretty big on my browser although when I made it, it was pretty small.
I am assuming the CA in your username is for California.

If you are near SFO airport, you can follow the SFO Global Entry Bot on twitter @GOESbot to receive alerts on openings. Once you get the alert, be ready to jump online and schedule.
1KChinito and pinkibone like this.
Old Sep 23, 19, 7:49 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by henrytx2002 View Post
I am assuming the CA in your username is for California.

If you are near SFO airport, you can follow the SFO Global Entry Bot on twitter @GOESbot to receive alerts on openings. Once you get the alert, be ready to jump online and schedule.
Ha ha I have been tracking the GOESBOT and here are my findings.

GoesBOT is good, but not good enough. There are people like you and me who are hungry for better appointments and they do not waste a minute leaving those open. Ok, maybe 10 minutes tops.

So what usually happens is that someone cancels for next day since they can not make it. Today is September 23, so let us say someone cancels September 24. This results in 1-10 new appointments available. For example, this appointment may be taken up by a person who just got conditionally approved. But it is also possible this gets taken up by someone who was already scheduled for September 30. So that person gives up September 30 and picks up September 24. Then the September 30 gets freed and gets picked up by another person. And so on and so on.

The bot only looks at 30-45 days and it runs only every 5 minutes, but based on my experience this week tracking it, I was always too late, but then there were always some other appointments available. Well, half the time it was Feb 13, 2020 (which is presumably when the queue is open) but the other half there were other appointments.

I got an appointment for October 3rd, but I saw they give out Sunday appointments and I kept on trying and trying and still could not get them so that's how I ended up spending 2-4 hours on their website and seeing the patterns of queues. Finally I switched to something on October 15 as that works better with my work schedule, but will keep on checking once/twice a day to see if I can get Sunday.

Learning from BOT: there are always cancelations going on. Ignore the bot, log in, and check every 3-5 minutes.
henrytx2002 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 19, 7:51 am

I applied for GE for myself and 2 minors on 9/13/2019. The minors were conditionally approved 9/18, I am still waiting. I am a US citizen and my record is squeaky clean with only one international trip in the last 7 years so I was really hoping I would be one of the lucky ones that was approved quickly We have a trip to Ireland in 8 weeks so Iím hoping I will be conditionally approved before then! My husband has not applied yet and we are unsure of what to do for him as far as global entry or TSA pre-check goes. When I was trying to figure out which one to do for the family it seemed like a no brainer, $15 more for global entry, of course thatís what you would pick! However, after I signed the kids and myself up for global entry I found this forum about the wait times and started stressing!! I figured if I was ca quickly I would tell my husband he needs to hurry up and sign up but since that has not happened Iím on the fence of what to do especially since he flies domestically a lot more and the rest of us. Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Sep 23, 19, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
@Ejones Some info that may help in setting expectations: If you do not receive CA quickly, like the minors you mention, it is typically taking between 124 to 132 days just for the CA. After that, it can take three months or so to land an interview appointment. Once you have CA you can always opt for interview on arrival too.

Good luck.

Last edited by SAEMom25; Sep 23, 19 at 8:49 am Reason: missing info
Old Sep 23, 19, 11:35 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by harryca View Post
Learning from BOT: there are always cancelations going on. Ignore the bot, log in, and check every 3-5 minutes.
That was what I did. In less than 72 hours, I was able to find something suitable.
henrytx2002 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 19, 8:14 pm

Applied: May 15
Conditional approval: Sep 23 (131 days) - email received
Interview scheduled: Nov 20
No local (Chicago) availability until Nov 18, but I'm going to keep checking.
I didn't try to escalate. My international travel was back in July.
Old Sep 24, 19, 6:33 am

Applied: May 14
CA: pending
134 days and frustrated
Old Sep 24, 19, 9:37 am

Programs: american, delta, united
This is good news that May applications are finally getting CA.. My husband applied on May 19 which was a Sunday so maybe we will hear soon.
Old Sep 24, 19, 10:38 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by willi067 View Post
134 days and frustrated
The way it is going ...
1. Eventually they will give in and fix it. Maybe a budget deal, maybe a wall, maybe something else (number of complaints) and they will add more people to cut down the backlog
2. Until that happens, this number will keep going higher and higher. Unless #1 above happens, I would not be surprised to see this number around 175 by Christmas.
When I applied in May, they said 11 weeks, by now it is 18 weeks. They are losing 1 week every 2-2.5 weeks (let us say 2-3 days every week).
Old Sep 24, 19, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by willi067 View Post
Applied: May 14
CA: pending
134 days and frustrated
And 3 hours later I have CA. So 134 days. Now on to the next hurdle of getting an appointment

Search this Thread