Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by tmclemore67

i had the exact experience, when entering the same
numbers. This is beyond maddening.......it’s been 100 days today, and I can’t even use their given number to escalate my case!
Escalated over a week and still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:50 pm

I completely understand your frustration. I applied on May 4, 2019, and have yet to receive conditional approval.I have emailed twice now, inquiring about my application; both times I received a canned response, except for the most recent one, which said they have updated the wait times. The revised wait time for GE conditional approval is now "up to 100 days"; today is EXACTLY 100 days, and STILL nothing. It's absolutely ridiculous, as I started the process months ago to not have to take the chance I didn't get the process completed in time. I have now resigned myself to the fact that I will just have to stand in the customs line at JFK in October, when I return from an overseas trip.

This wait time is a <redacted by moderator> joke and nothing short of maddening!
Try the "Mobile Passport" I may be forced to also. Leaving in 15 days and nothing after escalation. Applied April 22.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:10 pm

i had the exact experience, when entering the same
numbers. This is beyond maddening.......it’s been 100 days today, and I can’t even use their given number to escalate my case!
Me too. I couldn’t get to a customer service and was disconnected. My application is now at 105 days
Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:33 pm

113 days later and I got conditional approval (applied April 21, 2019).

Managed to get an interview tomorrow morning in Long Beach, most likely because someone canceled. LAX and SAN both have no available slots and I could only get one for my son in San Ysidro on Aug 19 (we will be in San Diego the weekend of 17 Aug that so it works out).

I did try the phone trick (0,1,6,4 or whatever) about 4 weeks back I think and couldn't get through to a person. Did an electronic complaint but never got any feedback.

Hope I get through the interview because my green card expires in 6 months and it takes over 18 months to process the application to get a renewal. Sigh.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:44 pm
Mul

My wife applied on Aprll 21st 2019 and today she get conditionally approved! We tried to inquiry by email a month+ ago, and did not do any calling. Now need to check when interview schedule.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:57 am

Semi-Success

My wife just received conditional approval today. Applied April 22 CA August 13. No available apts at Bowling Green, JFK or Hartford until October. Going to do it upon return. Mine nothing yet but I suppose it will be in a day or two. I did apply with the auto option to enter into Canada so it might be a little longer. Sign me "inching my way along". When I escalated I told the woman that it is easier to apply to be Jesus' assistant than get CA!!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Power Peter
I did apply with the auto option to enter into Canada so it might be a little longer.
Are you referring to NEXUS?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
No there was add a vehicle option on the application
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Originally Posted by Power Peter
My wife just received conditional approval today. Applied April 22 CA August 13. No available apts at Bowling Green, JFK or Hartford until October. Going to do it upon return. Mine nothing yet but I suppose it will be in a day or two. I did apply with the auto option to enter into Canada so it might be a little longer. Sign me "inching my way along". When I escalated I told the woman that it is easier to apply to be Jesus' assistant than get CA!!
SUCCESS!!! 15 minutes after my wife was approved, I received my CA. Not bothering trying to schedule an interview will do it at the airport. I have had it with this process so just going to do it upon return which apparently takes no time. Without this thread I think I would have gone crazy trying to figure out and see other people's progress.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:50 pm

Update - 103 Days - still waiting. For a 9 year old's GE app - without any foreign travel. They should really examine how they are distributing these applications. Ridiculous that some get approved in under a week, and others wait several months. He has zero background to check. This is absurd.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:04 am

My girlfriend is currently at 111 days today. Applied April 25th Still pending review. Tried to escalate last week and still nothing. She is currently in Mexico as her mom passed away last week. I am hoping she gets her approval so she can do the interview at arrival. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: AA, Amex
Applied Saturday August 10th, conditional approval the evening of Wednesday August 14th.

Scheduling an interview is another story. CLT shows no appointments available, at any point in time in the future. So that's nice.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:13 am

Update -
Myself:
July 13 - Applied
July 18 - Conditional Approval
August 14 - Interview (I live in the boonies, so scheduling one with a reasonable drive was a challenge)
Longest 18 hours of my life
August 15 - Approved

Husband:
July 13 - Applied
August 15 - still waiting.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Just received an email cancelling my husband's interview tomorrow. Next interview date available locally - 13 March 2020. He received his conditional approval on 29 March 2019. What a joke. Yes, we'll look at travel to other centers with better availability, but it's getting to be farcical - one year between conditional approval and interview!

"Global Entry Applicant,
You are receiving this e-mail because your scheduled Global Entry Enrollment Center appointment has been cancelled.
The ongoing humanitarian and security crisis on our southern border has required extraordinary action by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), including the deployment of additional U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) personnel to the southern border.
In response to this effort, CBP is temporarily reducing staff at Global Entry Enrollment Centers and reassigning them to support frontline traveler processing during the summer months. Regrettably, this situation has forced the cancellation of your scheduled appointment."
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:29 pm

Updated: Finally I was connected to a customer service after 30 min waiting. He created a ticket to escalate my application but the current wait times for resolution range from 3-8weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.