Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:16 pm

Do you login every day to check the status?

Their email notification system seems to be broken. No status updates through email
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by wanderer2017
Do you login every day to check the status?

Their email notification system seems to be broken. No status updates through email

i did once i hit 80 days. Looks to be around 84-87 days now!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez
I wonder if anyone is still receiving approval in the 70-77 day timeframe or if that’s a thing of the past?
Originally Posted by blkhawk456
It appears to have slowed down even more, based on other people's time frames and mine it appears to be more like 80-85 days now (I was 85)

Maybe Memorial Day slowed it down?
The shortest time for the 'longer' conditional approvals (ie more than a couple of weeks) in 2019 seemed to be around 69-71 days in the second half of April. I'm not sure that it's holidays that have caused the longer times - probably it's due to more applications from people travelling this summer. However, like everything about the process, it's mere speculation...

I did record info from here (and other threads) while I was waiting and posted some graphical info, but I'm afraid I stopped after my approval over the Easter weekend!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent question whether the TTP website is down was moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:04 pm

20yo son with first passport, conditional approval in less than a week in late April

19yo daughter with 1 int'l trip last year, conditional approval in less than a week in mid-May

I am personally on day 78 for waiting for my conditional approval. From everything I've read, I'm convinced that admitting to a past "crime" on your application, automatically sends you to Application Purgatory. I have an 11 year old misdemeanor from a driving incident. I included it on my application.

And we have an international trip 1 month from now.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by mrscaptain
20yo son with first passport, conditional approval in less than a week in late April

19yo daughter with 1 int'l trip last year, conditional approval in less than a week in mid-May

I am personally on day 78 for waiting for my conditional approval. From everything I've read, I'm convinced that admitting to a past "crime" on your application, automatically sends you to Application Purgatory. I have an 11 year old misdemeanor from a driving incident. I included it on my application.

And we have an international trip 1 month from now.
Nobody knows what triggers a delay. There are a lot of people who have clear records and ended up waiting for months.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:06 pm

Nobody knows what triggers a delay. There are a lot of people who have clear records and ended up waiting for months.
Oh of course there are random delays. I was speaking more to I've yet to see a post from someone who checked the "conviction/arrest/etc" box AND received a quick conditional approval. That is what I meant by I'm convinced checking that box sends it to a separate processing purgatory.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Oh of course there are random delays. I was speaking more to I've yet to see a post from someone who checked the "conviction/arrest/etc" box AND received a quick conditional approval. That is what I meant by I'm convinced checking that box sends it to a separate processing purgatory.
You may want to take a look at the following threads:
And, if applicable, this one:
mrscaptain likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:15 pm

I wonder why some people get CA within 2 weeks while others have to wait for months.

I am guessing that those who have to wait for more than 2 weeks go through a manual process because the software triggered a manual review for some reasons. I am just guessing.

I am assuming GE does a name check with the FBI. If this is true, then this name check process takes so long for some people who have very common name.
Well ... guess who is still waiting for his CA - this Sunday will be 18 weeks

His name is not common at all, only that he is a 'IV' - his son is the 'V', dad is the 'III', etc ...

ANDDDDDD ... we both have a security clearance (low level, but still - it's with the DOD), so we 'thought' it wouldn't take this long. After my interview is concluded tomorrow, I'm going to ask about his (I'll bring a print out with his member ID & PASSID) - doubtful they will do or say anything to me, but maybe they can check and inquire of their end.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:34 pm

Quick Approval

After reading about all the really long approval times, I was concerned, but either things have improved a lot or these long times don't apply to everyone. My wife and I applied on June 9th 2019 and were both approved on June 13th.
TWA884 and jp-mco like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by biertrinker
After reading about all the really long approval times, I was concerned, but either things have improved a lot or these long times don't apply to everyone. My wife and I applied on June 9th 2019 and were both approved on June 13th.
Congratulations! That was very fast.

I guess your application for some reason did not get triggered by the automated process for a manual review.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: *G on UA, LuV
Submitted Application for GE on June 4th, 2019, Los Angeles area
Pending review currently.

I did also apply for the driving to Mexico as it was free. It may add to the wait time, if they are waiting on the DMV for vehicle information.
No tickets, Misdemeanors, Felonies, arrests, DUIs etc. Same address since 2014. Same Job status.

Last edited by LAHIKER; Jun 17, 2019 at 12:52 am Reason: adding info
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:52 am

I’m so disappointed in the way the approval process is handled for Global Entry. My husband and I are at day 82 and our daughters are at day 63. I have waited patiently and was understanding of the 11 week “possible” turnaround. But now my husband and I have gone beyond that wait and nothing! I know we can open a dispute, but from what I have read it really hasn’t helped much to do that.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by TexasAussie
Not to rub it in, but
Applied: 6/4/19
Conditionally Approved: 6/10/19
Will do Enrollment on Arrival in Early July.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but US citizen, and have had multiple entries into the US this year, and multiple international trips with my passport number entered remaining in the year.
We have the same history, multiple entries to US, own a precheck etc, only my husband got lucky like you. My kids and I just got approved 2 weeks ago after waiting 82 days.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez
I’m so disappointed in the way the approval process is handled for Global Entry. My husband and I are at day 82 and our daughters are at day 63. I have waited patiently and was understanding of the 11 week “possible” turnaround. But now my husband and I have gone beyond that wait and nothing! I know we can open a dispute, but from what I have read it really hasn’t helped much to do that.
I hear you … checked this morning and my boyfriend is now at 18 weeks & 1 day (127 days) … has to wait another week before he is permitted to call for a status on his escalation …

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.