Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:00 am

I'm calling this number right now, currently on hold
Day 80 for the kids and I.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:14 am

Boyfriend called and finally got through (113 days for him) - they have 'escalated' or whatever they call it … said to allow up to 4 weeks - jeez … hopefully that is just a canned response and he gets his conditional this week. I'll update when there's a change.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:15 am

They hang up on me after saying that I need to wait 120 days because that is now the current timeline and I tried to tell her that I wasn't aware that the process changed from 11 weeks to now 120 days and she said that's what government does. Oh well...this is the type of people that taking care of my global entry. What a waste of time. I will try to call again to see if I can speak with someone else. How rude.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by NSBTX
They hang up on me after saying that I need to wait 120 days because that is now the current timeline and I tried to tell her that I wasn't aware that the process changed from 11 weeks to now 120 days and she said that's what government does. Oh well...this is the type of people that taking care of my global entry. What a waste of time. I will try to call again to see if I can speak with someone else. How rude.
Oh wow … yes, definitely call back
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by mcarney64
Oh wow … yes, definitely call back
I'm calling again right now before I get busy later this morning
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:09 am

Ok, so the 120 days talk is definitely not true.
I have just spoken to a very nice lady and she opened a ticket for the kids and I. She said, once you pass 77 days mark (11 weeks) you are qualify to ask for escalation. However she said, there is no way we are getting an update within a week.
For each tickets that were created there is this statement on the email copy:
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

We have escalated your ticket for resolution. Please do not create any new incident numbers for this issue as that might delay your request. If you contact us for a status check, please reference the incident number attached to this ticket.

Current wait times for resolution ranges from 3-8 weeks. If it is not corrected within that timeframe, please reply directly to this email. For faster assistance, we recommend that you visit an enrollment center located at an airport or public building on a walk-in basis to correct the issue.

We are traveling in 2 weeks and I'm not worry about not having my GE. I'm just glad that I was able to escalate the issue. Hopefully like someone said, 3-8 weeks just a standard canned response. Will update once I hear anything,
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Ok, so the 120 days talk is definitely not true.
I have just spoken to a very nice lady and she opened a ticket for the kids and I. She said, once you pass 77 days mark (11 weeks) you are qualify to ask for escalation. However she said, there is no way we are getting an update within a week.
For each tickets that were created there is this statement on the email copy:
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

We have escalated your ticket for resolution. Please do not create any new incident numbers for this issue as that might delay your request. If you contact us for a status check, please reference the incident number attached to this ticket.

Current wait times for resolution ranges from 3-8 weeks. If it is not corrected within that timeframe, please reply directly to this email. For faster assistance, we recommend that you visit an enrollment center located at an airport or public building on a walk-in basis to correct the issue.

We are traveling in 2 weeks and I'm not worry about not having my GE. I'm just glad that I was able to escalate the issue. Hopefully like someone said, 3-8 weeks just a standard canned response. Will update once I hear anything,
I would use the Mobile Passport Control app for your phone if possible. It is often as fast as GE at many airports (and in some cases faster).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prac...ntrol-app.html
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I would use the Mobile Passport Control app for your phone if possible. It is often as fast as GE at many airports (and in some cases faster).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prac...ntrol-app.html
Ok, let me read that. I just want to make sure that my kids can be in it too. Thank you!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:29 am

Weird delay....

Originally Posted by larrydata
Update: I had my interview on 5/16/2019 which seemed to go very well. Very nice TSA person. No change since then in my status however, good or bad. I'll keep refreshing each morning to see when I move on to the next step.
It's been 2.5 weeks since my in-person interview with no change in my status. The TSA person said it would take a couple of days, but I'm starting to get nervous.

I wasn't rejected, so it could be worse, but was hoping to see this process finally be completed.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Ok, let me read that. I just want to make sure that my kids can be in it too. Thank you!
You can also look at this option as well.

US CBP Automated Passport Control
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:24 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by larrydata
It's been 2.5 weeks since my in-person interview with no change in my status. The TSA person said it would take a couple of days, but I'm starting to get nervous.

I wasn't rejected, so it could be worse, but was hoping to see this process finally be completed.
Members here have reported anywhere from minutes to weeks for final approval following the enrollment interview. On rare occasions, it has been reported that the interviewing CBP officer neglected to click on the approve button at the end of the interview. If that is the cause of your delay, a call to the enrollment center where you were interviewed should resolve that problem.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:47 pm

Update on my escalated application. I got an email from CBP stating that for global entry and nexus. it can take up to 16 weeks for approval. and this is an average wait time. so it can be shorter or longer. now this is really frustrating.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:57 pm

Applied 11 MAR 19 Conditional Approval - 03 JUN 19 - Interview time ..... Good luck Everyone ....
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:58 pm

Sorry - 84 Days -
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:24 am

Conditionally approved

Applied 3/13, approved today—6/4. 82 days. No interview slots available until 9/23. Scheduled, but hoping to reschedule in a cancellation slot sooner.

Last edited by Sandra Akers; Jun 4, 2019 at 1:15 pm Reason: Incorrect date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.