Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 6:14 am

My boyfriend tried two (2) of the posted 'customer service' phone numbers to ask about his application and they are no longer valid for Global Entry inquiries (submitted February 10, 2019 and still no conditional approval) - does anyone have a phone number that they were able to get in touch to ask about the status? He will do the 'complaint' email, but was hoping to actually talk to someone instead of having an email just sitting at the bottom of someone's inbox.

This is soooo frustrating! My conditional approval came in on April 19, 2019 --- we have to travel 2 hours to the closest interview site and would like to do both of ours at the same time … we are flying in/out of NYC the beginning of October and would like to take advantage of TSA-PreCheck at least.

TIA
Old May 30, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by mcarney64
My boyfriend tried two (2) of the posted 'customer service' phone numbers to ask about his application and they are no longer valid for Global Entry inquiries (submitted February 10, 2019 and still no conditional approval) - does anyone have a phone number that they were able to get in touch to ask about the status? He will do the 'complaint' email, but was hoping to actually talk to someone instead of having an email just sitting at the bottom of someone's inbox.

This is soooo frustrating! My conditional approval came in on April 19, 2019 --- we have to travel 2 hours to the closest interview site and would like to do both of ours at the same time … we are flying in/out of NYC the beginning of October and would like to take advantage of TSA-PreCheck at least.

TIA
Also interested to see if there are any people who can be reached out to in regards to this. I applied back on February 15th, so I'm at 104 days now with no conditional approval. I've had precheck for about a year.

Originally Posted by junaid0110
damn 80 days that's crazy
When I first applied I was reading stories of 60-70 days and thought that would be fine, but I'm already over another month from that.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:03 pm

I am at 90 days too. I applied Mar 1, 2019.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:28 pm

Have either of you filed a complaint on the CBP website?
Old May 31, 2019, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by jp-mco
Have either of you filed a complaint on the CBP website?
Yes, after trying to call many numbers, he finally sent/filed a complaint yesterday.... the auto reply states to allow 10-15 business days for the average response time ... we'll see

Last edited by mcarney64; May 31, 2019 at 3:45 am
Old May 31, 2019, 4:23 am

Yes, after trying to call many numbers, he finally sent/filed a complaint yesterday.... the auto reply states to allow 10-15 business days for the average response time ... we'll see
Did he try calling your nearest GE Enrollment Center?
Old May 31, 2019, 4:45 am

Did he try calling your nearest GE Enrollment Center?
No, is that where you do the interview?
Old May 31, 2019, 4:57 am

No, is that where you do the interview?
Yes it is. I would call and request an update. Explain that his application is beyond stated timescales (both from when you applied and the revised April ones). If they are unable to assist then they should be able to give you a phone number for the correct person who can assist you.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:02 am

Yes it is. I would call and request an update. Explain that his application is beyond stated timescales (both from when you applied and the revised April ones). If they are unable to assist then they should be able to give you a phone number for the correct person who can assist you.
Ok ... I'll have him call today - this is ridiculous... Thank you
Old May 31, 2019, 11:10 pm

Ok ... I'll have him call today - this is ridiculous... Thank you
I called them today and officer looked at my application and escalated it. best time to call them is right when they open which is at 8:30am EST. the number I called was 1-877-227-5511 and follow the prompts. I believe I press 6 on first prompt and then 1 on the second and 4 on the last one and then 0.

hope this helps. and I hope since they escalated mine I hope something happens.
jp-mco likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:25 pm

I called them today and officer looked at my application and escalated it. best time to call them is right when they open which is at 8:30am EST. the number I called was 1-877-227-5511 and follow the prompts. I believe I press 6 on first prompt and then 1 on the second and 4 on the last one and then 0.

Just to say that I also did this with my wife's application yesterday and that's exactly the same number and sequence 6 / 1 / 4 / 0 that I used. The long, repetitive recorded messages make it sound like you won't actually get to speak with someone but eventually you do. It took about 10 minutes in total including a brief wait to get through. The gentleman my wife spoke to was very helpful and took the Application and PASS ID. He then created a case, my wife said he used the work "expedite" (they wouldn't speak to me) and a few minutes later it appeared in the account we originally created to file a complaint. So there's the complaint we submitted and the 'expedite request' on there now. Hopefully this will get it moving. I originally spoke to a CBP Officer in Tampa who took the PASS ID and upon finding it was "Pending Review" said there was nothing that could be done and that he couldn't call the office in Vermont and neither could I. I realised at this point I wasn't speaking to the right person. Eventually I found the CBP number and called it.

I will keep an eye on the application over the weekend (they do conditionally approve on both Saturday and Sunday) and update this thread if anything happens.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:13 am

Just to say that I also did this with my wife's application yesterday and that's exactly the same number and sequence 6 / 1 / 4 / 0 that I used. The long, repetitive recorded messages make it sound like you won't actually get to speak with someone but eventually you do. It took about 10 minutes in total including a brief wait to get through. The gentleman my wife spoke to was very helpful and took the Application and PASS ID. He then created a case, my wife said he used the work "expedite" (they wouldn't speak to me) and a few minutes later it appeared in the account we originally created to file a complaint. So there's the complaint we submitted and the 'expedite request' on there now. Hopefully this will get it moving. I originally spoke to a CBP Officer in Tampa who took the PASS ID and upon finding it was "Pending Review" said there was nothing that could be done and that he couldn't call the office in Vermont and neither could I. I realised at this point I wasn't speaking to the right person. Eventually I found the CBP number and called it.

I will keep an eye on the application over the weekend (they do conditionally approve on both Saturday and Sunday) and update this thread if anything happens.
Thank you for posting ... my boyfriend called the Charlotte office and they said the exact same thing ... I will have him call the other number Monday morning - we'll also keep checking his dashboard over the weekend and will update when we know anything.

Thank you so much - I'll have my boyfriend call 1st thing Monday morning

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 1, 2019 at 7:55 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 10:39 am

Thank you for posting ... my boyfriend called the Charlotte office and they said the exact same thing ... I will have him call the other number Monday morning - we'll also keep checking his dashboard over the weekend and will update when we know anything.
I'm from Charlotte too. Seems like I need to track your application

Just to summarize,
I applied for me and my family on Mar 01, 2019.
  • Mine - Pending Review as of Jun 01, 2019 (92 days and Pending)
  • Wife's Conditional Approval - May 13, 2019 (73 days)
  • Child 1 Conditional Approval - May 13, 2019 (73 days)
  • Child 2 Conditional Approval - May 15, 2019 (75 days)
Old Jun 1, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by mshasib
I'm from Charlotte too. Seems like I need to track your application

Just to summarize,
I applied for me and my family on Mar 01, 2019.
  • Mine - Pending Review as of Jun 01, 2019 (92 days and Pending)
  • Wife's Conditional Approval - May 13, 2019 (73 days)
  • Child 1 Conditional Approval - May 13, 2019 (73 days)
  • Child 2 Conditional Approval - May 15, 2019 (75 days)
He’s definitely calling the 1-877-227-5511 number Monday morning and will post updates.

I applied 02.07.19 - conditional approval received 04.19.19
Boyfriend applied 02.10.19 - Pending Review as of today (06.01.19) 111 days and waiting
jp-mco likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:42 am

He’s definitely calling the 1-877-227-5511 number Monday morning and will post updates.

I applied 02.07.19 - conditional approval received 04.19.19
Boyfriend applied 02.10.19 - Pending Review as of today (06.01.19) 111 days and waiting
I called today morning and the customer representative created a ticket for me. The rep informed me that I should be able to get an update in a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.