Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
At 17 days and still counting. Meanwhile, DW, who also applied on March 22, got conditional approval April 2 and passed her interview today April 8 at SFO with flying colors. While she was in the hot seat, I spent the five minutes outside the office with a young woman from Alaska, whose timeline was nearly identical, so she was pretty happy too.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:35 pm

I am new here and reading...…

I have been waiting for 60 days. I applied for Global Entry and still showing "Pending Review". Maybe they discovered I skipped school when I was a kid. Is this normal? I have two out of the country trips this summer. I was hoping to use this service. Maybe not now.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
... Meanwhile, DW, who also applied on March 22, got conditional approval April 2 and passed her interview today April 8 at SFO with flying colors. While she was in the hot seat, I spent the five minutes outside the office with a young woman from Alaska, whose timeline was nearly identical, so she was pretty happy too.
Same timetable as me offset by one day: Applied March 21, approved April 1, passed interview at SFO April 7
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bigdog4all
I am new here and reading...…

I have been waiting for 60 days. I applied for Global Entry and still showing "Pending Review". Maybe they discovered I skipped school when I was a kid. Is this normal? I have two out of the country trips this summer. I was hoping to use this service. Maybe not now.
I think it's normal. DHS is approving new apps within a week or two but is treating old applications as backlogs. Not surprised as it's a very inefficient agency. Can't get basic things right. Didn't the head of that agency just resign?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:06 am

Pending...

Applied 3/11
husband and daughter approved within days
I'm still waiting...
we live 4 hours from closest interview location and flying internationally in 1 month
Submitted complaint today, hoping for some FT luck!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:18 am

Are there lots of people who applied in January still waiting for conditional approval? Just checking stats... I applied Jan 31st and am on my 68th day of waiting, so if the 69-70 days have been consistant, most of the January applicants should be approved by now...
I'm getting nervous as I get closer to my 70 day window...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Infinity MileageLands
Originally Posted by dswaney
Applied 3/11
I'm still waiting...
we live 4 hours from closest interview location and flying internationally in 1 month
If you scroll up they are telling people it's taking 11 weeks to process some applications. There are people who applied in Jan / Feb still waiting. If you did not get it within the first two weeks be ready to wait approximately 70 days.

I applied Feb 23 and I am still waiting.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:38 am

Since I was conditionally approved 2 weeks before my planned international trip, there wasn't time to get an interview prior to the trip. However, the Mobile Passport app (referenced earlier in this thread) was an awesome substitute. Coming back into MSP, we had no wait and went straight to an agent. Cleared customs faster than the folks with GE, since they had to go to a kiosk first.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by barreg
Since I was conditionally approved 2 weeks before my planned international trip, there wasn't time to get an interview prior to the trip. However, the Mobile Passport app (referenced earlier in this thread) was an awesome substitute. Coming back into MSP, we had no wait and went straight to an agent. Cleared customs faster than the folks with GE, since they had to go to a kiosk first.
Since I applied I have had 3 international trips for which I used the Mobile Passport App. The longest line I've been on in Atlanta is being the second person to be attended on the MP check point. And it's free!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by C.D.
Since I applied I have had 3 international trips for which I used the Mobile Passport App. The longest line I've been on in Atlanta is being the second person to be attended on the MP check point. And it's free!
While Mobile Passport App is great, it does not offer TSA PreCheck.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Peasant at large
Originally Posted by dswaney
Applied 3/11
I'm still waiting...
Any non-sensitive details you can share with us on your profile vs your husband/daughter? Past travels or name similar to some famous villain perhaps? I appreciate that seeking logic with a federal agency is exactly logical itself but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. With paper forms I can see how staff can grab any random or specific application they want to work with and nobody will be the wiser. With electronic forms, that'd be a little harder to do and certainly harder to get away with regardless of whether it was oversight or for other reasons.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
While Mobile Passport App is great, it does not offer TSA PreCheck.
Nor is it (so far) available for permanent residents.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:32 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

This thread is about processing timelines of first time Global Entry applications.

While some natural deviation from the topic of the thread is acceptable, for indexing and future search purposes, please continue the discussion of the Mobile Passport App in the following thread:
Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:16 am

I got it! I got it! Approved for Global Entry interview after 71 days.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:36 pm

Smile wait for CA

HI.There~ I am Chinese and U.S.A. permanent residents . live in one place since I came to U.S.A.
Applied on March 18 with my friend. both of us wait for the CA now.
Submit inquiry this morning and got respond just few hours ago. basically, they told me what I already knew. I have to wait 1 week to 6 month. on average 11weeks.
I have upcoming trip to China. Hope I could get CA before May~ By the way I live in NYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.