Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:27 pm

Finally! Got condition approval today. Applied on 1/14 . Conditionally approved 3/25. Was able to schedule an interview appointment for tomorrow 3/26 at o'Hare international airport. International trip coming up this coming Friday!
Amy Beals Bonjour likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:29 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by dimitar_sj
Finally! Got condition approval today. Applied on 1/14 . Conditionally approved 3/25. Was able to schedule an interview appointment for tomorrow 3/26 at o'Hare international airport. International trip coming up this coming Friday!

glad it worked out for you!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:30 pm

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by dimitar_sj
Congratulations! The timing couldn't be any better!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Amy Beals Bonjour
Congratulations! The timing couldn't be any better!
I agree!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: GE
Applied 1/16
Conditionally approved 3/26
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:25 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by themera
Applied 1/16
Conditionally approved 3/26

69 days... Peter H may have been right. That gives me hope.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:41 pm

Just had my interview at O'Hare international. Interview took 3 minutes for me. The officer asked me what my name is and what is my DOB. Then he asked me where do I work and what is my position at work. Next thing was to take a picture and finger prints and that was it.
I am not sure if I have to do anything else now? Activate a card or something?
If anybody know I'd appreciate some information.
Thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by D1c

69 days... Peter H may have been right. That gives me hope.
Spreadsheet geek alert!

Here's the spread of reported conditional approval times across three threads here for the last couple of months (this one, the renewal thread, plus the UK one):

The thing to be noted is that, for the 14 67-72 day reports, 13 were conditionally approved in March and 10 were for applications made in January. The big numbers (eg 76 - 80+) were typically applications made on Nov/Dec and conditionally approved in February (my dataset has no approvals in Jan, but I guess that's down to the shut down?).

From this, my take is that it's getting a little bit quicker!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:46 pm

Gosh, Peter h!! Can I hire you for statistics and databses at the office??
peter h likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by C.D.
Gosh, Peter h!! Can I hire you for statistics and databses at the office??
I don't know. Can you afford me?

C.D. likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:46 pm

Damn either its couple weeks or 2 to 3 months. nothing in between huh. well tomorrow will be my two weeks mark. i guess i'll be waiting a while for this unless i get the conditional approval tomorrow
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by junaid0110
Damn either its couple weeks or 2 to 3 months. nothing in between huh. well tomorrow will be my two weeks mark. i guess i'll be waiting a while for this unless i get the conditional approval tomorrow
I guess what's interesting is why there is a gap? Anecdotally, there seems to be be no reason for a 7 day conditional approval versus a 70 day one?

So why do some people get the sub 2 week conditional approval and the rest of us have to wait?

Disclosure: applied for and payment taken 8 Feb.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peter h
I guess what's interesting is why there is a gap? Anecdotally, there seems to be be no reason for a 7 day conditional approval versus a 70 day one?

So why do some people get the sub 2 week conditional approval and the rest of us have to wait?

Disclosure: applied for and payment taken 8 Feb.
Because some background checks are completed quickly and some backgrounds checks take a long time.

Maybe when they contact the police department in the place someone else lived 5 years ago to inquire about the record, they reply the next day, and when they contact the police department from the place you lived 5 years ago, they don't reply for 3 weeks. There is nothing that the people conducting the checks can do about it -- they have to wait. They certainly aren't going to approve you without completing the check.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:01 am
D1c

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Because some background checks are completed quickly and some backgrounds checks take a long time.

Maybe when they contact the police department in the place someone else lived 5 years ago to inquire about the record, they reply the next day, and when they contact the police department from the place you lived 5 years ago, they don't reply for 3 weeks. There is nothing that the people conducting the checks can do about it -- they have to wait. They certainly aren't going to approve you without completing the check.
this could make sense, but some are families who applied together. Some got approved earl, and others have to wait. It would be the same police department to contact for all them so why the discrepancy? I’m trying to make sense of it as much as everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.