Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:18 pm
D1c

Filing a complaint only gets you a canned response. Seems we just have to wait. I’m going on 6 weeks now
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:21 pm

Applied early March, conditional approval in ~10 days
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Applied 3-6, received email 3-14. Next available Nashville interview is late April
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:04 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by mkt
Wife applied on 3/4/19, conditionally approved on 3/13/19, and was able to get same day appointment at MIA.
Final update. My wife went to the interview yesterday, took about 10 minutes at MIA. She mentioned there were 3 CBP officers in the room taking interviews at the same time.

Approved, and her KTN number has been added to every profile she has for purpose of pre.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS, HA, CX, AF, BA, UA, HH
Originally Posted by saifurrob
I figured some people had luck with a complaint and posting on here, thought I would try that as well. It seems that you and I are on that longer approval bucket than the 7 days one.
I've seen this response before and always wondered, how would CBP have any idea who you are by posting a complaint/comment on this forum?

Applied December 1st.
Approved through Enrollment on Arrival at LAX February 28th.
Received GE card March 5th.

Originally Posted by giporlos
Wife and I applied 2 weeks ago heard nothing... logged in and surprised to see we were conditionally approved... but never got notice... so I wouldn't wait for an email.
Neither wife or I ever received approval email. It does state on your account dashboard page that the only notice you will receive is the one that will be posted on your on your dashboard.

It also states in the FAQs the following: "If there is a change in the status of your application, such as a conditional approval or denial, you will receive an email stating to check your account for a change in status." So it is understandable that people sometimes expect an email.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 14, 2019 at 9:01 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; Please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:28 am
D1c

Originally Posted by elc2414
I've seen this response before and always wondered, how would CBP have any idea who you are by posting a complaint/comment on this forum?

Applied December 1st.
Approved through Enrollment on Arrival at LAX February 28th.
Received GE card March 5th.

Neither wife or I ever received approval email. It does state on your account dashboard page that the only notice you will receive is the one that will be posted on your on your dashboard.

It also states in the FAQs the following: "If there is a change in the status of your application, such as a conditional approval or denial, you will receive an email stating to check your account for a change in status." So it is understandable that people sometimes expect an email.
the complaint is not posted here. CBP has a form you can fill out. Doesn’t really do any good though
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Still waiting since January 26. Went ahead and renewed my TSA precheck that is due to expire in May with a credit card that pays for it. I have no international travel until late this year so no hurry for GE.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sleuth
Still waiting since January 26. Went ahead and renewed my TSA precheck that is due to expire in May with a credit card that pays for it. I have no international travel until late this year so no hurry for GE.
If your birthday is coming up soon, schedule your Global Entry interview the day after your birthday so you will receive 364 bonus days.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
If your birthday is coming up soon, schedule your Global Entry interview the day after your birthday so you will receive 364 bonus days.
Birthday is at the end of the year, so I was considering that as well.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sleuth

Birthday is at the end of the year, so I was considering that as well.
If you do decide to wait, you can use free Mobile Passport App when returning back from your international trip.

Global Entry vs. Mobile Passport App vs. APC
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:26 am

Applied January 12th, conditionally approved March 21st

Last edited by barreg; Mar 21, 2019 at 7:44 am
Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by barreg
Applied January 12th, still "Pending Review"....
Same thing! Applied 1/14 still pending review. International trip’s coming in 2 weeks.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:23 am
D1c

Originally Posted by dimitar_sj

Same thing! Applied 1/14 still pending review. International trip’s coming in 2 weeks.
They are up to early January so you just may barely make it. Good luck!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:24 am

I really hope so! Good luck to you too!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:27 am

I applied January 11th and I'm still pending. Should be any day.....
dimitar_sj likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.