Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by ppwchess
I applied for first time on 4/28. I'm still waiting for CA. In the meantime my Pre-Check is going to expire on 6/1. Very annoyed with myself that I let all of this slip through the cracks, and waited so long. I'm definitely flying in August, but not sure about June or July. I've gotten so spoiled with Pre-Check, I'm not sure I want to fly until I get CA on Global Entry. I would have thought that already having a KT number through Pre-Check would help speed up my application, but I guess not.
I felt the same way, on top of the fact that I couldn’t apply because I was in the process of renewing my passport, which took exactly 11 weeks. I just got my passport on 6/7, applied for GE on 6/8 and was CA on 6/9. Pre-check expires on 6/30. My interview is on 6/20…so I’ll be good to go!

Originally Posted by kklems
I am not sure what causes the inconsistencies with the program. I do not know if it matters that I already had pre-check and have not had travel to a foreign country in the last 5 years other than Canada with the exception of a multitude of Caribbean islands which were by cruise ship so no passport travel was logged. I wonder if those that have extensive travel get vetted more?
I still logged my cruise countries. They didn’t ask me how I got there! LOL! The process from applying to CA was 24 hrs for me…maybe because I have Pre-Check

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 14, 2021 at 9:09 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
A friend applied early May and still has not gotten her conditional approval. She did not have pre-check.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
A friend applied early May and still has not gotten her conditional approval. She did not have pre-check.
Since this is your friend's initial application then all the background checks need to be done as well. I went back in my email to provide you this info when I applied for Pre-Check. I applied on 5/21/16 and I scheduled to get my finger prints done on 6/29/16. I had to wait until there was an available appointment. I can’t remember when they said I was Ok to make an appointment but as you can see the whole process took just over a month to get it all done. Best of luck to your friend!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: WOH Explorist, MGM Gold, IHG PlatElite
Wife and I both first timers, applied 6/17/21.
Wife CA: 6/18/21
Still waiting for my CA. We both have pre-check.

I didn’t think it would be so fast, but since she got CA in a day, now I’m wondering why I haven’t. Full of jealousy.

I then realized my passport is going to expire in Sept, which I totally didn’t think of before applying. I know I can update passport info later after I renew it, but is this going to cause a problem for CA?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 3:15 pm

Sent them an email to know turnaround time just to have an idea and this was their reply:

Thank you for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.

We are currently experiencing a backlog in processing. Processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed as follows:

• GE & NEXUS: 10 months or longer
• SENTRI: 12 months or longer

These are average times. Unfortunately, we cannot anticipate a date of completion for your specific application at this time.

All applicants should check the Trusted Traveler Program website (https://ttp.dhs.gov/) periodically for updates or status of their application.

Additionally, if you submitted your renewal process before your membership expired, then you may continue using your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 24 months after your expiration date). If you choose to switch program instead of renewing your current membership (i.e., changing from SENTRI to Global Entry), you will not receive this 24 month grace period. We recommend that you print out a copy of your pending renewal to show the Customs and Border Protection Officer, if requested.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is my family member already conditionally approved, even though we applied on the same day?
A: Each application is processed and vetted individually. Applications are not vetted by groups.

Q: I have travel scheduled. Can you please expedite my application?
A: The vetting process cannot be expedited. However, please continue to check the status of your application at https://ttp.dhs.gov. If you are conditionally approved before you return from your international travel, you may be able to complete your interview while re-entering the United States, as part of our Enrollment On Arrival program (EoA). For more information, click on the link: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival.

Q: When I contacted you a few months ago, I was told that application processing times were up to 5 months. Why has this changed?
A: Our processing time estimates are subject to frequent revisions, as they are updated whenever new data becomes available.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

** Manage your Trusted Traveler Membership (GE, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST, APEC) through the TTP System at https://ttp.dhs.gov/
** Information about all of our programs can be found at www.globalentry.gov
** https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-traveler-programs
NOTE: The answers provided in this forum are for general information purposes only. Utilizing this forum does not constitute Reasonable Care under Informed Compliance guidelines.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by jeffchao1986
Wife and I both first timers, applied 6/17/21.
Wife CA: 6/18/21
Still waiting for my CA. We both have pre-check.

I didn’t think it would be so fast, but since she got CA in a day, now I’m wondering why I haven’t. Full of jealousy.

I then realized my passport is going to expire in Sept, which I totally didn’t think of before applying. I know I can update passport info later after I renew it, but is this going to cause a problem for CA?
Hopefully, since you’re already in the system, your CA will come fast. It is random on the turnaround time though. I’m guessing it will happen way before your passport expires. I had just got my renewed Passport back when I started the process and my pre check was about to expire…and the entire process didn’t take long for me. The day I had my interview I was approved 10 mins later…hadn’t even made it back home from the airport! Good luck to you!
Old Jun 25, 2021, 5:20 am

Applied: 6/24/21
Approved: 6/25/21
Interview: 8/27/21 at Newark Airport
I have pre-check

I live in Philadelphia so it's easy enough to get to Newark. I'll keep checking to see if any slots open up in Philly though.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:42 pm

Applied for GE on May 29, 2021. Still waiting for CA.
Recent LPR (10 years).
Old Jun 25, 2021, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by smcalist83
Applied: 6/24/21
Approved: 6/25/21
Interview: 8/27/21 at Newark Airport
I have pre-check

I live in Philadelphia so it's easy enough to get to Newark. I'll keep checking to see if any slots open up in Philly though.
I was able to get an appointment at PHL for 6/27 at 7 PM. However, I checked the hours for the enrollment center and it's only open until 5 PM on Sundays. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what the deal is. I hope the appointment time is valid so I can get this whole process out of the way.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by maxmantola10893
Applied for GE on May 29, 2021. Still waiting for CA.
Recent LPR (10 years).
I applied for GE on 20-May-2021 and got CE on 21-June-2021. In CA with precheck.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:02 pm

Applied on May 28 and got CA today (June 28).
Interview scheduled for same day in Blane, WA
Approved following day.

Last edited by maxmantola10893; Jun 29, 2021 at 9:27 am
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:42 pm

DP - first time applicant

Applied - 7/3
Conditionally Approved - 7/4
Interview scheduled - originally 8/31 but, was able to change to a 7/8 interview after cancellations.

I have traveled independently to Cuba legally under a General License for People to People in Jan 2017 when independent P2P travel was legal - I flew into JFK from Havana & have the stamps in my passport - should be fine but, have read of people getting denied over this (as well as approved despite this). This was disclosed on my list of countries I've traveled to - will share post-interview what comes of it for the DP along w/ processing timeline post-interview.
txviking likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:17 pm

First time applicant - GE.

Applied: 7/9/21
Conditionally
Approved: 7/11/21(yes a Sunday)
Interview: 7/13/21
Approved: 7/13/21
Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:59 am

First Time Applicant - Global Entry
Applied - 7/14/21 - evening around 8pm
Conditional Approved - 7/16/21 - Got email around 2:50AM
Interview - 7/17/21
Approved - 7/17/21
Old Jul 25, 2021, 2:15 pm

First Time Applicant

Global Entry/APEC
July 13, 2021 02:25 PM - Applied
August 14, 2021 05:40 AM - Conditionally Approved
December 2, 2021 - Interview: DFW

Last edited by vaf0021; Dec 1, 2021 at 8:00 am Reason: Format

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.