Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:26 pm

Hi everyone, I spent the last 75 days lurking on and refreshing this site for ongoing guidance and sanity-keeping efforts. I initially applied on 12/22/18 and was conditionally approved as of 3/7/19. A Chicago resident, there were no appointments available at ORD on the 1 day I have available next week, but there were 25 available at a Downers Grove location, so I'll be headed that way next week. I didn't receive an e-mail, letting me know that I'd been 'conditionally approved' either, but based on comments made here, I expected that. Now to obsess about 'what to expect' at the interview... Good luck to all!
VegasGambler likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by whitmcj
Now to obsess about 'what to expect' at the interview... Good luck to all!
Welcome to FlyerTalk @whitmcj!

For that subject, please refer to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:37 am

Wife and I applied 2 weeks ago heard nothing... logged in and surprised to see we were conditionally approved... but never got notice... so I wouldn't wait for an email.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:11 am

i filed complaint and this is what i just got minutes ago:

If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed. Please note that processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed for Global Entry and FAST within 11 weeks, NEXUS 3-5 months and SENTRI 7-8 months. This includes vehicle enrollments. Again, these are average times - your application may take a shorter and longer time to process depending on what the vetting center determines, not when it was submitted. The vetting process cannot be expedited.

Originally Posted by D1c

how did you file a complaint? I’m going on 5 weeks now and nothing.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:56 pm
D1c

Originally Posted by Clar
i filed complaint and this is what i just got minutes ago:

If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed. Please note that processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed for Global Entry and FAST within 11 weeks, NEXUS 3-5 months and SENTRI 7-8 months. This includes vehicle enrollments. Again, these are average times - your application may take a shorter and longer time to process depending on what the vetting center determines, not when it was submitted. The vetting process cannot be expedited.
so you got a canned, standard reply. Figures. I’ll just keep checking back....
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:29 pm

Some good news finally.

Applied December 29th (in the middle of the Government shutdown)

Conditionally approved: Today 3/9/19

Booked my interview in Long Beach for Monday.

Yes!!!

Took long enough. Now once I get this settled, I will start getting my summer travel plans going.

BTW, I actually got an e-mail from them alerting me of a status change.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by djariya
Some good news finally.

Applied December 29th (in the middle of the Government shutdown)

Conditionally approved: Today 3/9/19

Booked my interview in Long Beach for Monday.

Yes!!!

Took long enough. Now once I get this settled, I will start getting my summer travel plans going.

BTW, I actually got an e-mail from them alerting me of a status change.
Did you have any arrests or credit issues. I applied Dec 28th and nothing yet, I did have an arrest, case dismissed, no conviction 6 years ago and clean credit
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by TPA2DEN
Did you have any arrests or credit issues. I applied Dec 28th and nothing yet, I did have an arrest, case dismissed, no conviction 6 years ago and clean credit
Welcome to FlyerTalk @TPA2DEN!

You may want to take a look at this thread:
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:22 pm

Had my Global Entry interview in Long Beach today. In and out in about 20 minutes.

Application was officially approved about 30 minutes later.
dimitar_sj likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:19 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by rwgames
I applied and paid on Jan. 4th, no update still pending. My wife applied on Jan. 17th, and today it went to conditionally approved. She hasn't been out of the country since 2011 while I went to Israel in 2014 and Canada a few times since 2014. Clean records for both of us. We'll have to travel 2 1/2 hours for the interview since there is no airport around us that does them. Not that we can schedule an interview anyway
Based on everyone else's apply and approval dates I could feel it getting closer, conditional approval for me today! Thank goodness logging into the website multiple times a day doesn't raise a red flag Total of 67 days, appointments are looking scarce around us though one airport had nothing for months, another had some this week and then nothing for two months.
dimitar_sj likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:18 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Wife applied on 3/4/19, conditionally approved on 3/13/19, and was able to get same day appointment at MIA.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:26 pm

I applied in mid December and was approved a week ago. I was so busy I didn’t even look at appointments til 3 days ago. When I did there was nothing in either Atlanta office til 4/30. All of a sudden today a bunch of stuff opened Friday and Saturday (mostly afternoon) in the ATL international terminal. My hunch is this may be connected to the 737 grounding but I don’t know. Delta has codeshares with some airlines flying them and I have no clue if Southwest flys them to Atlanta or not. The afternoon slots opening would seem to indicate people coming in and trying to do it on layovers before European departures and now had flights changed
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:52 pm

Applied/Paid on 2/26/19, submitted complaint on 3/13/19. Posting on here for some FT luck!!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by saifurrob
Applied/Paid on 2/26/19, submitted complaint on 3/13/19. Posting on here for some FT luck!!
A complaint after just 2 weeks?

After reading through this thread, someone did an analysis and it seemed that you get conditional approval within 7 days or so, or then it's a much longer wait.

Disclosure: applied on Feb 8th and still waiting...
elc2414 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by peter h
A complaint after just 2 weeks?

After reading through this thread, someone did an analysis and it seemed that you get conditional approval within 7 days or so, or then it's a much longer wait.

Disclosure: applied on Feb 8th and still waiting...
I figured some people had luck with a complaint and posting on here, thought I would try that as well. It seems that you and I are on that longer approval bucket than the 7 days one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.