Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:23 pm

I had the exact same experience - TTP site was showing interview pending 2 weeks after the interview, and I could not get through by phone. Fortunately I live just 30 min from the enrollment center and went by again (without appointment). I just gave my PASSID to the officer at the reception desk, she spent a few minutes looking at it before calling me back to the desk to tell me that there had been "a computer glitch" holding up the approval but she had just fixed it. In and out in 5 minutes, and I got the approval notification email while walking back to the car.

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone

I suppose I could, but I wouldn’t consider it until a month had passed. There’s a sign in the waiting room that says basically if you don’t have an appointment, don’t even think about sitting down.

Eventually they’ll check their messages. I’ll cross my fingers and report back when I have an answer.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:50 pm

applied 1/31, still nothing. current nexus member
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by kaiotes
applied 1/31, still nothing. current nexus member
Slightly off topic. NEXUS includes all of the Global Entry benefits (Trusted Traveler Programs Comparison Chart). NEXUS members applying for GE risk the the deactivation of their NEXUS cards.

Please refer to the following thread:
Moderator's Note: Please continue the discussion of this issue in the referenced thread.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:14 am

I was not renewing my Nexus was getting ge in place of my soon to expired nexus. Got the change in status from
U.S. Customs and Border Protection today.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by kaiotes
I was not renewing my Nexus was getting ge in place of my soon to expired nexus. Got the change in status from
U.S. Customs and Border Protection today.
Is an interview required?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:27 pm

2 weeks from initial application to full approval

• Legal Permanent Resident; Citizenship: India
  • Global Entry Application Date - 02/03/2018
  • Conditional Approval Date: 02/16/2018 (2pm EST)
  • Interview Scheduled for 2/17/18 (4pm EST); Approved on the spot - no questions asked. Got a confirmation email while I was walking to car.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:30 pm

Applied: Feb 2
Conditionally: Feb 14
Interview: Feb 19
Approved: Feb 19 (same day as interview)

The officer told me I was to receive a card in 5 weeks.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Deafchick
Applied: Feb 2
Conditionally: Feb 14
Interview: Feb 19
Approved: Feb 19 (same day as interview)

The officer told me I was to receive a card in 5 weeks.
Just out of curiosity -- based on your username, do you make use of sign language interpreter services, and if so, did you need to pre-arrange one for the interview?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
Just out of curiosity -- based on your username, do you make use of sign language interpreter services, and if so, did you need to pre-arrange one for the interview?
They would have provided me with one but it was too short of a notice plus a holiday. I took the first available time and I didn't want to reschedule.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:33 pm

US Citizen
Applied: 2/21 3pm ET
Conditionally approved: 2/25 11pm ET

Wow that was quick. I wasn't expecting the conditional approval until sometime around 3/7.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:36 pm

Something interesting happened.

Applied 2/1/18 with wife and 1 year old son
I was conditionally approved on 2/4/2018
Child and wife conditionally proved on 2/17/18
Had interview in Houston IAH 2/21/18. My wife and I were placed on "Iddle" as per office because we didn't put our other nationality and brought the passport to the interview. Wife took passports on 2/23 back. Son approved on 2/23. Wife approved on 2/26. I am still waiting.
For those who have 2 nationalities please put them all and bring all passports with you. The officer was very rude with me and when my wife took the passports back another officer told her that was unnecessary as we will only enter the US with US passports. Still depends on the officer. I am still waiting. My application still shows as conditionally approved.

Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by Mglngl
For those who have 2 nationalities please put them all and bring all passports with you. The officer was very rude with me and when my wife took the passports back another officer told her that was unnecessary as we will only enter the US with US passports. Still depends on the officer. I am still waiting. My application still shows as conditionally approved.
For indexing and future search purposes, please continue discussing issues and problems experienced by dual nationals applying for Global Entry in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:53 pm

3 weeks and still pending

My husband submitted his application on Feb 7th 2018. It have been 21 days and we are still waiting for conditionally approved. The part that is the most aggravating is that he has top secret security clearance with the US Military.
It is bad enough that someone in our military, serving our country and has been deployed to fight for our country numerous times since 9/11, has to go through this process. The fact that he has one of the highest security clearances with the military and cannot get conditionally approved in under 3 weeks is astonishing.

On the flip side my two kids and myself submitted the application, got conditionally approved, interviewed, approved, & cards in hand in 9 days. Although there is a typo and one of my kids has global entry for 6 years instead of 5.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
US Citizen
Applied: 2/15
Conditionally approved: 3/1
Appointment 3/25 (next trip)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:04 pm

My processing time out Texas

Us citizen
Applied 2-12-18
conditional approval 2-27-2018
Approval 3-2-2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.