Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

TAM CNF-GRU & LH GRU-FRA. LH Redeems Itself!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

First two legs of the return trip. Enjoy.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/154634/
Old Aug 29, 2009, 6:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Good to see LH performed better......^
Even though my first flight with them wasn't the best I would still give them another chance.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent report! ^
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Thanks for the report and I agree TAM is doing a superb job.

Rgs,
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:41 pm

Thanks for the report!

Is there still a Varig lounge at GRU???
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Yes the only international lounge at that pier is the Varig Smiles lounge. It's basic but does the job I suppose.

Hardiwv: TAM seems to be a very well run airline. I would not hesitate to take them longhaul. Although I don't know when I'll ever go back to Brazil again!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by docpepz
Yes the only international lounge at that pier is the Varig Smiles lounge. It's basic but does the job I suppose.

Hardiwv: TAM seems to be a very well run airline. I would not hesitate to take them longhaul. Although I don't know when I'll ever go back to Brazil again!
TAM lounges (Business and First Class lounges) are located in another terminal. TAM has 3 separate lounges in GRU.

Rgs,

Last edited by hardiwv; Oct 29, 2009 at 4:15 am
Old Oct 29, 2009, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by docpepz

As I mentioned, AA Admirals lounge is located just in front of RG/G3 lounge, while UA lounge is located in another terminal.

Rgs,
Old Oct 29, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Nice report.

"He bothered to explain the contents of a simple ham and cheese sandwich to me"

Very refreshing to see actual customer service!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hardiwv
As I mentioned, AA Admirals lounge is located just in front of RG/G3 lounge, while UA lounge is located in another terminal.

Rgs,
If connecting on a purely domestic TAM itinerary through GRU, what lounges would one have access to? Via Priority Pass, I can use AA, UA, and JJ lounges, but not sure if I will be in the right terminaL. From what I remember, you cannot connect airside between them.

Also, isnt there a lounge in CNF for premium pax?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
If connecting on a purely domestic TAM itinerary through GRU, what lounges would one have access to? Via Priority Pass, I can use AA, UA, and JJ lounges, but not sure if I will be in the right terminaL. From what I remember, you cannot connect airside between them.

Also, isnt there a lounge in CNF for premium pax?
There is a TAM lounge outside security, near the check in desk. There are other branded lounges such as Amex Centurium Club which is located on the second floor.

About airside connection in GRU, it is possible. There is a glass connector which links T1 to T2 (the connector links the lounge area of both terminals). One has access to the connector only if flying international. It is a very convenient way of changing terminals for international-international connections without going thorugh immigration in GRU. Halfway through the connector there is a Fast Sleep with showers, spa, and day-use rooms.

Rgs,
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So it sounds like there is no way to access the AA or UA lounges if on a domestic itinerary...I guess Ill have to exit security to go to the JJ lounge. What about the Smiles lounge? Is that accessible for domestic flights?
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So it sounds like there is no way to access the AA or UA lounges if on a domestic itinerary...I guess Ill have to exit security to go to the JJ lounge. What about the Smiles lounge? Is that accessible for domestic flights?
No, in GRU Smile lounge is located after security. Before security there is a TAM domestic lounge/arrival lounge, and of course many branded lounges such as AmEx Centurion Club.

Rgs,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.