FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Amtrak Lake Shore Limited (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/988980-amtrak-lake-shore-limited.html)

Dan6681 Aug 26, 09 2:58 pm

Amtrak Lake Shore Limited
 
Here

Thanks!

CMK10 Aug 26, 09 4:02 pm

I really enjoyed this trip report! I'm going to be traveling by Amtrak from Los Angeles to Portland, OR in October so it's nice to have an idea of what it's like.

Dan6681 Aug 26, 09 5:18 pm


Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 12287468)
I really enjoyed this trip report! I'm going to be traveling by Amtrak from Los Angeles to Portland, OR in October so it's nice to have an idea of what it's like.

Have you booked a roomette?

CMK10 Aug 26, 09 5:58 pm


Originally Posted by Dan6681 (Post 12287884)
Have you booked a roomette?

No, the full bedroom. I'm sharing it with my Father.

Dan6681 Aug 26, 09 6:28 pm


Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 12288052)
No, the full bedroom. I'm sharing it with my Father.

Even better! Would you consider writing a trip report? I would love to hear your feedback on that route. I think you will have access to a private first class lounge/parlor on that train.

Teacherflyer Aug 26, 09 10:56 pm

Thanks for the report. I love to read the train reports but I'm not sure that I would try the long train trips. Right now, I'd rather fly and save time.

Loose Cannon Aug 27, 09 3:17 am

Good Report. I did the Lakeshore Limited once from CLE to BUF and was in coach.

camsean Aug 27, 09 10:05 am

Thanks for a really nice trip report.

Can ask the approximate cost per person?

Dan6681 Aug 27, 09 1:35 pm


Originally Posted by camsean (Post 12290919)
Thanks for a really nice trip report.

Can ask the approximate cost per person?

It was $83.00 X 2 = $166.00 for the rail fare & $184.00 for the accomadation charge. Those are both the lowest fare buckets. It is my understanding that the rail fare always reverts to the lowest bucket when you add an accomadation, so I lucked out with the $184.00. :)

bitburgr Aug 27, 09 2:04 pm


Originally Posted by Dan6681 (Post 12292018)
It was $83.00 X 2 = $166.00 for the rail fare & $184.00 for the accomadation charge. Those are both the lowest fare buckets. It is my understanding that the rail fare always reverts to the lowest bucket when you add an accomadation, so I lucked out with the $184.00. :)

And those are one-way fares, right?

CMK10 Aug 27, 09 2:45 pm


Originally Posted by Dan6681 (Post 12288193)
Even better! Would you consider writing a trip report? I would love to hear your feedback on that route. I think you will have access to a private first class lounge/parlor on that train.

Already planning it! Plus you get the privlidge of reading about PHX-BUR and PDX-SEA-PHX flights too! :D

Dan6681 Aug 27, 09 3:23 pm


Originally Posted by bitburgr (Post 12292166)
And those are one-way fares, right?

Correct

UAX_Brasilia Aug 27, 09 3:52 pm

Ahh...the "Late For Sure Limited"...:D

Dan6681 Aug 27, 09 5:58 pm


Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia (Post 12292644)
Ahh...the "Late For Sure Limited"...:D

I am not sure we were late on this run. Amtrak gets a 30min window, while as you know airlines only get 15min. :p

dhammer53 Aug 29, 09 10:16 pm

Nice report. Any pix of your room? Shower?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.