Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

72 hours of travelling from London to Seoul in absolute comfort (LX F and OZ C)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

72 hours of travelling from London to Seoul in absolute comfort (LX F and OZ C)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by UnitedEF
Any chance of posting the OZ portion? I am flying them next month and am very curious about the trip
Same here and flying 4 sectors with them in December.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 6:07 pm

the bmi baby totally tripped me out cause the inside looked bigger than the small bmi on the prior picture.. but then it turned out to be an airbus after all... ahahahah

hope to catch the OZ leg of the report too! thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum/Delta GM
I really really enjoyed your writing. Thanks for the outstanding report.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan, UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles
I've also enjoyed this report. Will you be posting the OZ segment anytime soon? ^^
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:21 pm

stargold hasn't logged on since the end of January. Hope everything is ok with them.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stargold

Getting nearer to LAX. What airport is it at the bottom?
I have a feeling that's Chino Airport (CNO), a municipal airport east of Los Angeles. It's almost directly east of LAX and so given the normal approach, I think that.

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
stargold hasn't logged on since the end of January. Hope everything is ok with them.
I see a login this morning, so hopefully all is well! I know it's an old thread, but I want to know about the OZ segment!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 5:00 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by amolkold
I have a feeling that's Chino Airport (CNO), a municipal airport east of Los Angeles. It's almost directly east of LAX and so given the normal approach, I think that.
Looking at the FAA airport diagram, I would agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CN...rt_diagram.gif
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Okay guys, you can stop worrying!

The reason why I disappeared was because I had to do the Korean national service in the army, which I joined in Oct 2009 and finished in Aug 2011. I had no ability to log in or write things while inside the base due to security regulations so I couldn't post while there.

I am, however, now done with all that and if people are still (!) interested in the OZ segment which is now more than two years ago (!), then I would be only too happy to write it up. The thing is, I'm in London until the end of the month and the TR notebook from that flight is in Korea, so I'll have to start when I get back.

In other news... I think my next TR will be something like 'How I avoided a non-stop flight and took 90 hours to fly more than twice the non-stop distance from Seoul to London!'
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:21 pm

In other news... I think my next TR will be something like 'How I avoided a non-stop flight and took 90 hours to fly more than twice the non-stop distance from Seoul to London!'
That's the FT spirit... plus, you probably need some EQM boost to get back to the elite status after being in the military service!

Let me guess.... You flew via the US, but took the long CO island hopper (i.e. ICN-NRT-GUM-HNL-US mainland - LHR)?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brahms77
That's the FT spirit... plus, you probably need some EQM boost to get back to the elite status after being in the military service!
Well..... All I can say is that I'm not earning any miles on this ticket. I jumped on the US DM double miles deal and redeemed a very nice ticket Think more LH FCT and TG 77W F than 90 hours of torture!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Well..... All I can say is that I'm not earning any miles on this ticket. I jumped on the US DM double miles deal and redeemed a very nice ticket Think more LH FCT and TG 77W F than 90 hours of torture!
Looking forward to it! ^
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Looking forward to it! ^
+1
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Awesome TR! Keep it up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.