Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

airline meal pics...

airline meal pics...

Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
airline meal pics...

Hey guys, since airlinemeals.net hasn't been updated in a couple years. I took some time to create a new site for airline meals... www.airplanefood.net Feel free to upload your pics there... and you can even use the links of your uploaded pics to add the pics to your trip reports on flyertalk.

Now I don't have any web design experience, and I am still working in some quirks, so be gentle...

Last edited by flyldavid; Jan 24, 2010 at 6:18 am
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
^ Good initiative. Just yesterday I was thinking about doing something like that myself. Marco has really let us down over at airlinemeals.net.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
great idea! one of my favorite parts of any TR is the meal pics, thanks for doing this ^
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:11 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Excellent move! Thanks and well done! ^^^
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Hopefully this can get publish like airlinemeals.net on newspapers and magazines. I found that site origianlly from a magazine, it need to have non-frequent flyer also post all kind of meals pics especially in Y, seen enough F and C meals pics already.

P.S. It would be nice if it can transfer the pics from airlinemeals.net to this board, or I should say this is a new domain for that site. Did you contact that site maybe takeover ?

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Aug 6, 2009 at 11:42 pm
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by flyldavid
Hey guys, since airlinemeals.net hasn't been updated in a couple years. I took some time to create a new site for airline meals... www.airlinegrub.net Feel free to upload your pics there... and you can even use the links of your uploaded pics to add the pics to your trip reports on flyertalk.

Now I don't have any web design experience, and I am still working in some quirks, so be gentle...
I knows he have been stopped using uploading the pictures for a long time. I hasn't been on his website for a long time. I will rather try to get onto his website. Should I need to have to be upload the pictures on his website? Or even they will allowed to shown it out the pictures of meals any classes J, C, F or Y class section. It will put on FlyerTalk trip reports forums. It will have more greatly appreciated it for our contribution.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Please stop this, it just makes me hungry!
Old Aug 7, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by flyldavid
Hey guys, since airlinemeals.net hasn't been updated in a couple years. I took some time to create a new site for airline meals... www.airlinegrub.net Feel free to upload your pics there... and you can even use the links of your uploaded pics to add the pics to your trip reports on flyertalk.

David..Thanks for the headsup..Love the site..I need to put some of my Air France pics up there...

David

www.twitter.com/flyiboy
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:00 am

great site, airlinemeals has also let me down. I will post this on a forum (www.historyofpia.com) and hopefulyl will get other people to post there as well.

Maybe someone should advertise this site on airliners.net?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Thank you guys for your support. There were 114 pics uploaded just yesterday! So, as go I through them and get them approved they should start appearing in the gallery, but the actual airlines probably wont be listed on the main page search menu until a couple hours later... It takes a few for the rss feed to pick up... I'll work on it updating quicker this weekend...

I'm really glad of all the positive feedback. If there are any issues or problems with the site, let me know and I'll work on fixing them...

keep the pics coming!

Last edited by flyldavid; Aug 7, 2009 at 3:25 pm
Old Aug 7, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Great idea since the old site www.airlinemeals.net seems to be dead and not maintained any longer.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Excellent work! My one suggestion would be putting all of the airlines on one page rather than 6 per page, which would make looking for a specific carrier that much easier.

Well done, sir.^
Old Aug 7, 2009, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hoyateach
Excellent work! My one suggestion would be putting all of the airlines on one page rather than 6 per page, which would make looking for a specific carrier that much easier.

Well done, sir.^
Thanks! Good idea... I'll work on that... While I am at it... I'll separate the menus and amenity kits from the meals... that way they are not all mixed in...
Old Aug 7, 2009, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caspritz78
Great idea since the old site www.airlinemeals.net seems to be dead and not maintained any longer.
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...meals-net.html
Old Aug 7, 2009, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sobore
Please stop this, it just makes me hungry!
Don't worry about it. All of those people wants to see the photos onto his new website. You don't have stop bothering on those people.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.