FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   BA First SYD - LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/981061-ba-first-syd-lhr.html)

HIDDY Aug 1, 2009 9:46 pm

BA First SYD - LHR

Deleted

HIDDY Aug 1, 2009 10:07 pm

Deleted

HIDDY Aug 1, 2009 10:13 pm

Deleted

Paint Horse Aug 1, 2009 10:36 pm

Nice report. I look forward to the rest.

I had serious misgivings at the time, but I am beginning to think I made the correct decision to take advantage of the BA 2 for 1 CW sale for my trip in the Fall instead of the F seats I was planning on buying. If BA keeps this up in F they will never recover the passenger load they once had, especially at the massive price difference between CW and F. In my case it was a $14,000 difference.

SanDiego1K Aug 1, 2009 10:50 pm

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for a great photographic/text report.

restlessinRNO Aug 2, 2009 12:33 am

HIDDY - Thank you for your trip report and great pictures. It's a bit sad, IMHO, that after flying F SYD-SIN-LHR, you're still hungry and need to visit the BA Arrivals Lounge in London for breakfast! :eek:

(Now when I arrive in LHR flying UA Y from SFO, I may still be hungry, but that's different. :) )

anat0l Aug 2, 2009 12:56 am

Once again HIDDY, you're proving yourself quite handily to be a very formidable trip reporter. :) :)

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 12160420)
So not a bad flight but not a very good one either. I suggest unless your employer is footing the bill that you don’t bother wasting cash or miles on flying in First on the SIN-LHR route and go Club World instead.

I do hope I haven’t come across as being a moaner. I was more disappointed than angry with these two flights as I know BA were capable of delivering a better product than what we received. I had certainly spotted a deterioration in the product since our last super F flight one and a half years ago.

I hope for a better outcome for my BA F trip SYD-BKK later this year - different equipment, though - 744. I'm flying QF F on the BKK-LHR sector, which does mean I miss out on the BA Arrivals lounges... (no BAEC status, only QF WP).

I blew QFF points on that one to try both BA and QF. Better than cash outright I guess. Of course, I also hope BA F will still be around on that sector when I get to flying it.....

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO (Post 12160721)
HIDDY - Thank you for your trip report and geat pictures. It's a bit sad, IMHO, that after flying F SYD-SIN-LHR, you're still hungry and need to visit the BA Arrivals Lounge in London for breakfast! :eek:

(Now when I arrive in LHR flying UA Y from SFO, I may still be hungry, but that's different. :) )

There's always a reason to visit a lounge. Who said you needed to be hungry, let alone thirsty? ;) .....Let alone sober? :D:D:D

RTW4 Aug 2, 2009 5:20 am

Thanks for writing such a beautiful report.. The photos were great.. I completely agree with your assessment of BA first.. However.... the T5 CCR really made up for a lot of disappointment ... The food and drink at the lounge is just first rate.... Once again.. thanks...

Keith009 Aug 2, 2009 7:41 am

I've been following your series of reports, thanks for taking the time to share the highs and lows of your trips with us HIDDY. Thanks especially for the wonderful pics. :)

macabus Aug 2, 2009 7:45 am

It seems like HIDDY's finally getting the hang of writing a decent trip report. :D

pb3 Aug 2, 2009 7:52 am

Thank you for a brilliant trip report. I know from experience now that it takes a lot of effort to compose such comprehensive reports.

Sydney looks very nice - I'd simply love to visit some day but such a long flight puts me off. I could only manage such a marathon flight in F.

Your photo of the Qantas A380 reminds me of this very morning when I was at a flea market near Heathrow. A Qantas A380 flew quietly overhead on final approach into LHR. Everyone just stopped what they were doing and looked up. Previously only Concorde could command such rapt attention.

Sorry that your F experiences were not top notch.

Look foward eagerly to further installments.

This Trip Reports forum is really addictive. I spend my Sunday afternoons reading trip reports in preference to blockbuster novels now :D

totti Aug 2, 2009 8:00 am

Great report and wonderful pictures. I really enjoyed this one:
http://p2qgda.bay.livefilestore.com/...J/SNC11764.JPG

elitetraveler Aug 2, 2009 8:05 am

Two more great reports, with excellent photos ^

Genius1 Aug 2, 2009 9:50 am

Great report HIDDY. Shame about the not-so-great BA F sectors.

When entering Galleries Arrivals, does the agent scan the pass or just look at it? I seem to remember on my one and only visit there last year she just looked at it, which struck me as a bit odd, given how many people try to blag themselves into lounges. :D

Some nice pictures there, particularly of the QF First Lounge at SYD. ^

aSiAnRiCk Aug 2, 2009 10:03 am

Nice TR! Thank you for the good read ^