Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

AC Milk Run YYZ-YVR on 77L in J

AC Milk Run YYZ-YVR on 77L in J

Old Jul 17, 09, 5:34 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
It seems that AC has enhanced the presentation of their meals on domestic flights--it's nice not to see the plastic salad bowls in J. I hope the presentation is not just for the 777 and other internationally configured aircraft.

Great report and picts!
Meal standards on domestic flights are same regardless of aircrafts so this is not special for 777. Plastic salad bowls are completely gone, everything is on glassware now. Lots of improvements lately so glad you guys are noticing it!
Old Jul 17, 09, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG View Post
Miles ahead include ps ? What is different from ps other than the seat ? Look carefully there is not even table cloth or cloth on the tray !

I think you should also remember AC often swap out widebodies to narrowbodies on this route for some reason. I have booked several times specific operate on 77W and 333, it end up with 321 both times. They just made up a reason because J and Y loads are low, so they are going to use a small aircraft, connecting pax stay, other pax move to the next flight.
Yes, miles ahead of ps and UA F. UA just sucks in every way possible. If it wasn't for the fact it was part of *A and I got AC miles, I'd probably avoid them like the plague. I will admit that UA doesn't suck as badly as US. That is literally US Scareways.

And it's not possible that AC constantly swaps widebodies for narrowbodies. These planes usually come in from Australasia to YVR and need to get to YYZ so they can continue on to Europe. If anything, these are priority flights.
Old Jul 18, 09, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Great trip report. I loved the photos.
Old Jul 18, 09, 3:14 pm

I've never been impressed with the FAs on Air Canada. I loved the seats in J, however, except for the hassle of getting out the trays.... that was difficult.
Old Jul 18, 09, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Very nice report with great pictures. ^

AC seem to have improved from what I've read recently which is good to see.
Last time I flew the other way YVR-YYZ was with Wardair - you can tell that wasn't yesterday.
Old Jul 18, 09, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu View Post
Who made up a reason that loads are low?
The purser of my flights.

77W and 333 are International aircrafts so if we need it elsewhere for operational reasons, obviously we will take it from a domestic flight first if needed. This doesn't happen very often so 2 times hardly qualifies as 'often'.
AC 142 used to be 333, I had asked other FTers, that flight hardly ever use 333. I think OP also mentioned its 77L got swapped to 321.
Old Jul 18, 09, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by YOWkid View Post
And it's not possible that AC constantly swaps widebodies for narrowbodies. These planes usually come in from Australasia to YVR and need to get to YYZ so they can continue on to Europe. If anything, these are priority flights.
I am talking about 333 and 77W, you are confused about 77L. 77L is the one go to australia.
Old Jul 19, 09, 10:25 am

AC 142 used to be 333, I had asked other FTers, that flight hardly ever use 333. I think OP also mentioned its 77L got swapped to 321.
Used to be? It still is. Define "hardly ever"? I work at AC and can tell you 90% of the time it's still 333 barring any last minute substitution. Let's not exaggerate here - 90% is not 'hardly ever'. AC142 for the month of Jul is not 333 but AC1166 is. It's scheduled, not a sub. AC142 is a domestic flight so we are not obligated to use a 333 for the duration of the year.
Old Jul 19, 09, 10:28 am

I am talking about 333 and 77W, you are confused about 77L. 77L is the one go to australia.
What flight do you ever see a 77W that is regularly scheduled on a YYZ/YVR? There are none. 333? Once a day because of maintenance requirement unless it's pulled at the last minute because of operation requirement which is very rare. Let's not exaggerate here.
Old Jul 19, 09, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Miles ahead include ps ? What is different from ps other than the seat ? Look carefully there is not even table cloth or cloth on the tray !

I think you should also remember AC often swap out widebodies to narrowbodies on this route for some reason. I have booked several times specific operate on 77W and 333, it end up with 321 both times. They just made up a reason because J and Y loads are low, so they are going to use a small aircraft, connecting pax stay, other pax move to the next flight.
do you work for the CIA? your two flights make it 90%? And now you even know the reason for the swap to a 321.
LOL if you know anything you would NOT listen to what an FA has to say they know less than nothing.
Old Jul 19, 09, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, OZ Diamond Plus
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

What flight do you ever see a 77W that is regularly scheduled on a YYZ/YVR? There are none. 333? Once a day because of maintenance requirement unless it's pulled at the last minute because of operation requirement which is very rare. Let's not exaggerate here.
I think for a very brief period of time back in winter 2008 (I think for me it was early December) where I got to fly on my first and only AC 77W between YYZ an YVR, if I'm not mistaken it was when AC001 flew YYZ-NRT through YVR. Perhaps this is the flight he had in mind? I know it doesn't operate through YVR currently.
Old Jul 19, 09, 3:37 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by AC340-541 View Post
Perhaps this is the flight he had in mind? I know it doesn't operate through YVR currently.
Regardless of which flight it is that he had in mind, the point Andrew is trying to make is that there is no regularly scheduled 77W on YYZ-YVR.
Old Jul 20, 09, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by why fly View Post
do you work for the CIA? your two flights make it 90%? And now you even know the reason for the swap to a 321.
LOL if you know anything you would NOT listen to what an FA has to say they know less than nothing.
Please refrain from your language, there is nowhere I mention 90%.
Old Jul 20, 09, 9:52 pm

I haven't flown AC on that route recently, but back then isn't AC 1/2 a 77W ? And also occasionally AC 137 ?

No matter rare or not, the times that I booked AC 142 , every single time got swapped. I had also started a thread in the AC forum long time ago about how often AC 142 is not a 333, and I remember I got quite a few replies quite many times it is something other than 333. Perhaps it is now better running with the 333 on this route, I apologize if my experience is not recent up-to-date to recent months.

I do like AC domestic J service and all MLL, but it is just whenever I fly AC, I always end up bad luck, either aircraft swap, cancel, or long delay, especailly I made myself go out of the way to fly AC rather than UA. (being non-stop ORD-YVR on UA, I fly ORD-YYZ-YVR on AC)

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 20, 09 at 10:05 pm
Old Jul 31, 09, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, OZ Diamond Plus
Flight Details

Flight/Route: AC1166 YVR-YYZ
Date: July 29, 2009
A/C: Airbus Industrie A330-343X
Reg/Fin: C-GFUR #934
Del.: June 30, 2000
Depart: 1345 scheduled, 1350 actual
Arrive: 2107 scheduled, 2119 actual
Service Director: Monarmie?
Captain: Lou Deslauriers?
F/O: Kevin Harris?

Check In at YVR

Walked over to the Executive First / STAR ALLIANCE GOLD check-in area in the Domestic Terminal. There were two agents working, and both were chatting up their respective customers, who were both Super Elite. I normally don't mind personal touches such as this, but the line for check-in was seven or eight passengers long! Anyways, got my bags checked and my seat reconfirmed. On my way next to check out YVR's new observation deck and the newly renovated C-Pier in the Domestic Terminal.

Observation Deck

Up the escalators to see the new viewing deck.

Nice little model of YVR.

Not a terribly exciting view of the B- and C-Piers; mostly regional aircraft!

I suppose if you have an interest in airport OPS then you will enjoy watching the action... if you're lucky to catch (1) good weather, and (2) a busy period!

I'm happy that my home airport now has a space to watch the action on the tarmac now, besides the over-priced bar and lounge in the Fairmont. It's a nice place to relax, very open and bright, with tables and chairs, as well as a flight simulator for kids to play on!

New C-Pier at YVR

An example of the architectural style that carries over from the INTL Terminal.

Not a fan of First Nation artwork as the sole representative of such a diverse cultural area (Southern BC Coast), but otherwise a nice piece of work.

Moving sidewalks take you past the new food and concession area. Lots of natural light = Good!

There is a Vera's Burgers!

You get a really close-up view of the Jazz OPS at YVR from the C-Pier!

Training for the fire crews? I don't know!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: