Search

Jetblue Inaugural LAX to JFK June 17 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Jetblue Inaugural LAX to JFK June 17 2009

Jetblue Inaugural LAX to JFK flight

June 17, 2009
B6 672 LAX-JFK Lv1250 Arr2129 Airbus A320-200 N651JB “Beta Blue” Harlequin livery

Just want to write a quick trip report!

Here is the link to the photo album!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...8QbNHDNy5bqOM4

Today is a very special day, as Jetblue has finally arrived at LAX. Excitement definitely filled up the whole lounge area at 69B, which is the new Jetblue’s gate at LAX. I arrived late from Phoenix, so I missed out on most of the performances. Beta Blue was the aircraft serving the inaugural services, and N651JB was a beautiful aircraft.

CEO David Barger greeted each passenger, as we boarded the plane on time at 12:15pm. The flight went out 100% full as expected, and Dave made a quick announcement before letting us go. He actually asked how many LA based passengers, which were the majority, and the second question, “how many of you find LAX to be more convenient than Long Beach?” There was quite a show of hands. I live in Palos Verdes (well my Los Angeles home), and both LAX and LGB were closed, but I somehow prefer LAX. Then he asked about the New York passengers, and how many passengers are continuing to other destinations? There are a number of folks continuing to Portland, Maine this evening. Jetblue flight 672 pushed back on time at 12:48pm, two minutes early, and the whole Jetblue ground crew and welcoming team waved goodbye, as we taxied towards R/W24R. We took off at 1:08pm, and flying time was a quick four hours and fifty-nine minutes.

The flight started off with five free tickets giving out to five lucky passengers. Mimosa and Bloody Mary were offered, and everyone got a free drink. Drinks were complimentary throughout the flight, as well as headsets and movies. Marc, the F/A in our section, offered me a second mimosa, but one was enough, plus I did not have time to buy real food, so one was more than fine for this quick flight. Two hours prior to arrival, the F/As gave out many gift bags from various vendors, like the Marciano gift card and bag I got, and other places, like California Pizza Kitchen, the Tanning Salon, Guess, as well as tickets to see the Clipper’s game. Jetblue bags filled with Coca Cola products, as well as liquors, were passed out. There were various gifts. However, I was shocked to discover that the second snack service was cancelled. A full beverage service was served, but no longer the 100-calorie cookie pack. I think it is a bit cheap. The F/As are in great spirits and quite active throughout the flight. In terms of inaugural souvenir, the large A4 Jetblue LAX destination posters were offered at the gate. Jetblue has a unique destination poster for each new city that they fly to, which combine the unique features of the city or the airport, and a little jetblue plane flying across. They use to give out posters, which I like better, but the large size postcard is good too, and easier to preserve.

Descent was a bit rough, as lots of thunderstorm activities at Midwest, but we landed on time at R/W22L at 9:07pm and parked at gate 16 at 9:16pm, thirteen minutes early.

Plane-spotting note at LAX:
Korean Air Boeing 747-400 HL7487 the noon nonstop flight back to Seoul
Two Qantas’ Airbus A380-800s VH-OQA and VH-OQC
Qantas’ Oneworld Boeing 747-400 VH-OEB
El Al Boeing 777-200 4X-ECD
Japan Airlines Boeing 747-400 JA8922
Northwest Boeing 747-400 N672US – the proud Northwest Compass livery

Not sure what else to say, but a very good flight and a good start for Jetblue! The flight was mostly full with revenue passengers, but non-revenue passengers. I think Jetblue will do very well on the LAX to JFK flights, and wish them the best of luck.

Carfield
Old Jun 18, 2009, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Thanks for nicely the trip reports. I'm glad that you are enjoyable flying on JetBlue out of LAX-JFK today. So you have to stay home for awhile. Because you traveling around of the world. Just take some time breaks from airlines. So the loads will be very successful route for LAX-JFK. I'm surely B6 will have more frequency service for JFK-LAX. I can see more increase the capacity growth in LAX. Also, you didn't took the pictures inside brand new terminal 5 in JFK yet? Maybe next time if you can comeback visit at JFK in the future. I'm curious that I would like to see more new food court and restaurants, too. I am interested that I likely to take a photos opportunity inside the concourse. Can you do that for me next time. Thanks, Carfield.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Nice report. Sounds like a nice trip. I apologize for Midwest weather you encountered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.