Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Photo report-Visit to the world's tallest twin towers - Kuala Lumpur Petronas towers

Photo report-Visit to the world's tallest twin towers - Kuala Lumpur Petronas towers

Old May 30, 09, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum

We visited Kuala Lumpur during our trip over the Easter break, and toured the Petronas twin towers, here is the photo report of our visit:

http://www.igousee.com/display_blog....10058&lang=_en
Old Jun 1, 09, 4:30 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Best think about this place is the killer food court. That's as far as I got.
Old Jul 6, 09, 4:22 pm

I read online that the tickets are given out around 8:30am. I wouldn't arrive to the towers until about 11am. Do you think they would be gone by then? I noticed in your photo post the lines were long and the sign displayed they were out of free tickets (at an unknown time). Was there anybody hawking tickets outside? (I imagine not)

Thanks!

Last edited by CrazyInteg; Jul 6, 09 at 4:34 pm
Old Jul 7, 09, 1:17 am

If you want views of KL and the Petronas Towers, go up the Menara KL (KL Tower) instead. It's atop a hill, so it's actually a smidgen taller than Petronas. Not free, but it's not terribly expensive either, and it's open all day long.
Old Jul 11, 09, 4:34 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Great report.... I was last in the towers during my honeymoon...
Old Jul 12, 09, 7:25 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg View Post
I read online that the tickets are given out around 8:30am. I wouldn't arrive to the towers until about 11am. Do you think they would be gone by then? I noticed in your photo post the lines were long and the sign displayed they were out of free tickets (at an unknown time). Was there anybody hawking tickets outside? (I imagine not)

Thanks!
The tickets go pretty quickly, with people beginning to line up before 7.30am. If you want tickets I would suggest lining up from at least prior to 8am. No hawkers.

As already mentioned, the Menara KL gives a much better view. Note that with the Petronas, you are going to the bridge level (41st floor from memory), so really isn't that high.
Old May 6, 10, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
No hawking of tickets, but 11am is most likely too late.

The free tickets were all gone probably by 10 or so, but that does not mean that you can get to the ticket office by 10 and still expect the tickets. People got join the queue around 8 to 8:30 probably are the last ones getting the tickets.

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg View Post

Thanks!
Old May 8, 10, 10:39 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

As this thread is really more of a trip report than simply information about a specific place in Asia, let’s share it with other FlyerTalk members in the Trip Reports forum rather than leave it in the Asia forum.

By the way, I was fortunate to get in line late in the morning last year after deplaning and secure tickets for later that same day, so it is possible...

...and I certainly recognized the author of this thread in one of the pictures!

Regards,

Canarsie
Senior Moderator
Old May 8, 10, 3:56 pm

I was there last May, brought back some great memories and times. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: