Programs: FB Plat - Amex Cent.
Eva Air - Los Angeles/Osaka - J class

Flight BR 167 LAX > KIX
10th may 09 – 12.10pm during H1N1 Hysteria
Premium Laurel
$1960 O/W

Pictures are here

Check in : 9/10
Desert LAX TBIT on sunday morning - Dedicated desert PL line – We get BP and lounge invitation in 2 minutes. Agent was nice.

Lounge : 6/10
Hard to find because of the renovations in TBIT, lounge is desert ( Less than 10 pax ) - Free wifi. Good choices of drinks and nice but limited choice of sushis + makis. Seats were OK.

Boarding : 9/10
Dedicated PL line, warm welcome from FAs who rush to take our bags to store them – the plane is empty ( 11 pax in J, desert in Elite, maybe a little more in coach).

Catering & Service : 5.5/10
Good wines but I was disappointed by the food ( I had the Chinese menu and my wife the western one ). Service was kind of a rush but FAs were nice. Drinks are not filled at seat and as soon as the plate is empty, FAs took the plate within 10 secs. Lamb was not good at all.

Seats + AVOD : 7/10
Seat is OK but hard to sleep in but comfortable in the relax position. AVOD is nice and lots of films ( even in French ).

Debarking : N/A
Because of H1N1 we had to wait 45 minutes in the plane the time Japanese officials take body temperature of everybody. Luggage’s were waiting when we arrived in dedicated area.

Conclusion
If I Knew the plane was empty I would have stayed in the elite cabin. When the plane is full or for a night flight, PL should be worth it.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, QF, VA, CI
Nice TR! It's been a while since we've seen a BR TR. Food has never been a strong point for BR.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:34 am

Thanks for the trip report.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:03 pm

Nice
Old May 26, 2009, 12:28 pm
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Do Eva Air have their own lounge in LAX?
Old May 26, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, QF, VA, CI
No - they use the non-affiliate lounge
It's good that sasmalko managed to get a TR on this flight, because BR is cancelling this flight soon due to the sharp fall in bookings following H1N1. I got this info from airline route updates (airlineroute.blogspot.com) which is pretty reliable, but it reads more like a suspension rather than a cancellation as there's a timeframe for the cancellation - from 15JUN09 to 24OCT09.
Old May 27, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by sasmalko
Flight BR 167 LAX > KIX
10th may 09 – 12.10pm during H1N1 Hysteria
Premium Laurel
$1960 O/W...

Debarking : N/A
Because of H1N1 we had to wait 45 minutes in the plane the time Japanese officials take body temperature of everybody. Luggage’s were waiting when we arrived in dedicated area...

Do you mean "disembarking?"

Nice TR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.