Reload this Page >

India in F (Lufthansa F, Thai F, Swiss F and Jet Airways domestic J) Pics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India in F (Lufthansa F, Thai F, Swiss F and Jet Airways domestic J) Pics

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2009, 1:00 am

LX F looks great. Y long haul needs a bit of work though.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 5:07 am

Great
have a nice trip
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
LH F, maybe not so good?

From your report, and from what others on FT have stated, it sounds like LH food is not that much better than UA's. I have flown on both LH and UA C, and to be honest, I thought UA's food was much better, even though so many people say that LH's food is superior. But perhaps LH food really is not all that it is cracked up to be.

For further support that LH food is not so good, please read. He also says the lamb sucks on LH F:

http://waapblog.com/2009/06/06/lufth...%E2%80%93-jfk/
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
From your report, and from what others on FT have stated, it sounds like LH food is not that much better than UA's. I have flown on both LH and UA C, and to be honest, I thought UA's food was much better, even though so many people say that LH's food is superior. But perhaps LH food really is not all that it is cracked up to be.

For further support that LH food is not so good, please read. He also says the lamb sucks on LH F:

http://waapblog.com/2009/06/06/lufth...%E2%80%93-jfk/
I think it's about expectations vs reality. I have flown UA C, not expecting the food to be top quality and it wasn't, but was perfectly edible.

I found LH C to be average C class food, similar to UA but as I expected better, it seemed disappointing.

With LH F, I had heard from many that the food was the highlight of the trip (it's not as if the seat was the attraction). My meal was mediocre at best and certainly the joint worst F meal that I have had. Again, because my expectations were so high, it probably seemed worse than it was.

My best meals in the sky have been in LX F, SQ F and EK J.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAN Pax
I'm doing LX F HKG-ZRH-MAN in less than a month and I'm now really looking forward to it!
Thanks. My only other tip would be to get some sleep before you board. The midnight departure time can make it difficult to stay awake through dinner!

Originally Posted by EK_Flyer
Great report baggageinhall ... loved the little dialogues

& enjoyed the flow of your TR ... nicely written ^

Thanks for sharing

Cheers, ^
Many thanks. I have always enjoyed your TR's as they are usually on routes that I have never flown.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
What a great report!

Thanks for posting. I flew LX F SFO-FRA-MUC-SFO in June. I too found the FC lounges in Germany to be the best part of the LX F product. I really enjoyed your report.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:40 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thanks for sharing this fascinating and well written report. Your photographs are stunning. ^
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aw
Thanks for sharing this fascinating and well written report. Your photographs are stunning. ^
Thanks. As I've said, all the photos were taken with my iPhone (a 3G not the 3GS with the better camera) and the quality surprised me. I find using a camera phone much less obtrusive than pulling out my compact camera.

That said, I am tempted to take some shots of LHR T5 using my SLR later in the year.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 11:16 am
Suspended

Thanks for the nice report ^
Old Nov 28, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: EXP AA.
Excellent TR thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading it very much.

Cheers Larry.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
All that food on the aircraft, & in the lounges....you must be the size of a house!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
You certainly like eating. All that food onboard, & in the lounges.....you must be the size of a house!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Great read.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.