FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   India in F (Lufthansa F, Thai F, Swiss F and Jet Airways domestic J) Pics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/948189-india-f-lufthansa-f-thai-f-swiss-f-jet-airways-domestic-j-pics.html)

kchika May 6, 2009 6:47 pm

A most excellent trip report, baggageinhall. Is there any way that you could type the LX F wine list for us please? :)

I especially liked this bit:

Originally Posted by baggageinhall (Post 11654893)
Even if I could find seats in the other direction, did I want to travel C when F was available for a few more miles? No.

^ :D

hserus May 7, 2009 9:16 pm

Wonderful - and you're clearly a gourmet, I see. Not seen too many TRs with such loving treatment of the food eaten, and you've just made me very hungry indeed.

Kevincm May 8, 2009 9:29 am

Very nice trip report baggageinhall with the different F's you've covered and an intresting set of routes ^

Excellent work ^

TrayflowInUK May 8, 2009 11:54 pm

I really enjoyed this TR... it's reports like these that make me wonder why I stick w/ Skyteam!

Oh well, I suppose there's no point in going over to Diamond Club now, is there?

kimala koala May 9, 2009 8:26 am

Just had to tell you how much I enjoyed your trip report. Your descriptions of the food was excellent and had me salivating in anticipation of my upcoming trip. I love people who love food :-)) ^^

Seat 2A May 9, 2009 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by kimala koala (Post 11721064)
Just had to tell you how much I enjoyed your trip report. Your descriptions of the food was excellent and had me salivating in anticipation of my upcoming trip. I love people who love food :-))

My sentiments exactly! So many trip reporters give short shrift to inflight food reporting but on a long international flight, especially in First Class, a nicely prepared and presented meal represents better entertainment than anything found on the IFE. Thanks for your great photos and descriptions that helped to bring these flights to life for those of us who are presently grounded.

Here's wishing you a wonderful trip to San Francisco next fall ^^

snod08 May 9, 2009 5:15 pm

Very nice TR!

KarlJ May 9, 2009 5:50 pm

It's taking me a while to read it all... but I'd like to pause and echo what others have already said. Thank you for your putting it all together. It's very enjoyable!

baggageinhall May 10, 2009 12:43 am

Originally Posted by kchika (Post 11707594)
A most excellent trip report, baggageinhall. Is there any way that you could type the LX F wine list for us please? :)

I especially liked this bit:

^ :D

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 11714213)
Wonderful - and you're clearly a gourmet, I see. Not seen too many TRs with such loving treatment of the food eaten, and you've just made me very hungry indeed.

Originally Posted by kimala koala (Post 11721064)
Just had to tell you how much I enjoyed your trip report. Your descriptions of the food was excellent and had me salivating in anticipation of my upcoming trip. I love people who love food :-)) ^^

Originally Posted by Seat 2A (Post 11722654)
My sentiments exactly! So many trip reporters give short shrift to inflight food reporting but on a long international flight, especially in First Class, a nicely prepared and presented meal represents better entertainment than anything found on the IFE. Thanks for your great photos and descriptions that helped to bring these flights to life for those of us who are presently grounded.

Here's wishing you a wonderful trip to San Francisco next fall ^^

Thanks everyone; how I would love to be a food critic!

The Swiss wine list was as follows:

Champagne:
Cuvee Louise 1998

White Wine:
Riesling x Sylvaner Spatlese (Schipfgut, Zurich)
Chablis 1er Cru, 2006 (Lamblin & Fils, Burgundy)
Furmint 2007 (Royal Tokaji Company, Tokaji)

Red Wine:
Rychenberg Pinot Noir 2006 (Winterthur, Switzerland)
Chateau La Tour Haut-Brion 1995 (Bordeaux)
Brancaia Il Blu 2002 (Tuscany)

Dessert Wine
Mitis Amigne de Vertoz Valais 2004 (Jean-Rene Germanier, Wallis, Switzerland)

Port
Calem Port 1989

Buster CT1K May 11, 2009 5:36 pm

This is an excellent TR. Sorry to hear about your experience on LH. LH is great for the FCL and FCT, but boy that hard product needs updating!

LX F soft product is wonderful, I agree!

Rambuster May 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Nice trip report indeed.
I also like the LX F product very much and do not find LH F that bad in terms of privacy. Probably I have just got used to the seat and cabin layout after lots of F flights ?

Your conversation with the Indian customs official made me laugh about how many laptops are ONE ?

mjcewl1284 May 16, 2009 6:32 am

Your little discussion with the security officer in India had me wondering, "Does the TSA work in India now?" :D

Great TR

baggageinhall May 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 11732305)
Your conversation with the Indian customs official made me laugh about how many laptops are ONE ?

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284 (Post 11758123)
Your little discussion with the security officer in India had me wondering, "Does the TSA work in India now?" :D

Great TR

I tried my best not to smirk through the encounter as I thought it would only inflame the Officer who was doing his best 'stern official look' as he asked one ridiculous question after another.

MAN Pax Jun 5, 2009 5:01 am

Thanks for the detailed report!

I'm doing LX F HKG-ZRH-MAN in less than a month and I'm now really looking forward to it!

EK_Flyer Jun 5, 2009 7:08 am

Great report baggageinhall ... loved the little dialogues :D

& enjoyed the flow of your TR ... nicely written ^

Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers, ^