Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

UA SFO-LAX on EX-Ted aircraft

UA SFO-LAX on EX-Ted aircraft

Old Apr 27, 09, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
Thumbs up UA SFO-LAX on EX-Ted aircraft

On Saturday morning I was on the first SFO-LAX flight of the day on my way to catch a P.S. flight to JFK. Unlike the usual situation where the aircraft is UA Mainline on the outside (blue and white livery) and TED on the inside, this was the opposite. The aircraft was still wearing its yellow TED livery on the outside, but upon boarding I was pleasantly surprised to see it had been transformed.

There was an actual first class cabin in the front of the aircraft (first 12 seats.) The entire aircraft had blue leather seats including the F cabin. The purple "FlyTed.Com" ads in the rear of the aircraft were gone. A grey bulkhead had been installed in the front of the aircraft separating Y and F cabins. I was in economy plus and really thought the blue perforated leather seats were more comfortable than the "regular" UA blue cloth seats we all know. This new cabin configuration gets my thumbs up!

Last edited by HunterSFO; Apr 28, 09 at 11:01 pm
Old Apr 27, 09, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt DSC, HHonors/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Nice. Did you take any pictures? Looking forward to flying on the re-config. aircraft. You sure there were only 6 FC seats though? I thought that there were supposed to be 12 like on the other A320's?
Old Apr 27, 09, 6:19 pm

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy View Post
You sure there were only 6 FC seats though? I thought that there were supposed to be 12 like on the other A320's?
There most certainly are twelve, and the OP likely had a typo.
Old Apr 28, 09, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
It is strange to me many of the ex-TED planes have been re-painted, yet you got one with the new config. that still had the old paint.
Old Apr 28, 09, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
Exclamation correction

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy View Post
Nice. Did you take any pictures? Looking forward to flying on the re-config. aircraft. You sure there were only 6 FC seats though? I thought that there were supposed to be 12 like on the other A320's?
Hey sorry about that it is 12 not 6 seats in F. I cant do math anymore

I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures - I was running on 2 hours of sleep and it was a 6am flight so I brain f*rted and forgot to take some. Red eye flights are no problem for me, but 6am is another story...
Old Apr 28, 09, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
It is strange to me many of the ex-TED planes have been re-painted, yet you got one with the new config. that still had the old paint.
I agree. I've recently flown on several aircraft that were the blue and white livery on the outside but totally "ted" on the inside. This was the first time I've seen the reverse. It makes more sense to do the inside first though. I don't the the pax care what color the darned paint is, but they want their FC cabins already!
Old May 28, 09, 12:26 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Million Mile Flyer
I've just had a schedule change and now have SFO-LAX on a TED plane, that is interior TED config. UA877 in July. I've never seen a TED plane intra CA except for maybe a last minute substitution.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: