FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Ryanair and Edinburgh trip report FR6241 - FR 6242 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/938164-ryanair-edinburgh-trip-report-fr6241-fr-6242-a.html)

thomas199023 Mar 30, 09 7:15 pm

Ryanair and Edinburgh trip report FR6241 - FR 6242

This is my trip report about my family trip to Edinburgh last week.
It's my first attempt to write one. I am not a native English speaker so there probably are some faults in it.

I haven't seen any Ryanair trip reports on here so I didn't want to keep this one from you guys.

Now with pictures! I will finish it in during the next days.

Introduction
Ryanair FR6241 Weeze (NRN) tot Edinburgh (EDI) 27 March 2009
Edinburgh and Novotel City Centre
Sheraton Edinburgh
FR 6242 Edinburgh (EDI) to Weeze (NRN) 31 March 2009
Please feel free to comment!

snod08 Mar 30, 09 7:21 pm

wow...soon they will have robots for FA's and pilots. And you wont see other human beings in airports (except passengers and I guess Security). Thanks for this TR....

Those were some cramped seats!!
Bless your heart!

Also, this board has many people who are not native English speakers. So, dont worry about it.

camsean Mar 31, 09 8:46 am

Thanks for the trip report.
A good change to read a trip report in Y without horrified moans about the indignity of it all.

chanp Mar 31, 09 9:45 pm

I did RA once, never again :)

Teacherflyer Apr 5, 09 1:09 am

Thanks for the report---I'll have to try Ryanair some day.

LNKed Apr 9, 09 1:33 pm

Ryanair is always an adventure. But as long as their prices are still insanely cheap, I'll continue to fly them! Thanks for the report.

thomas199023 Apr 11, 09 6:05 am

Updated, Flight back will follow soon

thomas199023 Apr 11, 09 6:50 am

Originally Posted by LNKed (Post 11555244)
Ryanair is always an adventure. But as long as their prices are still insanely cheap, I'll continue to fly them! Thanks for the report.

Same here, If I can fly for 10 Euro return to london or Milan I will most certainly keep using Ryanair.

buffypotter068 Apr 19, 09 10:33 am

im seriously hating ryanair at the moment .. for some stupid reason they cancelled the route between glasgow and weeze -_-' ..

how am i suppose to go home to holland .. there is NO WAY im spending 150 pounds for 3 days to fly with klm -_-' useless :mad:

LNKed Apr 19, 09 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by buffypotter068 (Post 11606916)
im seriously hating ryanair at the moment .. for some stupid reason they cancelled the route between glasgow and weeze -_-' ..

how am i suppose to go home to holland .. there is NO WAY im spending 150 pounds for 3 days to fly with klm -_-' useless :mad:

You can try going indirect with Ryanair... Not that convenient but a lot of times, it's cheap.

thomas199023 Apr 28, 09 9:03 am

Updated with final flight of the trip!

LAX May 3, 09 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023 (Post 11563699)
Same here, If I can fly for 10 Euro return to london or Milan I will most certainly keep using Ryanair.

How much extra did you end up paying for all of the other a-la-carte service? How about the extra money spent on going to secondary airports? How more would it have costed on other airlines on comparable routes? Just curious.

LAX

thomas199023 May 4, 09 8:45 am

I didn't eat or drink anything on-board, so that's nothing. As Weeze airport is only 20 minutes from my house it's considerably cheaper to fly from there then to drive all the way up to AMS.

They fly to Stansted so I just take the Stansted express which isn't very expensive I believe its about the same as the Heatrow express (correct me if I'm wrong).

If i'm flying to Milan (Bergamo) you can take the bus for about a tenner to Milan, but as Bergamo is often my final destination I don't use that very often.

Parking costs are a lot less than at Schiphol or Düsseldorf airport. If Ryanair has any promo's on they're often considerably cheaper than any other airline. If they don't have any promos on the price difference is a lot less. But then flying from Weeze is often cheaper due to lower overhead costs.