Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Singapore and Lufthansa First, Turkish Airlines Business to Uzbekistan and Berlin!

Singapore and Lufthansa First, Turkish Airlines Business to Uzbekistan and Berlin!

Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I just snagged a JFK-FRA-SIN SQ F award seat! So excited. This wonderful report is putting me in the mood already. Thanks.
Wow, very jealous, Buster CT1K. Just remember to control yourself a little more than I did on the short hop over the water. That FRA - SIN segment is a lonnnnng flight, and more conducive to excess and imbibing because of the opportunity to sleep it off .
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Excellent report so far PanHam!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Wow! I haven't seen one of these in a while ~ an old fashioned style trip report! More than just the increasingly common bunch of photos accompanied by sparse comments, you've combined good pictures with a well written, descriptive and entertaining commentary. You even included the menu transcript. Thank you for what is shaping up to be a First Class trip report!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:09 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Very entertaining description of events on the IST-TAS flight--thank you.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
More than just the increasingly common bunch of photos accompanied by sparse comments...
I'm guilty of this, but please remember that not everyone has time to write long, detailed trip reports.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Wow! I haven't seen one of these in a while ~ an old fashioned style trip report! More than just the increasingly common bunch of photos accompanied by sparse comments, you've combined good pictures with a well written, descriptive and entertaining commentary. You even included the menu transcript. Thank you for what is shaping up to be a First Class trip report!
Thanks so much, Seat 2A! I'm an admirer of your writing style and trip reports (I recently checked out your master list), and that means a lot. Thanks, again.

Originally Posted by ylwae

I'm guilty of this, but please remember that not everyone has time to write long, detailed trip reports.
Ha, no worries - I somehow make the time. Believe me - there are many other things I should be doing (studying for midterms comes to mind).

Thanks, again, for reading folks! I'm hoping to have the Tashkent reports up late tonight or early tomorrow.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
The Russian Aircraft you are referring to is a Yakovlev Yak-42, the bigger brother of the Yak-40.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
More than just the increasingly common bunch of photos accompanied by sparse comments...

Originally Posted by ylwae
I understand. However, as one who used to troll the trip reports forum specifically to find, copy and save some of the best written reports (I've saved over 300 since 1999, though far fewer over the past couple of years), I would say that these days, with the advent of photo imbedding, considerably less people than ever before actually take the time to "write" a trip report. Not that there's anything wrong with this, and I accept that indeed some folks will never have the time. However, this is also our collective loss, for I believe that a nicely written trip report can take the reader along on the journey far better than a simple collection of photos alone.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 29, 2009 at 10:32 am
Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Great trip report so far! I cannot wait to hear about your travels in Tashkent.

Sadly, travel to much of the Former Soviet Union besides Russia, Ukraine, and the Baltics, means arriving and departing at ungodly hours. I think many airlines look at the republics as a way to sneak in a profitable flight on an aircraft they can then use on other routes during the day.

And, one last observation, it seems almost every trip report that includes a SQ F segment has the reporter book the cook for the Lobster Thermidor. Its kind of funny.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Ha, it's true - I think the experience of eating lobster on a plane, especially for us SQ F rookies is just too much.

Sorry for the delay in part 4, folks. I'm off to run more errands, and I promise I will post it later!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Part 4, Day One in Tashkent, is live! See the OP.

Sorry for the delay, folks. Let me know of any comments or criticisms. Thanks for reading!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Just read part 4 and have to say its very interesting, the buildings and especially the mosque is very beautiful. A great city to visit, but not anytime soon.
Can't wait for the next part.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Studying for another midterm, but, will have Part 5 up tonite!

Gracias, folks.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Really enjoying this TR, I've always wanted to go to Tashkent, and Samarkand too.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Keep it coming, its taking me back 25 years when i visited Tashkent as part of the USSR as it was then, i remember some of the photo's so well. although others seem to have taken a step for the better.

They were the days when your trips were organised by Intourist the State travel agency, and we took in Samarkand, Moscow and Leningrad too.
All flights were of course by Aeroflot and i can remember the flight attendant coming round with a massive tray of chicken legs on one of the internal flights and that was the in flight meal.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 2:52 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Great trip report! I must admit to checking Trip Reports fairly frequently for your updates. The last time I was so eager for a new installment of a series was the anime Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex. Of course, I mean that in a good way

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.