Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Air France La Premiere First Class CDG-LAX

Air France La Premiere First Class CDG-LAX

Old Mar 20, 09, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tunde Baiyewu View Post
My best friend, Paul Tucker.
Have read a few of your posts over the past few days, is your best friend Paul Tucker by any chance?!!!
Old Mar 20, 09, 3:36 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Mark345 View Post
Don't want to be a cynic if this is genuine- but a second hand TR and I'm certain the main course snap was doing the rounds a few months ago (same menu? Yes. Different Snap? Possibley.)...not sure about this at all.
I remember the one you mean and checked

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/v...0/P1030251.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/P1020041.jpg

Not the same photo, only the same terrible service

nickyboy
Old Mar 21, 09, 12:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mark345 View Post
Don't want to be a cynic if this is genuine- but a second hand TR and I'm certain the main course snap was doing the rounds a few months ago (same menu? Yes. Different Snap? Possibley.)...not sure about this at all.
As someone has already pointed out, and I pointed out, the picture is similar to another one already posted my mofomat last year. It seems it was the same dish. But as you can see, the photos are different!

As for a second hand trip report. Yes, it is my best friend, Paul Tucker, who flew, but the pics are his. I've asked him to join FT himself but he'd rather not for some reason.
Old Mar 21, 09, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
That's the first time I see someone write a trip report about someone else's trip.
Interesting.
Shocked by the level of service on board.
Old Mar 21, 09, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Tunde Baiyewu View Post
Don't know why the pictures are not embedded in my post.
Gastly
Old Mar 21, 09, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
Thanks for sharing. This sounds pathetic. UA level service.
Play nice - UA's service is fine in F and in upper-deck C
Old Mar 21, 09, 12:04 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thanks for sharing this well written report. Why would anyone spend money or miles for this mediocre F product? The presentation of the main meal alone is quite detrimental. AF crews tend to be very "unobtrusive" but polite and professional in my experience. One time when I was in J class I used the F lav and upon exiting the FA reminded me that the F lav is for F cabin only. I explained that the J lavs were busy (small lie, I actually wanted to check the F lav) and this was an emergency. She forgave me for my "intrusion" and explained that they wanted to keep the cabin as quiet as possible (there was only 1 F psg and he was dozing off).

Last edited by aw; Mar 21, 09 at 12:12 pm
Old Mar 21, 09, 1:50 pm

Good description

Hi,

I have traveled CDG-LAX and back recently. It is exactly as has been posted. The board crew is simply not interested - except for the "announced meals" - and there is NO BUFFET, NOTHING in F-class to help yourself.

In my case, the meal quality was not so bad. Anyway, they always seem to be in a rush in order to get some rest as soon as possible.

The seating is not up-to-date. There is no privacy and the seats are old and shaky.

On CDG-LAX, the board entertainment system was "out of order" half the time and on LAX-CDG the in-flight-navigation-system was badly configured so that it constantly reported 0:27 as "estimated arrivel time" and 16:25 or so as "time to destination".

On ground level, not only the F-lounge has been greatly improved. Incoming F-passengers using connecting flights with 2-class-service are no longer downgraded to business.

You will be picked up when leaving the incoming plane and then taken to the F-lounge with a nice AF-car. Security check and immigration procedure at the lounge.

They will drive you from the F-Lounge to whatever terminal the connecting flight departs. You will be the first to board the connecting flight.

Greetings

Last edited by aemb; Mar 21, 09 at 2:38 pm
Old Mar 21, 09, 6:53 pm

I have read that F and C on AF is not good. However Y is among the best in my opinion.

In regards to UA F I have a friend who flew from London to LA on BA and UA F. He said UA F was bad but BA F was excellent.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: