FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Feb-22-09AA 83 FRA-ORD: 11 FTers in J! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/925108-feb-22-09aa-83-fra-ord-11-fters-j.html)

thecleave Feb 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by ExExpat (Post 11328437)
I'm curious, how did you all recognize each other? I'm always on the lookout for FTers :-) I keep hearing about these luggage tags, but they seem like an urban legend as I've never seen them in real life!

The luggage tags do exist! wrxmom saw my bag w/luggage tag underneath the computer counter in the ORD AC and introduced herself.

wherenext Feb 26, 2009 6:43 pm

What if she joined you?? As you can see she would have a few other women to talk to!

No dice, she hates small places. But our First Class seats to Tokyo this July should be big enough even for her.

Deltahater Feb 27, 2009 5:40 am

Ben:

Thanks for posting... this was without a doubt one of the funnest trips across the Atlantic.

I just noticed that AA extended these low fares to Europe into May now, so we might add another one in late April.

Most of us knew about each other from the manifest posted in the AA forum. But, there should be a better way to recognize fellow FTers.... the tags don't quite do it for me

BogeyMan Feb 27, 2009 8:25 am

Originally Posted by ExExpat (Post 11328437)
I'm curious, how did you all recognize each other? I'm always on the lookout for FTers :-) I keep hearing about these luggage tags, but they seem like an urban legend as I've never seen them in real life!

ExExpat Welcome to FT! The FRA manifest posted in the AA forum was quite helpful in showing who would be around and once in the AC you can easily spot the tags. Though, I haven't seen many tags at my home AC or on my trips. That being said I don't have a FT tag myself :rolleyes: but I ordered one after I got back from the trip! It was great meeting everyone.

iamthehpt Feb 27, 2009 10:33 am

I've never had trouble finding FTers -- even without luggage tags. On airports known for their "mileage run worthy" flights, I go to the nearest AC or FL and wandering around asking if there are any FTers present. Of course, I always make sure my FT luggage tag is visible, so people won't think I'm stalking them.

Great meeting all of you on the ORD/FRA flight -- it was a hoot!!!

ben1979 Feb 27, 2009 3:58 pm

On a unrelated note, using this trip to help with my PLT challenge was part of the reason for this MR. According to the old FewMiles Excel sheet I was still 900 Q-points short of the PLT challenge after I came back. Imagine my surprise when I logged in to my account and noticed that I got PLT already. At first glance I'm not sure how this happened, but hey, I ain't complaining! :D

wherenext Feb 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Congrats Ben! Feels pretty good doesn't it.

ben1979 Feb 28, 2009 1:18 am

Absolutely. 3 years without PLT is too long!

BogeyMan Feb 28, 2009 8:44 am

Originally Posted by ben1979 (Post 11335001)
Absolutely. 3 years without PLT is too long!

Congrats ben1979! When is EXP? :D I'm turning GLD tomorrow :( since I haven't been able to travel much the last two years

I'm going to do a challenge and go to DUB next weekend. wrxmom will be on the return flight.

Gamecock Feb 28, 2009 9:32 am

What a good looking bunch of people!

ben1979 Mar 1, 2009 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by BogeyMan (Post 11335921)
Congrats ben1979! When is EXP? :D I'm turning GLD tomorrow :( since I haven't been able to travel much the last two years

I'm going to do a challenge and go to DUB next weekend. wrxmom will be on the return flight.

I'm so tempted to do a trip to DUB too, but I really need to stay in town and find a job first :D

wrxmom Mar 7, 2009 7:21 am

congrats Ben :)

What about an SFO to BOS for the triple miles?

ben1979 Mar 9, 2009 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by wrxmom (Post 11375536)
congrats Ben :)

What about an SFO to BOS for the triple miles?

As for BOS3X, I literally JUST found out about it when I logged in on AA.com. That'll teach me for not reading FT for a week!

I just read through the whole thread and it looks like it'll work for trips ex-CA. I'm really tempted. Now that I get the PLT 100% I may have to do it if I find the right fare. Did you book any?

wrxmom Mar 9, 2009 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by ben1979 (Post 11387700)

Yep :)
3/25 LAX - BOS
3/25 BOS - LAX
3/25 LAX - BOS arrive 3/26
3/26 BOS - LAX

Had a few others on hold but they expire while I was on the DUB MR this weekend. Need to get back to aa.com and book a few more. :)