Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

British Airways Club Europe LHR-CDG

British Airways Club Europe LHR-CDG

Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
A one way flight to JFK from LHR would earn 120 pts in J and 180 in F. Twice that amount for a return.
I appreciate that but I mentioned travelling in premium economy. My point is that TPs earned doesn't seem to be proportional to distance travelled or fare paid. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this. I'm off to do a search....

Last edited by matthandy; Jan 30, 2009 at 1:37 pm
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by matthandy
I appreciate that but I mentioned travelling in premium economy. My point is that TPs earned doesn't seem to be proportional to distance travelled or fare paid. I'm sure there are plenty of threads on this. I'm off to do a search....
My mistake sorry.

Yeah I've seen a few threads discussing the TP system and how they work the numbers out according to class of travel. The conclusion was there is no fair system an example being a discounted 190 return CE fare qualifies for double the points that a 350 single CE fare would yield.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:20 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
With all due respect... We do not have time to "pour all the passengers a glass of water"... and then do more drinks after that. If we could, we would. But, we do have some limitations on how much can be done on short sectors.

Some people will just never be happy.
Actually, I'm always happy.....

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Just trying to offer information... never mind.
Please don't take me so seriously, nobody else does.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for a very detailed report Genius1 ^
Old Jan 31, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Wonderful report. Loved the many pictures.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for all your comments once again.

Originally Posted by matthandy
So did you have a good time in Paris? Did you try out your French?
I did indeed try out my (rusty) French, and Paris was very enjoyable, if a little hectic trying to cram in all the sights in about five hours.

BingBongBoy, thanks for your reasoning about the CE product - what you say makes sense, although I'm still of the opinion that the orange juice should at least be in a bottle.

The CDG-LHR sector trip report is currently slightly behind schedule due to other commitments, but should be up by next weekend...
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
For those following this thread, the CDG-LHR sector trip report is now ready;

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...e-cdg-lhr.html

Last edited by Genius1; Apr 10, 2009 at 4:37 pm
Old Jul 1, 2011, 4:36 am

Thanks to all

Great info about BA Club class, found it useful as I have not used it for many years. My wife and I are looking at using their better class of flying and wanted to know if the standards are the same as 20 years ago. Flying cheaply today, the food is crap, service slow ( die waiting for a drink) just poor all round. Also I was checking to see if Club Class aws just the same as standard class 10 years ago when you still got the hot breakfast or evening meal, not some awful roll
Flycruise2
Old Jul 5, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Delta SkyMiles, Continental OnePass, American AAdvantage
Would love to see your photos but the images do not appear. All I get is a black screen at the linked site. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thank you.
Old Jul 5, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well I wasn't expecting to see this thread appear from the depths of early 2009!

Originally Posted by flycruise2
Great info about BA Club class, found it useful as I have not used it for many years. My wife and I are looking at using their better class of flying and wanted to know if the standards are the same as 20 years ago.
Thanks for your comments - important to note that this report was written in 2009, and things have improved slightly since in Club Europe.

Originally Posted by pabrams52
Would love to see your photos but the images do not appear. All I get is a black screen at the linked site. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.
They're working fine for me! Go into your options on FlyerTalk and ensure the 'Show Images' option is ticked under Thread Display Options.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.