Search

DFW-AMS, KLM Business class.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the report and pics.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the report! Taking this flight soon....
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:15 am
Suspended

just make sure you get your meal orderd before the friends and family of the crew do
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:38 am

Great report (and pics!) ^

Just a note on the food.... In C on SQ there is also no choice of starter.. (SQ16 anyway).. and - coincidentally (?) mine was seafood too!

Fortunately that wasn't a problem for me either....
Old Aug 24, 2009, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Thanks very much for the report. I am interested in changing over to KLM from BA so the review was helpful. Now if I could only manage to get a good deal in Business out of DFW!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does KLM offer an inflight bar for pax to serve their own drinks/snacks in between meal times? AF has a small bar (although it is rarely stocked fully), but was wondering if KL does this. It has been my experience that KL crewmembers are very stingy with serving drinks in between the services.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:43 pm

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does KLM offer an inflight bar for pax to serve their own drinks/snacks in between meal times? AF has a small bar (although it is rarely stocked fully), but was wondering if KL does this. It has been my experience that KL crewmembers are very stingy with serving drinks in between the services.
Your assessment is correct. KLM does have a bar in between service but options is severely limited to water, juice and some snacks which are actually from economy class!

Rgs,
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hardiwv
Your assessment is correct. KLM does have a bar in between service but options is severely limited to water, juice and some snacks which are actually from economy class!

Rgs,
Im sure pax can request wine/drinks, etc in between services from cabin crew in C, but why dont they have a station set up in C as well. Ive seen the Y cart set up (actually was impressive since it had some candy on it, which I thought was fun)...do they have a similar one up front?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Im sure pax can request wine/drinks, etc in between services from cabin crew in C, but why dont they have a station set up in C as well. Ive seen the Y cart set up (actually was impressive since it had some candy on it, which I thought was fun)...do they have a similar one up front?
As I said, it is exactly the same as the one available in Y, there is no difference in C for in-between service. This is really a weak point in KLM. The station set up in C has exactly the same as the Y. As you mentioned, it includes nice candies (kit-kat, etc) and crackers (tic-tac, etc). If you would like something more like wine you need to ask, but no fruits or better things as you have on AF flights.

Rgs,
Old Oct 29, 2009, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a daytime AMS-NBO flight a few weeks ago, there was no snack station in the forward C galley, nor any drinks tray. I went to have a peek in the Y galley instead, but the FA who was reading a newspaper there reacted with alacrity and just managed to pull the curtain closed right in front of my nose. As I was curious, not hungry, I just left it.

Johan
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
On a daytime AMS-NBO flight a few weeks ago, there was no snack station in the forward C galley, nor any drinks tray. I went to have a peek in the Y galley instead, but the FA who was reading a newspaper there reacted with alacrity and just managed to pull the curtain closed right in front of my nose. As I was curious, not hungry, I just left it.

Johan
100% correct. Indeed, similar situation happened to me. Many times while flying KLM C I go to the Y cabin galley to get something to eat as in-between service as sometimes you have absolutely nothing in the C station.

Rgs,
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by johan rebel

Johan
That's not the way to encourage passengers to return to KLM.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Did the breakfast come with the aluminum on top that you had to take off urself? Or what is that to the left of the main dish for breakfast in the bowl/plate?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by chanp
Did the breakfast come with the aluminum on top that you had to take off urself? Or what is that to the left of the main dish for breakfast in the bowl/plate?
Breakfast hot dish (there are usually two options, one savory consisting of ommelete and another of sweet consisting of crepe) comes with aluminium on top and you have to remove it. I personally prefer it because if you want to have your cereal first the aluminium keeps the hot dish warm.

I must say I like KLM breakfast which is really good, normally you have 2 hot dishes options, cereal (2 options), yogurt (2 option), plus crew also serves Yakult, Actimel, etc.

Rgs,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.