Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

BMI ORD - MAN in Premium Economy: How hard can a PE product drop? (also random moans)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI ORD - MAN in Premium Economy: How hard can a PE product drop? (also random moans)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
OT, but when did MAN renumber the runways from 6/24 to 5/23? It can't have been that long ago; I just checked Google Earth and it says 6/24 (which is what I thought) but other sources confirm 5/23.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kevincm
Thanks Mofomat

And especilly for HIDDY and other Mucci's ...

Signs that Pucci is everywhere
What is it with Mucci and Pucci? Am I missing some kind of joke?

I see them listed as people's programs.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
OT, but when did MAN renumber the runways from 6/24 to 5/23? It can't have been that long ago; I just checked Google Earth and it says 6/24 (which is what I thought) but other sources confirm 5/23.
Yes, I received a bit of a surprise when I first heard about the renumbering. It happened on 8th June 2007.

http://www.uk-airport-news.info/manc...ews-070607.htm
Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Nice report and the photos were an added plus!

But, eewwww - shoes off on the flight?
Old Mar 13, 2008, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
For the sanity of dchristiva... if I'm sans shoes in the cabin, normally i have a fresh pair of socks on.... (but if I go to the little boy's room, then the shoes are back on in a flash!!!)

Mofomat, Pucci (or more precisely, Miss PUCCI GALORE) is a poster on the British Airways Board... and Mucci's? Welllll ... See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652976
Old Jun 9, 2008, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Great report. Don't be too hard on latecomers at security as I've had to pull that myself after UA landed us at 18.05 for an 18.25 BD departure. We did make it, but only just and had to turf an interloper out of my exit row seat after she claimed she thought the doors were shut.

ORD T5 is just awful with nothing to do. They're also a bit keen to board, its the only place I've ever had my name called out over the tannoy on a final call - it was 45 minutes before departure time!

Glad you took the trouble to write it all down.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
... I don't do tea ...
Obviously

... my friend ... will bring her own teabags to the USA, to teach some of our friends how tea should be served.
Erm ... a word to the wise: 'teabags' and 'how tea should be served' must never appear in the same sentence!

cheers,

Henry
Old Jun 10, 2008, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Great report. Don't be too hard on latecomers at security as I've had to pull that myself after UA landed us at 18.05 for an 18.25 BD departure. We did make it, but only just and had to turf an interloper out of my exit row seat after she claimed she thought the doors were shut.
I suppose I was a touch stressed that day admittedly (after pushing all that luggage through the terminal, round the ATS, complaining the person who designed the lifts needed to be taken away and left in the middle of the runway).

Polite people, I'll make the time for - impolite people.. there's a queue ... kindly join it

ORD T5 is just awful with nothing to do. They're also a bit keen to board, its the only place I've ever had my name called out over the tannoy on a final call - it was 45 minutes before departure time!
I found them to board people at T -45 too. As I was in a Premium cabin, I wasn't objecting too much (plus I was getting a bit bored waiting at the gate... better to relax in a seat for a bit...)

Glad you took the trouble to write it all down.
Thanks

Originally Posted by henry999
Obviously

Erm ... a word to the wise: 'teabags' and 'how tea should be served' must never appear in the same sentence!
henry999, alas as an IT professional, making Tea seems to be in my job description. Alas I'm not trusted with tea-leaves (and yes I also make coffee too).

And besides, the Customs and Border Patrol/Immigration might go spare at loose leaf tea - probably declare it a "drug for brits" or a "Weapon of Tea destruction" that could twist the youth of the USA to drink proper tea and not Liptons Iced tea, and thus force American corporations out of business...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.