Search

Battling Fatigue LAX-HKG-TPE-HKG-LAX: CX First Class & Regional Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2007, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the kind words!
Originally Posted by RTW4
I am happy incidentally that the second meal on this trip is now a dinner and not a breakfast as I had recently...
Interestingly that meal service, even though labeled as "Dinner" on the menu, still consisted of the fresh fruit plate and congee was one of the options of the main courses. Both items are what one normally sees in the breakfast menu.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 6:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Nice report as usual Rejuvenated ^

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
However despite all these perks and rewards, a human being’s body has been naturally developed with a certain fatigue tolerance level. No matter how great of a service or hardware product an airline is capable of delivering, fatigue is still fatigue and at times is inevitable. Just imagine yourself in an ordinary long haul sector. The number of hours locked inside a flying machine while being deprived of fresh air and the need to cope with time zone differential at the end of the journey. After dealing with this routine after routine, it does take its toll on a human’s body and I for one will not deny it.
I'm beginning to wonder if my body's natural state is perpetual time zone travel. After several hundreds of longhaul flights, many in economy as well as first and business when I'm lucky enough, I struggle to recall the last time I got really fatigued by travel.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:40 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
What they all said ^ ^ ^
Old Jun 5, 2007, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'm beginning to wonder if my body's natural state is perpetual time zone travel. After several hundreds of longhaul flights, many in economy as well as first and business when I'm lucky enough, I struggle to recall the last time I got really fatigued by travel.
Usually I don't either. But having to do 3 transpacific and 1 transatlantic within a 10 day span really got into me mentally of what is to come after the 1st transpacific that it really boggled my mind.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 6:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Best not to think about it really unless you're mad enough (like me) to be 100% sure that you will enjoy it all. Travelling in first and business there are some nice drinks and other touches to help distract you

Now in economy, OTOH, I must confess sometime after booking the around the world in under 60 hours I did wonder, briefly, what I had let myself in for.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Vitorinox Kit
Since when did CX switch from Elemis to Vitorinox?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:22 pm

Terrific trip report - and fantastic photos.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
It's much more exciting to read these international first class reports when they're not on US based domestic carriers.

Great report. Makes me rethink my STAR relationship.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:35 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by dbuster44
Since when did CX switch from Elemis to Vitorinox?
Yes, but the amenities inside are from Acca Kappa. ^
Old Jun 23, 2007, 5:22 pm
Suspended

But the Vitorinox itself is from SwissArmy?
Old Jun 23, 2007, 11:19 pm

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dbuster44
But the Vitorinox itself is from SwissArmy?
Victorinox = SwissArmy

Victorinox - original name of the company used in Europe and Asia
Swissarmy - special name, which they had to create for North American market after consumer acceptance tests
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
It took me a while to get around to finally reading this, but it was well worth the wait. I've never flown anything but First Class on Cathay and after reading this report, I shall endeavor to keep it that way!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You get jet lag when your body normal time is out of sync with the new time zone. However what I realized long ago is that you don't get jet lag when your body isn't used to any time zone. Just give up on normality and you will be fine.

And great report Rejuvenated!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fantastic report, loved every word of it!^ ^ ^

CX looks like it has a very nice F product, although the seats just don't seem that great, but it seems like the service is top notch!^ Thanks a lot for taking the time!

PS: I want your job!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BizJet
Outstanding trip report. I'm surprised by the F loads on LAX-HKG-LAX. 4/12 on the outbound and 2/12 on the return. Is that typical for CX on this route? Seems too low for the cabin to be profitable.
How is the patronization F load of the LAX flights in general? Are they usually low?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.