Bangladesh, Dhaka

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
Bangladesh, Dhaka

Dhaka, Bangladesh

May 18th 2007

I just returned from a 4 day visit to Dhaka, unfortunately I didn't get to see any of the sites while I was there other than around the Sheraton Hotel and the close by shopping center.
The reason for the report is to let you know what the people are like in Dhaka. Wonderful.

I was so amazed at how friendly they are. They walk up to me on the street and wanted to shake my hand and talk. Many invited me for tea and even to their homes. They do not see too many white people and when they do they are very curious. It was daunting at first having everyone stare at me, but once I realized why, I took it for what it was worth, smiled, said hello, waved etc. The response was always very positive and friendly. They really enjoyed me taking their photo’s and showing them their picture. It was a great experience.

On a worrying note, I was told by the hotel staff to be careful on the street as robbery was common. Even one of the executive lounge workers was rob on his way to work. Nothing happened to me and on two different nights I walked several blocks (6 or more) and nothing happened, I was alone so a perfect mark.

I found the people very nice and comforting and would not hesitate to go again. I felt like I was a movie star and everyone wanted to see and meet me. Now I know where to go if I feel lonely.
Regards,
Robert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.