FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   DL trip from PHX-ATL-TPA with mileage runs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/685839-dl-trip-phx-atl-tpa-mileage-runs.html)

N830MH Apr 23, 2007 7:26 pm

DL trip from PHX-ATL-TPA with mileage runs

Hello all,

After my recent trip reports during the mileage runs to TPA was good deal is $199.60 roundtrip on Delta (DL). It was very cheap price when I spoke with my brother on IM. He was very helpful to do searching low-fares with DL. I already spoke with my manager David at work to give me time off from work in this weekend to see my brother. So here are the details from flight information.

April 19, 2007

I woke up around 4:00am in the early morning by all myself. My mom dropped me off at the terminal 3. I already had online check in for 24 hours prior flight out from PHX-ATL-TPA. I went upstairs to take an elevators then I went take medallion lines go through security checkpoint after I stood the checkpoint before I went through to show out my ID before but, She told me to take out my ID from my wallet, then she wrote it down. After I went ahead to different lanes, I saw Michael was there that mean he knew me before. I passed through at checkpoint. I put my carry on bags go through x-ray machine. After I went through metal detector, I didn’t take shoes off. I told Mike that I was allowed to leave the shoes on. After I arrived at the gate 15 to look around the gate I saw my plane was there. Then, I wait more DL agents were there, but, I looked for my friends Susan is at the gates. Then, there she was. I came by to say hello to her. But, I asked her if she can upgrade into First class. She said not today because it was overbooked flight into First Class. It was completely full flight all the way to TPA. Maybe next time when DL allows give me into F class.

My flight#600 from PHX-ATL departed 5:58am and arrived in ATL at 12:10pm.
Reg. number N123DN.

When I was on a standby for upgrading into First Class. The clerk called the first class passengers to get on the plane. with Zone 1 First Class passenger first. Next, Zone 2 for priority boarding with Silver Medallion. I scanned with my BP when my friends to said ok to me to scan it with boarding pass. Then I sat down 11C in the front row next to F class. I was waiting for more passengers to get on the plane. Then the boarding was completed all row. I am only priority seating 11C. When my plane was ready leave for ATL, but, I saw my friend Susan was inside the aircraft before she leave from aircraft. I watched the boarding door is shut.

Then, I listened to explanation about the safety rules. But, I already knew about the safety information rules. Then my plane is headed to south runway 26R. prior to takeoff from PHX and I didn’t see the Chase Field. I think the roof was open or close. Then the plane is climb over attitude 30,000 feet. When I was sleeping all the way to ATL I didn’t want to eat refreshments. My flight attendant put on my seat with water and snacks box, too. Then I woke up to look out with my F/A that she did left it for me with water and refreshments, too. I was too tired when I woke up around 4:00am. Then I watched the movies and I walked around the cabin. I just wanted make sure everything good with my flight to ATL but, the plane landed in ATL very early around 12:10pm. It was very fast to make a landing in ATL. I had a nice layover for 3 hours. After the plane landed in North runway and the plane it parked at the concourse A18. Then I quickly to watch the door opening but, I saw a DL agent to thumb up with DL agent then the door opened it up. I checked the monitor to tell us which gate was to TPA. Then I walked over to the gate A30 but, there was no one there with my flight to TPA yet. Then I went take on the train from concourse A to E to see KE is there with 744 aircraft. I took pictures with KE in ATL at concourse E. I aw lot of the Korean were going to ICN. It was too crowded when KE/DL tries get on the plane for called the row number. I have noticed the sign was up when they will call the row number or C and F class.

After I ate with lunch at Arby’s Restaurant in the Food Court at concourse E it was completed renovated. I remembered when I was there at concourse E with food court is closed due to renovations but, I saw Panda Express, McDonalds and other fast-food. Then I went back to the concourse A to go downstairs by train from concourse E to A. I stood in the last car inside the trams. I waited for my flight but, when my plane arrived from FLL. When the passenger is deplane from the aircraft. There was not enough time when my plane deplaned back to Florida again to exchange the flight crew.

DL1119 from Atlanta at 3:20pm and arrives in TPA at 5:05pm.
Ship#679 (unknown reg. number) with 757.

After when DL agents were ready for boarding with zone 1 for only First Class then, I was the next one for priority boarding with zone 2. I scanned with the boarding pass with DL agents. It was very slow when the wheelchair was on the board first. I sat down at 21D aisle. The plane was full to TPA. The flight was delayed for 20 minutes due to other aircraft is pushback from the gates. I was such hurried when I am fly out from ATL-TPA. I saw 767 there in the concourse E when International flight came from Europe. It would be busiest afternoon in ATL. After that I sat down to wait my plane to make a takeoff from south runway before when we are in attitude 30,000 feet. It was no time when my plane to reach TPA. It was nice long day for me when I was flying out from PHX-ATL-TPA The mileage run then I am headed back to PHX on Sunday April 22, 2007. There was no upgrade available into F class because due to overbooked today. Maybe next time, DL will give me upgrade into F class but, I was standby listed for upgrade in First Class.

After my plane is landing in TPA then heading to the gates E64 I think. I was on their way to catch the trams back to terminal. I ran inside the trams then the door is closed. I was lucky enough that I am inside the trams to main terminals. After I gotten off the trams there was my sister-in-law is outside at the trams. It was being nice to see her again but, I haven’t gone onto the trip to TPA for while. After we went upstairs to reach the parking garage, we got out of the airport. Then there was I saw BA is parked at the Airside F. It was come from LGW daily roundtrip on the B777 aircraft. It was nice to see newest plane. After we went to CPK for dinners with my brother then, we went to Mall to get dinner at CPK but, I haven’t eaten dinner yet. After my brother & I went to his apartment to rest after his long day. I would like say it would be definitely it is nice entire trip from PHX in the morning.

I will continue next pages the trip reports with pages 2 on my returns from TPA-ATL-PHX.

DL4EVR Apr 23, 2007 8:02 pm

Great TR Scott. can't wait to hear about your TPA-ATL-PHX return!

hsmythe Apr 25, 2007 8:12 pm

N830MH:

Thanks for the trip report.

I don't have much personal experience on DL as I generally fly NW and AS - in fact my only DL flight in recent years was a short hop from MCO to ATL last September (DL changed the aircraft type 4 times between my ticket purchase and day of flight - and dropped my seat assignment each time).

Could you comment on the legroom in your bulkhead seat on the PHX to ATL sector ? Also, on your ATL to TPA flight was 21D an exit row seat - if so, could you comment on legroom ?

Looking forward to the report on your return flights. :)

N830MH Apr 25, 2007 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by hsmythe (Post 7641662)
N830MH:

Thanks for the trip report.

I don't have much personal experience on DL as I generally fly NW and AS - in fact my only DL flight in recent years was a short hop from MCO to ATL last September (DL changed the aircraft type 4 times between my ticket purchase and day of flight - and dropped my seat assignment each time).

Could you comment on the legroom in your bulkhead seat on the PHX to ATL sector ? Also, on your ATL to TPA flight was 21D an exit row seat - if so, could you comment on legroom ?

Looking forward to the report on your return flights. :)

Sorry, I don't sit there in 21D but, I meant where I sitting 22D for ATL-TPA. I am not in the exit row seat in the front of the Y class. I think it is good legroom inside 757 aircraft. I am always priority boarding with zone 2 all the times. As you know that I am frequent flyer with DL SkyMiles for more than 10 years. Because DL won't let me do that to sit there at exit row. I don't qualified to sit there. Thanks again. :)

N830MH May 3, 2007 2:47 pm

Sorry about that I have a bad grammar the trip reports but, my tutor was came here at my house for fixing the trip reports. So you can read it again. Thanks all! :)