Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A F Class in Asia: LX F BKK-SIN, SQ (New F)SIN-ICN, OZ F ICN-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:08 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Monica said that a few years ago, they had to do a FULL service--even more courses--on this short tag flight, and it was really hard to do a proper F service....
I can confirm that there used to be a full service on this route. I took this same flight on Swissair in Jan 2002 (this was after Swissair’s collapse but they continued flying the longhaul routes until the end of the winter timetable in Mar 2002). The menu offered is copied out below. Believe it or not it is described as a ”Light Meal”.
As you can see there were two full starters (and the FA insisted I try both) then salad, then four choices of main course, then cheese and finally dessert.

I was the only passenger in F and the service was fantastic. Once the FA had worked out that I am not the “only a glass of water for me” type of passenger I could barely take a sip from my drink before she was offering top-ups. She opened every different bottle of wine for me to try (presumably it would not go to waste as it would be used on the return SIN-BKK flight in a few hours). Unfortunately I seem to have lost my copy of the wine list but, as far as I remember they were of very good quality.

Lime marinated king prawns in a shrimp marinade accompanied by five pepper snow fish and a creamy Dijon mustard sauce

Parma ham rolls filled with apricot cream cheese mousse complemented by slow roasted cherry tomatoes

Seasonal salad served with a Thousand Island dressing

Coq au vin accompanied by button mushrooms, bacon lardons, shallots and heart shaped croutons

or

Grilled king prawns complemented by a tomato and vegetable stew

or

Couscous patties offered with pumpkin, grilled straw mushrooms and a tomato and basil sauce

or

Pennette pasta complemented by a vegetable julienne

A selection of cheeses accompanied by fruit

Bread and butter pudding complemented by an orange sauce and garnished with caramelized oranges

Coffee and tea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.