Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

AC 794 LAX-YYZ in "J"

AC 794 LAX-YYZ in "J"

Old Apr 6, 07, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 100K BA executive club, IC/platinum/RA
AC 794 LAX-YYZ in "J"

YYZ-ORD(UA) ORD-NRT-SIN(NH) SIN-LAX(SQ) LAX-YYZ(AC)
NH from ORD - SIN was great . Excellent service with nice personal touches. F/A always called you by name and food was great
Even UA was acceptable. Polite F/A's no food but polite plus drinks.
SQ was awesome as expected. Not much better in the air .
AC794 (Mar31) was something to behold. What a finale to a very special trip. 4 1/2 hour flight all nighter. They had 3 or 4 paper thin blankets for 24 "J" passengers. In charge (f/a) slept for 2 hours while her partner up front read the paper for 1 hour 55 minutes. When one gentleman asked for a glass of water you would have thought he had asked for a lung transplant. She was some annoyed that she had to put down that newspaper.
After meal service there was no sign of a f/a for the remainder of the flight until approach. A couple of walk by's up the "J" aisle cost $000.
Armrest was broken so that I had to rest my arm on a sharp edge of a food tray. A321 was "beat up" looking and in fact very dirty. My wife had a dirty napkin inside her tray and my tray was covered in spilled wine. Both needed to be cleaned before use.
All in all I could not believe that AC was in the same business as NH and SQ. I was not mad or upset, I was more embarrassed for the "airline".
Funny thing is, I had brought the the Pres. and CEO's book "Straight from the Top" to read on the flight. Either Mr. Milton wrote a bunch of BS or perhaps he should make his book mandatory reading for his employees.
Anyways, GREAT JOB by at least 2 members of the star alliance.^
Old Apr 11, 07, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Air Canada seem to have gone downhill of late,one reason why they stopped flying from Glasgow was the poor service and cost of their fares - pax were taking their business elsewhere.
Old Apr 11, 07, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
This is not shocking to read. Ac has gone downhill. Only a miracle can bring this airline up to par with other world class airlines. Now they are upgrading their fleet but I don't think that can be seen as Salvation.
Old Apr 14, 07, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, that's unfortunate. I am flying AC in J for the first time in years from SFO-YYZ-TPA, although it is a daytime flight. I hope that my experience is a bit better than the one you had.
Old Apr 24, 07, 7:18 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I flew on AC794 last year on an LAX-YYZ-HKG itin and the redeye service was poor. Like you the OP described, lack of blankets and disappearing FAs was no fun. On the flip side, YYZ-HKG had wonderful service and I was a happy camper

Search this Thread
Search Engine: