Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

European Business class can be pretty nice!! LH/TP/LX/LO/VO/OS in C with 100+ pics!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

European Business class can be pretty nice!! LH/TP/LX/LO/VO/OS in C with 100+ pics!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:47 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Many thanks for another excellent report, jacob_m! It was a pleasure to read and I especially appreciated all the pictures you took.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by jacob_m
No specific plans at the moment, although I do have an invitation for a wedding in Mexico this summer and I'm getting increasingly tempted to attend.
One word of advice... GO. Assuming it's a traditional Mexican wedding, you will never forget the experience.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
One word of advice... GO. Assuming it's a traditional Mexican wedding, you will never forget the experience.
Well I haven't got any details yet, but I'm pretty sure it is based on what I've heard...
Old Apr 3, 2007, 3:42 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Impressive report, thanks a lot for the information about lounges and inflight-service in C.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 5:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Very nice report! The only thing that hurts me is that you don't credit this to M&M - you would have received 21,500 status miles for this trip alone.

SmilingBoy.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Very nice report! The only thing that hurts me is that you don't credit this to M&M - you would have received 21,500 status miles for this trip alone.

SmilingBoy.
Thanks!!

So is the difference that large between between SAS EB and LH M&M?!
Hmmm, well I do find it a bit annoying that I could have earned another 5000+ points crediting the flights to another programs.

Still I am very divided whether it would have been a good idea or not.
I have already re-qualified for SK*G with still another four months to go, so technically I could go for something else. But on the other hand I'd like to save my points for a free longhaul flight, preferably in a premium cabin, and then crediting the miles to different programs really isn't the best strategy.
Anyway, what's done is done...
Old Apr 3, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by jacob_m
So is the difference that large between between SAS EB and LH M&M?!
M&M is the program for short intra-European business class flights. 2,000 status and award miles for each flight, with an additional 500 per flight on M&M airlines if you are FTL or SEN. M&M is also quite good for F class; I guess you may have made SEN on your FRTW...

Anyway. Definitely best to stick to one program if one doesn't fly enough to get status in two. And those hotel upgrades sure sound nice, too. Never get this with my SEN card.

SmilingBoy.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
I was excited to see this trip report jacob_m . Similarly to your around the world trip report, this one is equally outstanding.

Enjoyed your photos immensely. Lisbon at night really is quaint and inviting.

Thank you!
Old May 3, 2007, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the review of some more modest flights. Like you, I was most impressed when flying Austrian Arrows last year between OSL and VIE. Mine was a CRJ in business, and unfortunately the flight was full so no empty seat which made the flight little different from an economy one...save for the catering...a very nicely prepared hot fish dinner was provided to us in the first few rows.

Also appreciate the reviews of the two WAW lounges which I will give a try towards the end of the month.
Old May 3, 2007, 11:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Shareholder - when I passed through WAW last month (twice), the lounge by the high gate numbers was much less busy than by the low gate numbers. (trip report)
Old May 4, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
jacob_m,
Your pics added another dimension to your interesting report. Nice to get a glimps of some of the lounges that I had not had a chance to experience yet. Keep it up! ^
Old May 5, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Outstanding trip report, jacob_m! Loved the pictures. I feel as if I've visited every Star Alliance business lounge in Europe today.
Old May 6, 2007, 8:59 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Also a great ^ ^ for jakob_m !!
Old May 7, 2007, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the nice comments!! ^

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Also appreciate the reviews of the two WAW lounges which I will give a try towards the end of the month.
The Fantasia lounge is indeed the one to go for in Warsaw, opposite gate 11 and 12.
There were only three people inside on my visit, very quiet and lots of space.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 4:44 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I hope the SkyTeam partners read your report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.