Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
CO EWR MCO in F

Details
2/18/07
CO 202 EWR MCO 12:15pm
757-200 with BF seats

Probably the first time I can remember in ages purchasing an A fare on a domestic flight, but the fare wasn't bad, and proved to be worth it.

Checked in online with no problem. Security at Newark lasted about 5 minutes if that. Didn't even bother with the EliteAccess line since it was so short.

At the gate, they began asking for volunteers to reroute VIA CLE later in the day for a $400 voucher. Nobody volunteered that I could see. If they ever did get anybody, and they went via CLE, that was the day the Expressjet went off the runway, so they likely regretted that decision.

Anyhow, they boarded F first, and as usual, about 1/2 of the passengers were right up front, looking like a dog about to be fed to be first on the plane. Always looks silly to me to see how passionate they are about rushing to the door. I waited a bit.

After boarding, finally, I sat in row 1 which is wonderful. Seats were in great condition, and I noticed we had the new on demand video.

FA's were two very professional, and friendly ladies who introduced themselves, took drink orders, and addressed each person by name multiple times. Very impressive, and their behavior made you feel welcome, and the boarding process was very relaxed. Shortly after, the gate agent came on, and upped the offer to $500 to get off, I dont' know if anybody went for it. Not that I could see.

Before take off they took lunch orders which was Cream of Asparagus soup with either a beef tips sandwich, or a chicken ceasar. I was a little annoyed because they took orders, but skipped my side of row 1 because the guy next to me was on the phone the whole time. Nonetheless, I got what I wanted - the Beef.

Pushed back just about ontime, and had that wonderful 757 take off very shortly after. No wait at EWR.

Service was efficient, but not rushed, and food quality was very good for being in an airplane. Drinks were offered again once, but if you wanted another, you had to ask, but they brough it with a smile.

The ondemand video is fantastic, and worked flawlessly. Had about 20+ movies, and 30+ sitcoms, news stories, etc., and a new inflight map.

We arrived a bit early at MCO.

Overall, very professional, friendly, and maybe even a bit stylish service. Beats my last experience on CO F last March from SJD to EWR, which was pitiful at best.

Return trip report later.

Thanks! Good job CO.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks a lot for the report!^ Does CO frequently fly EWR-MCO on the internationally configured aircraft? This is very attempting, especially when I have Ted out of TPA. Sounds like a great flight!

Was there a dessert of any nuts to begin?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:29 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Back in September 06, MCO was served with the regular domestic 757. Service in F was OK for domestic, they spilled a lot with the soup.

I don't think that MCO is in general on an international 757 cause all I hear is that they are short on longhoul a/cs.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
All of the 757-200's have BusinessFirst seating. Only the 300's have regular domestic. So any 757-200 has BF seats, although not BF service if it's domestic.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice report!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.